Sizzlin' Summer: A July '19 PTR

johnaalexis

Live Long and Prosper
A Disney trip, to Florida, in July.... Are we crazy? Nope, we just saw free dining and thought LETS GO!!!!

First, I'd like to introduce myself and my fiancé

IMG_0390_zpsy4njgyqm.jpg

Name: Johna
Favorite Disney Movie: Mulan
Favorite Disney Character: Mulan
Last Disney Trip: 2003

IMG_0388_zpsmvzqwsmv.jpg

Name: Damon
Favorite Disney Movie: Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Favorite Disney Character: Phil (from Hercules)
Last Disney Trip: 2006

Damon and I have been together a grand total of 7 and 1/2 year (and counting) and we have been engaged for a total of 4 year (in May). I know, long engagement, but long story short we have started to plan our wedding (several times) and then life, school, family etc has happened and we are happy, so we feel no need to rush it. I just graduated (in December) with a degree in Middle School Education, I promise I'm not crazy :joker:, and Damon working to complete his degree in Electrical Tech. We have two pups, a German Shepard and Chocolate Lab Mix, who are our entire world!

IMG_0353_zpsx1ifvijt.jpg

IMG_0357_zpshvjqlogt.jpg

IMG_0352_zpsamgz5bia.jpg

IMG_0358_zpsqu7ggher.jpg

This whole trip started, because my boss is a Disney TA and posted on her Facebook about the recent free dining running from July 5th to September 30th. I half-joking, half-asking sent it to Damon and SPOILER he said sure! I about fainted! I did a double take so fast I may have gotten whiplash! :hyper:
I sent her a message asking for rates, telling her we were flexible with dates until August 1st, and with resorts. She quickly got back to me and here's the details!

Dates: July 20th to July 26th
Resort: All Star Sports
Perks: *Free* Quick Service Dining Plan, Park Hoppers

Currently we are: Basking in that just booked, OMG I'm going to Disney excitement, nailing down our planning schedule as we work the trip into our monthly budget and just generally being excited about the trip. At this phase, I really am not doing much planning wise but trust me that will come soon!

I did get a Cricut for Christmas so you better believe I've created a Pin board of shirt ideas!

This thread will show all our planning and pre-trip prepping! Maybe some fun times and just all around chatter full of the Pre Disney glow! I do hope you come along we would love to have you with us for the ride!
Thanks for reading!

Johna ::MinnieMo & Damon ::MickeyMo

Last edited:
I think I'd like to post questions to the thread to spark discussions and help answer some of my Disney related questions! We have been to Universal in the past and we love it, but we decided to branch out this year with our vacation especially since we didn't take a vacation at all last year, day trips but nothing with an extended stay. I also plan to post more pictures and what we are doing to prep for this Disney trip, I'm a big supporter of planning ahead of time and having back up plans just in case. It helps to soothe my anxiety in general and I find planning, list making, idea mapping, etc. to be quite relaxing. Trust me, I know, I'm a little weird :p but do what makes you happy!

My first DIS questions is...

How do you countdown to your Disney Vacay?

I know some people don't do the big countdowns and that totally fine, I'd like to do something fun just to spread a little :tinker: pixie dust in our daily lives. I've checked pinterest and I'm always open to ideas, so lemme know how you do your Disney countdowns!

- Johna

Still Working on our Disney Vacay Countdown plans but a little update,

WE HAVE CHANGED OUR RESORT!!!!!!!

We are staying at Pop Century now (preferred pool view) is what we changed to for not much more.

Damon found out they have a giant Roger Rabbit and said he HAD to stay there!
(Sure ya did, love! :thumbsup2)

I'm very excited about our choice, but this choice also meant some date changes.

Now we are traveling July 13th to 19th
(I'll take anything that gets me to Disney sooner!)

Stay tuned for more Disney lineups from the Menshouse's!

Thanks for reading!

Hey Everyone! Just a quick update, It's almost time to plan our ADRs, since we are getting the QS dining plan, we are going to try and utilize it as much as possible! I was wanting to do a character meal so here is my discussion question!

What do you think is the best character meal at WDW?

I thought Crystal Palace, but fiancé want to try and do big meals towards the end of the day, and it's dinner buffet hasn't gotten great reviews. I've heard Tusker House is good, what are your thoughts!

We love Tusker House! Its has great food and fun character interaction. Plus visiting Animal Kingdom at night is a big plus!

Hi everyone!

So, we are about 5 months out! Which means I have already made out ADRs!!

Here's our list!

Sunday

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' (Dinner)

Monday

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater (Dinner)

Tuesday

Be Our Guest (Breakfast)

Wednesday

Tusker House (Breakfast)

Thursday

Via Napoli (Dinner)

Homecomin' is going to be our "Date Night" - When D and I go on vacation, we like to have one night where we dress up and just enjoy each other, no fuss or anything just a relax day ended with an evening together. I decided to set this tradition at the beginning of our trip since we will be travelling on Saturday, so we can relax all Sunday then having a nice dinner.

Sci - Fi Dine is D's choice, I have set this day as our "Hollywood Studios Day. We have park hopper's so we can really go where we feel. I just like to set "days" for my own reference. D say this restaurant in a Youtube video I was watching and asked if we could go there. (He is primarily paying for this trip and he is letting me have complete planning control, he says he is "just along for the ride") so, I wanted to make sure we ate here since he asked.

Be Our Guest was my choice, I decided on breakfast since is QS at breakfast and we have the QS Dining Plan. Also, Beast castle :cool1: I have seen review for BOG that say it's not the best at breakfast, but since we have the DP I thought we could use it.

Tusker House was both of our choice. I wanted a character and I originally wanted Crystal Place, then after much consideration, I went with Tusker House.

Via Napoli was D's choice and the only other thing he wanted to do besides Sci Fi Dine In and riding Kilimanjaro Safari.

What are your thoughts on our dining choices!
I'm going to make another post with out "Wishlist" of QS dining soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter