"SIVAKO!": We and the Humidity Rise to the Challenge - An August 2018 TR | Updated 12/11!

KJeff90

Mouseketeer
RQ4Ab5Vffyr3LDY7uImuabMCp7IIn5gdXLgIFAyuH2zotRBBvbEd9F4iKzQGDiipE9wCWJWdnWKh5l8ks5kR8hXzEA7VKDNMgYaROmvDwxUcQuh7WTJdeD3GgLBvVkOX3hg7hlxhAAjyV1pxsasVmSZLQfhPPVBSVCmHByFMyVuwG7ZOJDxc1jdx4rFtdCMTZxilI7sgFZ8yPT_7qXk3SKjYkpzJWF5ReBKmZMNOTZWKxnmyCJMuT03r5ypv7cyGzXxVO8CXM4wLfyZca5isj3e76HU1sc_RaF6kc0mGFq3hninLHbNG_E2iaUKqdNeZk_092aTz2zDlKjfj8oiMiAHGKfvzzQZv47JPl11BdNvymU1J5PcZCRwUTDPfAigvKf2jPn8UllMOAKUG1VmEGKDBbMEi3njCREqd0R1zxQakx3ADOtkyKJjTuu4VaAGjj3uPVu9V0ZyZtaCuyLVFguh6hLSuSKnEckvJRsH4dAbK-jK6ACc4qXg0HwhP4Y3RUSW57MlwsqHYZmLxsRaT8Sb6AtpFBDoDj9bB-0xk7RaUnBgjISbD_SokXEy9ZdoWkV9oAvhdDe6ob1tDgJ1ju6y9etib-LQvIrU9O2GwXRLHJI3FJ8d2Ur_1vNGgcivCrE7JjC0Y6vLQRnM0p-Th-revhJjILV62=w585-h878-no

Hey there, friends! I'm Jeff, and I'd like to welcome everyone to my travel party's trip report! It'll recall our perspectives on experiences and adventures we experiences during our August 2018 trip to Walt Disney World. There were a few mistakes made, lessons learned, and a quite a few photos taken of food that make you question your life priorities and what "love" really is.

After 18 months of planning, you'd think we'd have everything set in stone. But being who we are, even the things that took the most time to plan were changed at the last minute. Despite our group being so large, our overall flexibility is what made our trip the enjoyable experience we had.

We'll try to keep things casual and fun, and maybe even exciting. As you can see, the humidity was something that caught us off guard, among other challenges. For 6 out of the 9 of us, this was a first visit to Walt Disney World; a rite of passage if you will. :rolleyes:

But like the wise Jackie Ogden from the Pandora Conservation Initiative says about what the Na'vi say; "“Sivako. Rise to the challenge!" And boy, did we ever.

There's tons to share! Like what we've done and where we went; which we'll get to. We still have to introduce the whole gang to you! Introductions will have to wait until the next post, but until then, here's a sneak peak at things to look forward to with the posts to come:

+ Photogenic Food + Humidity + Sideways Rain +
+ Unique/Special Experiences +Humidity + Memes, all the Memes! +
+ Fun Facts + Common Sense For Others, Lifesaving Advice for Us + Dining Reviews +
+ Awkward Moments + The Divine Connection A Human Can Have With Air Conditioning + Humidity +
...and so much more [humidity]!

You may be wondering which of the people in the photo is me... I guess you'll have to wait until the next post! (...or check out our pre-trip report.)

Last edited:

I started reading your PTR and then life got crazy and I lost it! I'm here to follow your adventures now though, hope the trip was great!

I love the title!

I currently live in a dry climate and the summer humidity in WDW was sucking the life out of me a couple weeks ago as well.

Introductions: "Our Origin Story"
Ah, where to begin? Well, I guess we might as well start from the very beginning! The little spark that lead to this trip. It's a fun little story, but I'll try to keep it short (I'm tend to get very long-winded). Also, there's quite a bit featured in our pre-trip report if you want to look more into it. There, you'll see all the changes from our roster of characters, to plans that changed as frequently as the mighty wind (there's a Kronk-load of "Colors of the Winds memes/references in there!).

giphy.gif

Another thing that I'm taking from our pre-trip report is the almost-excessive use of GIFs.

Almost exactly 18 months before our trip to Walt Disney World, a casually spontaneous trip to Disneyland was had between me, my cousin Randy, his then-fiancee Abbey, my cousin Katherine, and her boyfriend Daniel. Did I mention we were all from California? Well, we are.

lEyJe7X5oV8at7fMhEb3HLCynJ8Li5UH4MwWhJKFrlXhIeeSoZ8bhoYVw3dKRF8pzTpGlplzJ2rAeDUSbG3--QH-9N4izdVco4VpmR_RQwyoUHWz1WsmUtZjuntRVZovW8aRQtVyKBdW63GgWLM3A2UVAy9jvf01Zz9gf_L4Zu3txXXXTsaIj1AB7Q364o9MHAd2u5yZFXndjxGqo0p6qZObErkzJIOKV-6-2EP_opi2CYJuZ2k7edhd-MQmFh5dJCtVh0rnEDObvvF2EsEPxwerH1UmCS_BQfAQmfTKussvOvih23QRqIWDbP0EWp8wFoHVXph7LnijTS27nM2F1n0EN7BBv-Jpc10SzhHmuQRQ-QNySCYS4q-UgV1Dk2aplQFXg0LTogMO_Td50_suAB0QbHxbvYdOXDncgYaTbEw8mNF-rlgG6s_HpNPl1zKx5GouIP-mJfzbX1MGvbAxoTWYoyuvufcBYPki7jAgozboNkX1_doqGjmw-Zxpyn7aJqwFXcqeRdAmKFajPqDssmH1i2bQ0_zNgqGqT2PJk0QnCNf2d5TPi-FcmzmPWbzhilcumkl7hLYM3MrnmpLs7qkqYRtIl8q7RCFRRVc=w960-h540-no

Most people take pictures in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, we're next-level with photos at the bottom of the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure escalators... (L to R: Abbey, Me, Randy, Daniel, Katherine)

On that trip, we felt that it was kind of nice to hang out with cousins in a Disney setting, and that it'd be fun if we could do it with more people for a significantly longer amount of time. With all of us being adults now, we rarely get the chance to see each other as much as we did when we were younger. Well, one thing lead to another, and on that day we decided to make a trip to Walt Disney World happen!

I scurried home and looked at prices, and times of years to go. A Facebook Group was made to help coordinate all the plans and get input. It worked out well and allowed us to get a lot of transparency and collaboration throughout the planning process.

We scoured the bloodline, like touring the country American Idol style, and looked for cousins who could go and be able to partake in the ultimate Disney World trip. We opened up the "audition process" to significant others. Cuts were made, people added, and wigs snatched apparently. We got as high as 12 people for the roster, and as low as 6.

giphy.gif

Times got frustrating, but we made it...

So who actually went on this trip? Well, I'm glad you asked:

qY3Li_DOv8te_nVQDPveS4YyKWCgh7mQsZRE9t8aJ8mFNcc3BZx4kGNX8HUbRRxFaUunZ4Dy-7vX8vcvKGP3FaJou6gKU6Ex_j0mOGHNGKMjzNvXy75zhhLrhNr2WezY6NppN3cx0RtCGywTFv-ffXsXJdpUtr-7duAsKbZKOAVVfUeL29RXe3iOGnqqJVq7P8impX5KKbJYyn46jMN16iJFeDcN12fYUJSA7CP9UDevc8RaIMdHs0E_EjwQcml_OBVk11N42L7XVL8nyCCqxdoeRk3rWHuSnTuH8JO6eKlxi9C6I_i7LjgXmbBYltM9yI4xqZlBBAqbV7BEV9IFd1nUfhPP6U2XrVq7MmA7Z_55QxNX-2NQwVHbGvf_8X48tj91ULrGHFYELYgItck-Led2lzH4qxvTgVH_DIIViP4SG6F92YWOZJapNJBEiVn1yBjCeTUUbVVpUB0uraq5u05Qj_ASJ8waWl4xoYr8P98iUbZRheBWSfD_PEhFh8BjmS9SfPw943FBsi-AzjPFyLAojvOr3jcHNNr33wjYILEjSYcVLIHSa0TKVGIOOzYKiuU3OPuKPTymvOIqqJ0FE9MWZ9L8jDLfd2uEbmpVAxuDYcPYRFTGhFZHyDSnktH-HEBthW-lZTn2GNv9J7bfty5HMlQTRguD=w1919-h1080-no

Unlike most trip reports, and due to budget-cuts, I'm going to post one big picture of our roster as showing 9 photos and descriptions of everyone would take so looooooong to do. (L to R: Kelly, Ivan, Katherine, Daniel, Me (Jeff), Joseph, Albert, Abbey, Randy)

So here's the fun part, learning how we're all related! I'll try to keep it in reference to the photo above, in order.

Kelly
Kelly, is my cousin. She lives up in Northern California and has a perpetual case of the giggles. This was her first visit to Walt Disney World.

Ivan
Ivan is Kelly's boyfriend. Didn't know much about him before this trip. But you'll soon find out how great he is with character interactions in the parks and resorts of Walt Disney World. I dubbed him "the character whisperer". First visitor as well.

Katherine
Katherine is another cousin, and Kelly's older sister. Definitely a fun person who "goes with the flow". She used to live up in Northern California, and now lives in Southern California; interesting stuff. Another first visitor.

Daniel
Daniel is Katherine's boyfriend. Met him a few times more than Ivan before this trip, but like Ivan, he was great company during this trip. It's his first trip.

Me (Jeff)
Well, I'm me. Scheming up surprises and planning stuff to do for the trip was mostly facilitated by me. This will be my 3rd trip to Walt Disney World

Joseph
Joseph is my younger brother. He's a big Stitch fan, and made it a mission to get autographs of Stitch, and as many characters as he could. Would you believe we're only 18 months apart? Yet another newbie to Walt Disney World.

Albert
Albert is my youngest cousin. He's the only one in the group that is under 18. Yup, another first visitor.

Abbey
Abbey, is my cousin Randy's wife. Since earlier in this post, they got married! She was kind of my right-hand in planning as she technically has made more trips to Walt Disney World than me. She and Randy just went to Walt Disney World in January of this trip.

Randy
Randy is my cousin. I was his best-man at his wedding. Main priorities for him on this trip was to eat as much as he could. You'll find out... he did.

And if you didn't notice, I made everyone's name the color of their Magic Band! The fun of having 9 people, is that we got to use all 8 of the colors available to us ( I bought a black one). Here's us (really, our hands) in all our MagicBand-y goodness, ready for to take on Walt Disney World:

ImtxI1qrcOMmYbyEqq5_SNWctm_t6oadQr3APFAcfzcXnQszTalqJsaRXek69m-Zb8w3bi8j_pxKtAV0Ox_bpkQXryfuZ5um3fAgsC8k7gzBRrqZbX9THi8HDaodbqjBghLCyV3ZywcJi5QCWvvD43ILEBql3BoW5GL9S-cEJjlLt2YODdwkE5QoXG1z-xgNI5GixqGd5FWVFurf8CWg69vtoj7kyxcGUgSYJJMDWSp2NQkLSgRzPGpRGe41_dS9qKkcFaC2rAk_hPX7zeChx5ckvObdfgIIKcl_9Mh_dREPDhC6AGheo-9YxUcGYEDJWxKuBHQqxibUgmYQVVATREoTmqoSvpAzqoqUD1TFd_lhCKy8csQ0v3ijgzm98_NWRnH1H8CDZbjtMvqMclw2Hx5sdvhqxStItVBnY44AKuQ1pg3ZvvWxFPAjTv0Ldu0sbeHh-VIxYEFr_hX0Wj681M7gWEi-TFUsgjGSt37MSu1voVZsXALI04Ug6PVJ_EoCBVLA3Ni7cPKv9G1_8TBdH4MMXQOfaNYfsLlc2AtY9cuKaJ_ARo8yJG3ZJx3IbEccE5_9e5TWg49FjXH4Jqx2-V2XR9VWVMSMbAj6gEqWJkpTEBv7eIs9idHyDkC4u4n5T1lqm8qjE4fs8SIJxXM-OCGVn61Cc4Gn=w1919-h1080-no

Slightly out of focus; but for a spontaneous night photo at a resort bus stop, I think we did pretty good.

Well with that photo, I think we'll end the post here. You've learned the origin story, and who we are. Soon you'll see how we journeyed out from our little home of California to Walt Disney World. Hang on everyone, things are going to get a little bumpy! :drive:

Day 0 & 1 (Part 1): Our Adventure Begins!
Oh no, where has the time gone? It's been almost 4 months since I've introduced our little roster of characters for this trip! What better time to get back in the game of trip-reporting than the holidays? I apologize for leaving you guys all hanging, but life and work have had me sidetracked. But fear not, we're getting back into full gear for the telling of our story. We'll rise higher than ever to the challenge to keep this story going! It shouldn't be too hard to recall our awesome trip from just a few months ago. :rolleyes: Now back to our scheduled post...

Since we are in the middle of the holiday season, and The Nightmare Before Christmas has to be considered one of the best holiday movies ever... so it only seems fitting that I tell you how two holidays in every Walt Disney World vacation seemed to have collided for our trip...Travel Day and Day 1! It took a while to justify the following Gif, but we got there!

giphy.gif

It seems like everyone in the trip-reporting world like to count them as two separate entities. Ah, but our first challenge we had to rise to was this...

kQ7KndwKl2mOEyYu9T22BsLNUdLmTSmk4oaYCVibInpPCMTwyQRy4Xm9ObX-kGMruSipu9jsgvYVBW8vlogxi2iy0pIF8SoSYrZyDemx6OU7lhTnrUgalH_lPq5PqHVsiodfLIhqpQqJEAGxUQbH4QYCMPhaCYNT-5574sCc-Dx7wQvHpl2XyBlMLIvcWuGJ0JPQunf2XucgBdYcYal_0ACZvS4s8CxyRy5u9DAMj1Pe2-HSnBRUpPcbgfP0t94rRqbq-tdSzpD7iUcIXjiDujcikYQ3-4OaTre7OZhJ-gAV8EpEgP17DyuaB_6GanYKCtGjNaIbH_4GKUw_hBdjf1CmSNBpfks4DNRi12c_U_UPTm4NOstu7rBThmJrAgCfeDNPbyfidbMAz72MwzSjyPBD_PWiZyKQjlIbGIM74hyW_JyfCl7yWrTTJnJCBeyEbMmEvncS1Xfx3TUOt6GR8kMtZYiaWkVPbceGhCCUcLKoqs8LPKx_TDRmE1Ns-EkT1nD7kgRgZK6goPRV69qKpVJ0a84ZTdkrd0QSuHUD6x2QH_RsXOuRug5WxneiJFMkEsHAvXLX35SrgnSkkRx1VcGFLaB2BC0u8yFEqzICa8MlebKD-cyjLyST_qt2CkngTGxfi0yAu0PqG6vI0oZZfJedgzymQsdVcAxWZOvMQwujqWy-4sCJqDp-J1hHhuOUSvX9aml550LXkVmqyA=w1572-h885-no

...that's right, we booked a red-eye flight from California to MCO! A combination of it being a direct flight, and the use of TrueBlue Points I racked up with my JetBlue Plus credit card, it seemed like a steal as far as price goes. We basically got 9 of us to Florida for the price of 4.5ish. But it lead to a few challenges when we landed on the opposite coast.

The first hurdle was the concept of time, which was basically thrown out the window while trying to get us all to the airport. Leaving from the Los Angeles area, one would think it would take forever to get there with our infamous traffic...you tend to give yourself time. Well, there was an anomaly of a day in LA history that day and there was no traffic. This resulted in most of us getting to the airport as early as 6pm for our 10:05pm flight. Everyone got to the airport at about 7:15pm-ish, and we printed out our boarding passes and checked in some bags with our fancy yellow Magical Express tags, and went to TSA. Little did we know how long until we would see those checked bags again... you'll see.

We got situated by our gate in Terminal 5 of LAX and bought a few snacks. At this time, I also handed out our luggage tags and passed around some sharpies for everyone to them out so they'd be ready to be attached to their carry-on bags. I also handed out our snazzy Magic Bands! Since there were 9 of us, we each got to choose one of the 8 different colors available (I bought a black one for myself). We had an opportunity later in our trip to take the following pic with them on:

VCYU0PmK7Lq_CGXqUCoe7CabsU_OnTjheWb5HCHno9tWKjLVbf4So-R_fRBx0Q8tDwEM_G5CiE9my_4-qgDsoYcQQuCrSSHWut3z_An1WC-wvEXP1xSJu7VdSbCnvT7IUQU5V-XWU4_M_0rsNPgtx0dNV0AOWCA3ATq8cXoqY9_XBFKQFfDSWuNjV3bMLp3eOP5fz3ipLuwQ966GfpL6sn_TqPxmsdjdJl0efEfqGZk_5e_tbmsRMOUv3ejshhJFa_iIi5QXUxTQr34OQJkQcPLdUuMbWI--TE-OXpfPXSBR5M3oOqbGQ9B4xTKlsC4pgX6f-IV7c8SgYh-LQRzW2_IQTgl0KZt7E7DKUbzWD_W6rL9g1oj8qPRvCLMYGFzR5fa7ZH1qOAyCP1TLtOeK5bWHLhFObnNRyUM5TTFBXg2Dtu_blEaKqTgESNxAN54ljWBGHEj2dpghas2fOAnKOdN3cM9naEJpybYun7Qn04XsC9Ys3ZDO-fOnwdEnjoET8nw9xFiYjyEvMOyYfDa2-IpRb5yekxPN-0vh9Mbv49ajX9fX5F0uBOsbpoF3qEhbBNbHjFu4JZmUD41qfEL5sDb4LTMAQ5JJaK-fhpbj4frwP7V6qeAz2d_0hHAS_oP5yGo-ONRecsy1hL2RljqmI5WdSiwz8zTk2Y5cDhdION3b8kr8vWTogIdKRasq7r56_tc8_GsqwB6lUdo70A=w1572-h884-no

I strongly recommend anyone who is blessed with the opportunity to try out Lemonade. It has a few locations scattered around Southern California, and our first exposure to it was in this magical land that is Terminal 5. They had giant macaron sandwiches and Instagramable lemonades like this one:

15b4XGUpDWgzQI3P4xcqAnpkCcARGdrol3NUh3xV1UDmcGkzAnG2ejZ7oqjIP3EqLiNSdyBoIsBK9v8F7GUhWxcvsFYdlKHCQv-8S2aSEjwNRoT8v4YQwZ8KxJLLxj2fLfgYyZ-knSTgepFC1RPJnQJX0Ze-UrunynJL6AIOdY9DQSquyjG0A5a0av5eY40rnxQPBkPAHr-F9fSYajvmBHtgO1FYvALqL8xklrrAgk6Vz5pj7CtHVGVLP-zR1RGOGA9WxhAbOwUo7LSr-rrvl1YCtYG5Jaw4L3z9PgZyhc4AEqH3NYTXaaGNzSO9_kjNyosNXz8elB37hPM-xxylI6FJTUXAfYFqrB8MV3qCzV2tAQeh1lWk5WIeeN7Pfng8va_nmEvMD4RVb2XkN20HnY4-JWBOTfk8iw9uRGupPoEu-JpRo7s0xidp0LIWfdi_HUdcyDzeweGRFxj-vL5oqs6LYNg4q_Mcq03iiqg8fpM9iNvOca0RkpesfW1no4ArtnD0tqpqtnMdViIMWkAq9wwsgQvYTbQtUwMnVQNuTRXSe-xnoTw_mBt_lds1XOOxz-HFyu779p0KTvOUH-Ks1UvQ1y9cUP_HQZBeTfwXT2VCndv94hxLXAlLWCp5ujBepSTwVKMbbhiABS098ia6qZKapuOL3eUiD61yV-ha-R8UBmxWARgmkM67s7dLDBijOJQ2Z1YARRSs-znUjg=w1572-h884-no

Having our snacks and drinks in hand, before we knew it, it was time to board our chariot of the skies to MCO. One would think that we had enough sugar in our system to lull us to sleep on this flight, but the excitement of our destination kept us up... for the entire flight. Most of us only snuck in 15-30 minutes of shut-eye for the entire 5 hour flight. The rough air we had at the tail of the flight, had us all awake for our 6am arrival. That was the local time in Florida. So for us Californians, our bodies were telling us that it was still 3am. The time difference and lack of sleep would definitely be a big factor of our first day in Walt Disney World. We definitely hit the ground running...

In the next chapter of our story we'll tell you how we got to Walt Disney World, and what we did first! So hang tight, we'll have the next post up before you know it! And don't worry, we'll bring out all the relevant Gifs! :sad2:

Day 0 & 1(Part 2): "Our Arrival at Walt Disney World!"
In the last chapter of our story of adventure, we were just arriving at MCO. If it wasn't clear, the combination of no sleep and a time change, and when arriving the newly realized humidity of Orlando had us tired and jet lagged.

giphy.gif

Like I mentioned before, we hit the ground running. With that red-eye from Los Angeles, we arrived to what felt like an empty MCO. When we arrived at the Magical Express check-in area there was no one there except for the cast member checking us in. I joked around with him; "Wow, I hope it's like in the parks. Am I right?" His face went from welcoming, to a pity laugh, which is something one can easily expect when one puts in a half-awake attempt at an early morning joke.

tumblr_o4rpus5gNN1rvhqlvo1_500.gif

We then got in line for our Magical Express bus, and found out that we would be the only 9 people heading to our home for the stay: Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. We had one of the most magically chipper cast members as our driver, and didn't let us forget that we were all too tired to function throughout our trip in the funniest way possible. Audience participation shouldn't be allowed before 8am. Before we knew it, we were arriving at the gates of Heaven:

sa1SmGKrdEB6wqYB9BaxuipzjBa7M-D6jtOkmRraq3MA0eB9G-XGFUUYWtrOUgyTx3qMANvgvtPymc2xkaRdWxbXIG1T_x-D-uutXEmx3Y9wCZXyuIMAdAo_-TjNDS5g40rk2FtlJIW0_mnaLOgbXOUyvw99b9PzhOG-IJfJGApiU_Vbap9TfTEqykeTd8SRi2QgKfX6YCLSu7PRQwx78W0o8RypSs6y83io-TXZ51TGQPVtJ18q4fFoI4857avRo8BvW0j5kksd5jYyEN8kjnAD79M-L0BWyCB8ZwTIz72L8Nf22y4Z4cQH7c88_N35ucNILinib4PdJ0NXqfxEi8LEXBKvNjulnQhdLd2CJaWPUnWmyhSz8Hkxfky-kVBBXleFEpqgrXNPrGNTvmomoGRNctSdCI848jQ1j2lP_ktMrgB2ZwQtsC7cy3NdzLnj3y0AMl_dYm7Z7ifLow-Kdo-yRc6ol41hTciSMhheoUEJG0x6qkzJClPoWrYJF1yYAWMact3ST-b6VvF6FUc8zZ6N3PMC4ecwass_IbzaFhUo7YNmvl9Luoi4BkJtaJ1J26EOtzysNB9aDA7OPeVtawYASpxIJRU-0X9Xv-5A0IfE7jafEls4EoZIOyd2Yy4EstdTJmavvW5WnYYz590ghyttt2v0YbpKIn1-MhUElKyoiT7EhySwFH1foQXchPhjgUzXkgEk6AolwLJj5Q=w1572-h885-no

...and then we arrived at our resort! Check-in was easy enough. With our resort being a Disney Vacation Club resort, we were told that it could take a while to have our 2-bedroom villa ready for us. We were told it would be ready by 3pm, but they would try to have it ready for us as soon as possible, and would be notified if it were ready sooner.

For most of the people we were travelling with who had never been to Disney World, the ride to our resort started to put into perspective how big Walt Disney World actually is. Most of their faces went from looks of hope, to intimidation. I had a feeling this would happen early on in the trip, so I planned to have an easy transition into the resort and the World of Disney, for the more casual Disney fans among us. This transition came in the form of breakfast at 'Ohana.

Some of us were smart enough to bring some arrival clothes in our carry on bags. Those that did, changed into them at the restroom, just off the Bay Lake lobby. We then left all of our carry-on bags which included the rolling, over the shoulder, and backpack types. With nine people, we checked in 20 bags with bell services before we made our way to the atrium building of the Contemporary to hop on the resort monorail line to Polynesian Village.

We took the handy bridge to the main building, and somewhere between the Bay Lake lobby and the BVG store of the main building, my brother managed to scrape himself up on his arm without him even knowing. He had a decent amount of blood dribbling down his arm, and a quick trip to one of the small stores in the main building to buy a little band aid kit that came with some disinfectant. All mended, we were ready to go once again!

We went through security, and finally hopped on the monorail to our destination... Disney's Polynesian Resort. My cousin Katherine took the following Snapchat photo:

G35MEHWkcnnp9TknBFCFLDYADAzaPy3Paibih3FyXSk2kfPOggq2BT3m_QJCAzRlTLvz1Qgi5zJghfQO2Am73RtJSlmW-LoejlJx0rEhRAbzaiyM4DQ_NFETvU7BE0J1pJdPVpdX0GATazClqRZ7Ou_fIEyRk1ecxtvAqLi3N92KvRPBUjUrfoY2obVni3jTKD3CvWiOF0EV9njE5b2DeZuvxlSBgQ1eK5YXus_G85wnLP2xz7xc69W9CWUEhuq5H00OJZV60L8t8MfvfD20Vd_FRkpk8dI_bK3rj9zeXS7ZZG0wzRMcJ93tKFavOxriw4SDXBjBvVY6BHiexARSteikpmhlkZNtsePalfhobECYxZj6kC9OhGymbvBb1edui0XSgvCorGCm17Icx-sbztgj-X2jw4Rm-7YJBV8LudyZzmMmkIq9R_b9hysYZOwHqfVGzGR-cLyXvhDeIoALGgHIjBm7oZXkpSsCsZ7VrFI9i7tYvEu_pE8D5dz3L2q58PbhDNaQftR5F6jHBdW2WUzPOpGsRTc3ex32y521NY5uwW3cIWAZfr18h6bEY0_xlXp3Dp7tMIeQgKj5UhrEQa4JoXrKwdfZsB3K4drilFjDCddQMQUyvd6e7-8giOK28kacqZhtHfd-oALVvezaCA8QqbIcQSugFEN8qANlQyPyELk4duskDbvAiQ2hPYpOle2vEjaMgUuovDZEEQ=w498-h884-no

It didn't happen unless you get it on Snapchat...

So far, the trip report photos have been light. We were still groggy from the flight and slowly waking up, so taking photos weren't that big of a priority at this point. Breakfast and caffeine from 'Ohana helped in getting us through the day. Throughout this trip you'll see a combination of photos taken by all of us, mostly on our phones. Photo taking picked up once we arrived at Polynesian Village. We also had the Photopass Memory Maker during this trip, so that helped out with boosting the photo count. Here was our first photo and character experience of the trip:

56NPY-3thii-vEOd1ajkKCjuxWDCfydHcrIbYlGscO6ZfvR9eZ8vYq9_vMrCsMp40F-Fipb6XyHsW4kZjW5_tlcgcE-kPWXBTc7M1VYTQFd5kR23IoMCbWiAFgzPcpBiN__H-PHFB4Kqs2cWIQ5PjgkNjiycH4RLuiGunGoNf3PuS6mqwuzp4j1XNC-eD6OvpvmXDoQExc2zUxDgME-gv-5p7de2FttdClxsrlWxsGQrBBxtKjKNFHMUH9cEr6h8S2DBh9ykiyO0URFsWo7IhLcNmYBFSIMRtl01T_g82636Vym1sOxk7PDCrUfKsCZhEmhMb-uonGl8Bfo6F35UybnFO9LhIjGqe5XGNdf3EkfgaQ43NoB96Nhc3_LInFAp2XjomdfOriFiWPIB9UswnB1hosM_KlLppUiWGnuFVrC1-Rqg1nAoE37T8tkJIcYklpdfd-qh3iUadX2isQMmLBGhZ33xSOTBALkztc8NBySrom4FA-QgJ3HR0p9A7P9Rx50TJh-eveqMtYy46D_etanVOo1HShE20GX3BMWKHWZxoghfjVbthBmd-HplH0ayoEwzf0c9tAoMYacw9USvFIYqSB0716Dn8AsG73bWU5mO9z2c43Qga_8y0ahUd-HZVxve9vC7RUaZxINA2uL5rv8-CUYFo97Ht4wvW_UIsQGllL8bqdJtD7HMutB6kp9CXa-6hU8yfc-cjo3sNA=w1326-h884-no

For people who were stuck on a plane for 5 hours, with little sleep; I think we looked pretty decent.

We sat in the lobby for just a few minutes, and before we knew it, we were being seated. We had an awesome server who knew we were craving sweet nectar that was coffee. Her name escapes me, but her personality was memorably peppy without being over-the-top. You haven't lived until you've seen 9 people fight over who would get the Stitch waffles.

My brother made it known to everyone that he had a goal of getting as many character autographs as he could throughout this trip. He had forgotten to get Pluto's earlier, so that give him the opportunity to make "the boss" his first signature for the books:

RijQXowGEVqLeMDEuYrEEvv_lBp3ImX_ygm-hk2Pr59Rej52d1a0PLco4VaMn8C472ZkwHzpcEVAvBlJXN0VzQgyo71dlOaiVFlzfXDLofe64_HVn4yAq7B287naimu-Zha1FiVMw5xHV_XpAewo-lmArgxKDR07xOGdzy3DuReXSYRveOJ0vEzMsLxjqPBx9UVxD7Rfklu7KSpcHHrF3sbwQgRyXpmmyjuwz9Zhyuj94SOrxsB7ya5eDWAlq89OhrtytmcJsNvOkjfLVJJ4Eb49GTcofV7Ej7LS6sE5vszHkG46q5AHfvxj0zpAolEDxLCosxmZgJ2pKyPheXBKsU5PpYflhaHxn2PLhuPC1o-xJDn3VV9aharLOI_9qMdx3VzdFLt78bQJ_qr3VzhP75MFunKoiw-PzewmHyZ2LJza_fmLvmDu_e8Smg059DoRvgdDdMGeJwcN_iSes7slo5bEI74Gn3v40DA8ZQ_M5QYAtYD4c8Tm6ai70B9-qbs_58OZnsCQF2qFd-X8nLyjGL0iQaYKogecfMygmq43ACaBZecTEK_-di8xgYC4Rn2OBZxz_G4PPjv4AtF28hMA1NqHGvf_mDu1EbDsEh8b8_GJuss1pCa7W1fsS2T2zF77Qh5H9fFSKwHJrvNDotLFyPh4z5QY9gvCPMgFIwKvErzqNrXq0gbzdXPfc6MpoOLE74xCh7AMfwudnyydDw=w498-h884-no

And you can't have an autograph without photos...

BQnLM2rGYipTkd7xPCiQn9kC0B-77ag_p_1ckcXBADnhzyOEoH4R6uG6k5jZ4zEZqRKJuM4H-LT6P1nF71oZgmiTk7vpeIc8d8pYy8VqrKmDbqaQSPoAigHcM5jsTVaD7v3E1HcnMIPtJZ4orZZO2rcdWmqjdkD49rSKhqxhAGU8lTwQlK-ixqlwnV3ohA2jZ7ONiJRHxsP4WS_AQny_0ztyK9M6SZ6-UreOrH0YJ3GoWTN-So7JelAmB6YlRUdr-O098LK_-K82TCgP-Q37H7J4H9y2fMcIGUL2PcdPzKS8-qUwQE3F8NPZIkBBa-7BHkc6Hoi3B5-GLU5iEv3vjO3aQlswHjtYj-3USi9Y9GHhgnNGWEWO9KNRmNs0sHoQ4cAzB0Goxjqd05yJJCeqDsqHkyOz2v_82hTJVDcoVudKK_iDEFcX56ZmfsFeeFVJaKy9wKcgx0gOVL71i9kxyeiJsjnA5-BRUhOYoa2TAgZp2Zt15hjwtBntR3ixdUV5pigVmSWdUISWv6Ce95o4qVFpxJV-vA9Drhwkw99984grePvNIOwqbZQhqG2oVfEajRvNLjZtNSIjWVdfF-wHR8vf4vODWf8VhwvzvSRzqdT7yZfwg-zD_wgHLuzniiX2LAAJ95kFFTEhtAr8xf2GJ4fEG66FVYLIdT3SBvnK0CbK-xrVJLc8f3sA1MlaWA2DFRc9Cohm30tEpyPXKA=w1572-h885-no

My brother and cousin Albert were having a blast with Mickey.

Mickey was great, but the smiles really cane out when Stitch came around!:

A1Jq2I8dsNQD51E08dO78S0xpTDjiztfZWWr8jnxMgvS9YvzdfuP4o2WtF6pr_E7WYegv8IxlrTHyy6j98JYVnb7CNqWF9xiCV3UZK4EMwVrjU7CBlThnpEDxNEw2LCm9gnYOHC0Jhqm_SxsEBK-mKnb1dmv0Euj_7YpF8NjLlzWYGlHSmxPHGem6jtsWvhcCQVKHHtUEQsG8XAmhs3D8XLF4nqyDD03s0CeUB9b8AY9QRXGZPaosJSIUmZaTDoBWEX4BkNI_adLcSISTeCV8koezKXKF6SXULcru_9U-Gzv0uWGF2GUC4Dc12r-ol_duBSdQbgyUuVHoN20agS5BJ2Muk2f5EkM7CRfqBNvoHgoJ-8QOn2Jx4QV8eG8oNSkJXyB0qu44NxAhsyZMhnpOXVguOaB4XF62BcSXabLfOfBL7xbiiqwVWzcordIQDrmMSpVA4DAVET3h8iZC5OaRjUYfa9ffkjBKhkqj5Vc3D2LjEBCEZx4kp_CV6BXZQ3OQyx5mSE302cU8LAap6pRk7eE0GPyKewzVivX_Oqdtvl9kz2t0rg0xM0T0EKd1yshYKjPOG7G_dNIupl-hr0OzlG0-Vpj4wmfN81YxUXAEHPDFKHSL3oUV77tVzINR6Vs5nIbtgeHC3QSotIJEgXxYn6VZlgY7ZIXqUg6YNcNlUY3OiWbLFYttubrnKqMxzRPgwAGcGvYZwpbnNNeqg=w1572-h885-no

My cousin Kelly, and her sister Katherine getting up for the little alien...

rJDOgP3KS3ISAr-vt_0BoiBVXBz1n6kxUQES6OtZnK4MgRbxguUe73CF3lodGfesoDrluvY_eGgnUfDRTscU_xWA3f3DkdHjikPsfkLpQsrUO4Lmb4ndDiAniEBjC8EWY9HkK5EvUeDZfh2KS_XISQVe5E04qPe6xDqg4H5-ZmIBdOH1rgH28TeeIPKfey-R7Ym5JW6XxX3sB-IKuPaiOVp5whOM15UH_ICSU7Xa2_eDsqpuji71bz-mdtMcrfeN6WZiV41urdnSFcPga5APOUe_ZbC2EeOGP_foHeRd1GhBGs7m8cWp0LC4amcXcweNlge_YqZrU0qWcEBGNwMmp9JitxZAdm1jNr_VQSBK2IIPOvFm_jPXNYRk-tnAGQK1teSOe2d30N3pkORNIl6tmNTxHk98AinHaSAIs_nCcRFUtyOKihe2a_yQsP9K-oIkMelf64LBxLLeYqotLtLI0ehW4d3MvcV-NW4DLIExXCzP1nRO0iUh_CXt8WSlHctJtkuo9MJmyiW3fCJyJuQvYGBmbS1_3GV3BOiB0CZQeHo_Hy7nVdEXWChN-5tbp_lKiZ509cWIrAVNYdkH9A4uDQNGc35MTdgXZsrYcXaWAxud9_dyTkh6JkTtStCAqzHyyxbT4rDQvFFwPlhhAyN9Sb2lVO5glZUWuCYx-BcXqFAy3FcIlrR3IUDTgkqtBabpQ5AQ3CxbX9pikoyshQ=w1179-h884-no

My brother smiling with his all-time favorite character. No it's not me, it's the guy he made sure to having a matching shirt of.

Stitch was going crazy over how my bro had Stitch's face on it. I think the mission of introducing the newcomers of our trip to Disney, and setting the mood for what was to come for the rest of the trip was clearly accomplished. Having their hungry stomachs filled too was just a bonus. Before we knew it we were stuffed, and ready to go.

Having the Disney Dining Plan for this trip made things easy as far as paying for meals. Since we were a larger group, all of our meals would have gratuity automatically added on. We had no problem with this and for each meal we would take turns paying the gratuity and then the rest of us would pay 1/9 of the gratuity to whoever payed for it via Venmo. We basically had it down to a science by the end of the trip.

if-you-could-05qvs4.jpg

You may have noticed that this was our breakfast, and so much has already been said. We wandered around the lobby of Polynesian Village, and by 11am, we were off to our next destination. Our next destination was our first park. It was a very ambitious choice of park, and may not have seemed like it would be an obvious choice, but the Fastpass+ gods were very kind to us before the trip. I guess you'll find out what our first park of the trip was. Tons of surprises and spontaneity seemed to be an ongoing pattern of this trip.

giphy.gif

Can't wait to hear more! I consider myself a pro Disney planner and even the thought of that many people heading to Disney is daunting to me! haha

Can't wait to hear more! I consider myself a pro Disney planner and even the thought of that many people heading to Disney is daunting to me! haha
Thanks for the enthusiasm! I'm far from a pro. I think all the planning in the world can be done, but all that planing should be to be prepared for what's most likely to come with a loose schedule and you have to be open flexibility, instead of going in with thinking you know EVERYTHING that's going to happen at any exact moment. You'll find out things that most would have set in stone, were changed last minute on the day of said plans.

I had a few surprises up my sleeve, and they knew there would be. So when we had to make things up, I played it off as just another "surprise".

Welcome back! You're right, for having been on a plane 5 hours and traveling across the country, you guys do look good lol :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sounds like tired or not, your arrival day was off to a good start. Looking forward to more!

Welcome back! You're right, for having been on a plane 5 hours and traveling across the country, you guys do look good lol :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sounds like tired or not, your arrival day was off to a good start. Looking forward to more!
Aww, thanks for the welcome. I'm sure we some of that Disney Photopass magic helped with making us look good with the lack of sleep we had on Day 1.

Day 1 (Part 3): Our First Park & Resort!
And just like that... we were on our way to our first park! We left Polynesian Village and made our way to our first park for the trip, Animal Kingdom! We waited a good half hour for a bus to Animal Kingdom. At this point, the lack of sleep started to hit us hard. A few of us had our eyes closing on us during the trip to Animal Kingdom, and people began to stare... but we pushed through it!

Once we pulled up to the park, everyone suddenly felt energized and we had about two hours before our first Fastpass. The first impulse decisions was to head over to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Sure, most of the cousins had no clue what it was, but they just went along with it.

giphy.gif

My cousin Randy had been to Animal Kingdom with his wife, Abbey, before. He remembered bits of it and what stood out most to him were the goats. So we had to stop by and see his old friends.

yPwr2KCu82rizhNoGONcbyv1pRwLff7Xi54QiNHAxaVVYeO_u4FSnF48s8lSU2-fIovn3HKEQwXIqPsKnNSqxaeT6vpi_7S7JYqsBf9ZMVWCKNeXAcDlINgR00YIaA-s15QgTiSCCIj-Nkc7RB8elTLkwW0nCmG99Ie_kEfdgCLHk87d19kXPIQWZnsqTzwby2syZHTy4uhkuHi9pokW7cfXMs4QJ5dlnV75RnyXxVtKNxDcXGSP4_t1Uz_R425sG8t3NlOxvqb33eFyjQSnnpUOxkdP_KVBwN8OWaekUaiBQ69lIv-zdNLziDMTRSSA7kkpEIQIMdWYC8PMVsZQX8CSxJQop4JufFk94__pmw-ARMVX3PJ7kW3kCnFI8hcGb2nCm_eovtGZt74ST5BFymdffeBesVMqJmSVrSbbbiQJOyQEFuKlh0B2ErQFvQHkzM7IaERr0hGmbPFKcoub_8x91wnHHitD3okNW5o59gImBS0l1N5LSxHOuBGhl3pQCbfNh7bo453yP95Fty-VelwR1PdFbnWdNN3vfJ3So5CsxfWQnF-TEFd64gIK4n9auGDpBJyhgOie2ClXCiI4XevpnUYIQfF9t8dtKhcK4TrThvnU4CRnupsitfBeW1bjuCpEDJY-3zIrnlBlPBfUvur25ntuzA628BntiABJcC2Op55iit8cAbDc9hz6W_4esZD-8vvNHG2_qa1xsA=w1379-h776-no

The whole family was there!

We looked around, but what everyone appreciated the most, was the air conditioning. The walk from the park's entrance to Africa had us winded, and we realized that we were very overdressed for the humidity. In appreciation, we had to stop and thank the guy who owned the joint:

tcjkJEg5dWW6IfIgHvOsi7zDCZLcftM1t62KMxYeeComsCktfDCtd4RxV16b8dJZYIsfuU2loRw6AAI1wf7fn-MbVMDTeVLeZOi188MhUwbCuSfsByfdZcDEpeK4OUS0uUE3MHNOPGokVVrQYhNBusn6TyIWnevjXqGk8FeBPORVoBaw3cwjGK5UXH1blgxtAmi-7CWZU0Xg8ZBEQzuH7vHPbUdNJZNHk-F86Xdx4ge33rRyuYwarIzyt0dfmA9or_LKtCIVUXOKo0QxSfXPrhNZvU3t-A7OeAGpk3gIryqSqIK6m6qHQdA1EgIXAo8e6KpqOemhuLqI3rBh3Os0xkcBgnqHKSE_KbWkjVrokeONQyxTvMGdxnW5BxBwXt3tpU4-uyxAoMp4QXMe2RrDezsqbOp8nROODRKDZUgosfhJCE-7YPb0QcomDiemjJLjZa0OMWqjwHL2pKK1zt1dXBrZ0dwzPkXoLuLC3ZhwdYcvP6Cnnz87_LP4EJPZCA9IZmoyMzIZL6BgcdOfhNDD5SeHRpSy6KGnBg8UH6am5IqCKuOmOnY_Pke8nJ84up-j5gCpHIX3bPAslqwV4ktrMZhUyLSXcmKjrNChOba_PUDgVigY-0Hiz9djwHuOcFl_JAd7VWePNirOtwuhV7xbTRIPmSZsUHLezTR1gMPtDxIxqR2q0ZTmEefAXYl9uWAvIkXtfVSsi13JTdj5dw=w1572-h885-no

We also learned the secret to the perfect squashed bananas...

We still had another hour, and started heading toward the direction of our first Fastpass's location. We made another impulse decision on our way there because we did have the time... we went to check out:

qtuILafuW7yFqaXyVheRMh-c5dNGIKOXXQugTIJAtIrLLTPt8D7kHw0lfC0yzsKiLecyLwJ3leIwtrwOLS2qTcdLBcS2qNuVAm4l7n9JkwgtTr3fKNBYA5xMqOxBTLVSKCiCs7Vy2J6jvhreBoLHSR6B-7VZGbpw6HKkI-G9fyrxcwRNiEPNRoY003bBWzKMeW7860tDafW43IV_pOR-qDWUqpySQL3Z_hT1e39XQUsCOv9PoBgn5OVfarPmGmQufDmkWLZlGxKpAPOyJcmSTE_G-l0TBn4638j-rNuQZEEOzMaam4GY_6Axat-PPimPz3nHErbtZ60frurNjqGm0B5lZk3EQzzskVxxx8FBwlaHdhf2k9QzxBy_mb3dPBMOKexw_M7OP6qgJZGKUf8rpHpTOU7X1cQk8uKnBSJL629HJYLL9TY5CgTbdCHk1kA_736yzlu-XNug-x_wiKO9IpBZ8pM1ZMePn6b1OaqsyEp1ALnomOCoRuB5CqAnFmzrwYJHhpTB1NoaM5y70x6t0F7LLJNEF5bfeQjXpgDckCXBIctHbzLb-x6umRMT7ynZXaZd0OYvopBotkZXXdcEyc3su8xlnpgcdjgjO7rry9opfb0oKrBEOWIcba3rj4vCN2Jd9eFAJ2WpR8ckdtFJLElIqS7zFOAIvBAR4zq9wDysuTUIUA-oe_7raxIJuYtsBtOZj-YbdcuZf-P06w=w1572-h884-no

The show was great, and the air-conditioning was a welcomed bonus. Lucky for us, because it apparently was pouring while we were watching the show. It stopped about two minutes after we got out of the theater and cast members said we just missed out on "the fun".

So, so far we had: checked into the hotel, a great breakfast, two attractions done, dodged some rain, a few photos taken, a lack of sleep, and more humidity than anyone could have asked for. With all that said...

giphy.gif

Yeah, our heads were held up high and the group fought through it all. Our heads were held so high, that we might as well go for a flight. That's right! ...our first Fastpass was for Flight of Passage! I was lucky enough to find Fastpass availability for FoP about two weeks before the trip for our giant group of 9. There were posts both here on the DIS, as well as the TouringPlans chat. So we snatched it up!

For 7 of us, including myself, it was our first time to Pandora and all of us were blown away by Pandora and all it's beauty. Knowing that the wait time was over two hours, and us having Fastpass, really felt like we were doing Walt Disney World right. There was a slight hiccup that involved us going from one pre-show area of the attraction, to another because of technical issues with our banshees, but once we took off it was like we had no worry in the world. The immersion of this attraction is beyond words and is definitely a must-do for any Animal Kingdom visitor.

Of course we had to stop by the little shop after Flight of Passage. One thing lead to another, and then this happened:

Ebug2VL3NVG_LqI30VVVYVFIH5PbW5cgV0VgdDgx8EQibir2CbY1dvrGXeWYVbt5Ql6jErkwZN4QQaD3fiRRpQqlWvr3Rz810g34w6c2EnIUVWlgr-nK2AJ1zeQb9_JEb5luqyi9X_bwXc3mnXfV4BeVz5N9NQdRfisdWiLqPQ_DtlAjfonoKsYA1Ign9baskcQB_e24XeU002gmB74toqglUUfIvLSo2_BawiurefGA9OQMMy5jseTfeFa4Uf1Kn_lxNHThmo7-_IaPSIZVOP1MBncRqOnGQH15v7rwyT8xTa787tMAwBrkMqPFwTXawvwDTtAcc6Bel3TnrAFiWw3Xz8I5rxaMp05lwo9hyowW-_qtBNIwROxTXBSSRBRjwuVox2ED7w6v6WKf-lsU0pr89tysPhh_ZUPyW-2HGWDTI5tlYYkwer2L0S-qU4ZkNq0vzHSDp_ZKCuVhwDT3cdn6xFkfiMXocxBmKzNT-F4sPTDjPL1NSkftj3rh-J7lrpTnuin42Ry4QXd8TK8G8-P3CaetnBB3Lq7aE47VHx0DdAjo5yL6Cx1u4HS93t8sNHkLUkdNdKjmuUd4yyi8Te7A0d714q7m3zoP82oGyrw6qJYzWL-B6P4sHai5UbFJ9Vu2Xr9err89Vt6t_SeP5cw1T764FUXpo3Uhzn5cnetVnpgpIF44_-djPB6erl7HYXhTmET11uXcWJ7JwQ=w590-h884-no

My brother decided to take home a Banshee with him...

My bro had mentioned that he wanted to take one home from the rookery before the trip. He decided to go all out and get the special one-year anniversary banshee(I'm pretty sure that it was the same one as the one on the cast member's shoulder) that came with a perch. He was a proud new father.

Shortly after that, we were feeling a bit parched. we decided to get nine Night Blossoms from Pongu Pongu, a short little walk from the banshee rookery. This was also our first opportunity to use the Disney Dining Plan snack credits. (I forgot to mention that we were on the plan in the 'Ohana post!) With 9 people, staying for a week, we had 108 snack credits!!!

giphy.gif

There was something beautiful about seeing nine of these lined up next to each other:

xwr1VtDXj8MAP2Ne_tWQwpHIN8caB1QyLxVu4kesZqF1_ig5_AE2OEIe6LMYfKv0XvNLeRC-TtqwI7O5GcC6fcZ0OV0Rj22uHiTyI8SPfbTN-4YEK8tByhq_stRp2KlzyiGjM71lw7tGeg7IQPTjTrECBSYsfwSYMdx1j_nzqYiH88zGVx1sBbW3WySrCJmzR5cvA8961P-EHC4PvSk29tmQto-4RHmf1KYZwxMdVTcGSHbRfNsoz-XTh9TgC56IzsdAAo8OAe3abH7o4utXWCbqsK-8N0TMfJwe6y3vLih06q9Gfq8pR7qJSpl4CM3CyyhsVmAvAYWUojomTDCd33h4_W-STImQqpUs_donlN0wOG_DN8Zfhzon-PbKtspnwPoIRMSnMy7uSfbxi9QMQ6z0oFpEpP3S2MgCXGRRPSguM8ZUZgijeFbwpZic7K8zpSxPqG70967D-Mz2JoFBVKKj5ZJF_a3s11yUtmeIn7NaGGQe_PIeWwEN6NI8nq3kRXGLHV1-Lm9a3B5_amgUbeqZcOhwJt6YLKbV7UG4aQlVBYInYBVgAX009lir--M7OC9UtrPkBVzFzn0ZWWEfWSHBRfsw4VrZ6cM55693g3pL_1AewJ8RlR1GnygaBZ4H1fTTOe4GBuvQZosKIx2v79MIee_pv0S08cF3-net0MzKiSLjbAB0nHtfYlaQNcPahYvJ_SikFoiJnMPABQ=w1572-h884-no

There's only 3 7/8 Night Blossoms shown, because 5 of us couldn't wait...

After our little break we made it to our next Fastpass, Kilimanjaro Safaris.

XKfiK2DUq_yuYvJbvaRKNmcyokoRTXY2Izq8ffyYpr6zrg2xU8I5_Mm3auYMg-4rFYPd25V--Ax6qyF4r4Lj_vqIRFuJKeb6khXWbdyEwu_AchZYWqnyKij8_SIz6Rk7mhWwn2LttQrb4DlF17ysUqw6FdnQYqvKdgu8vABp0TQ5vTPShh-K7MVa_-UESjZ4xfIXM7UpfZa6gChmWv85J8Ws7HmxTNr_ewNa1sfO10jco6gdaRZvjwWS3mA80oyeAa4ViZZh0xNczgAQUAU2oCSZcp1iN8twTt9yuD6fB_q5dKlR2rBmUU8Ubwbn8ndXLUBC223zj6V4QMsJXQgtSoeAw2WncNvpSSZAfQp1tgE3xv2MX47liIafKYWNO0k5XZU6sE7Z94f1ZdOjrour7sBFqiDg31-jNX6hb7Vi5-h9ZL8eqf5cUz0N1UG1DrNI-x2pM6AMgNiq2S4P0lmxAkIWXr7Kj_RJQARz-z5mwk_bzbIg19EeJ7Awy5U8KuBRn6iapImU1JKC8L3TdRgMDv-R75MBVLkhttMlenc0oAUlh7HtXvyqV5mLOS3u3ZHw9jvz0aYOsbNJz5oSB9as2kwpQLEfNiNC31XfUMKjPmIukmAbHMyaQZpnT_lu4-0gXWiFQJjBfIb9Hpfp7EDxKV49NiHVC5f2dvTYWpOinUm4r_KNPD8Peym_an-F947wjogeUXVSFKzAZrVYhQ=w1572-h884-no

A random photo from our safari, taken by my cousin. I promise the photos get better as this trip goes on, we were EXHAUSTED.

We were so exhausted, if you actually saw us on the safari you would see the only the 9 of us rocking side to side with every bump the vehicle hit. It was very difficult to stay upright.

The next Fastpass, and last attraction for the day, was Kali River Rapids. I decided to sit this one out so that I could babysit the banshee and didn't want it to get wet. I found a nice spot closer to the UP! A Great Bird Adventure arena to make base camp while everyone got drenched.

giphy.gif

By about 5pm, we were on our way back to our resort via bus. A nice nap was had by all on the bus. We almost lost a few of the cousins because they almost stepped off the bus at the Wilderness Lodge (none of us knew that it shared the bus with the Contemporary, fun fact). Also, it was pouring rain while we were on the bus. The amount of water on the windows obstructed what was outside.

giphy.gif

Before we knew it, we were "home"! It was still raining when we got to the Contemporary. We decided to walk through the atrium building, and cross the connecting bridge to Bay Lake Tower. The wind accompanying the rain was so strong when we crossed the bridge, it was hitting us sideways. When we got to the elevator, we met a nice Mousekeeper and her cart. She was so nice and said "You all look wet, here are some towels. I hope they can get you a little drier."

giphy.gif

Well, we were in the lobby. Since we checked in early at 7am, we had not received any news about our 2-bedroom villa being ready. So we checked with the front desk at Bay Lake Tower. Apparently we were told our room was ready at 3pm, and we could have come back sooner if we wanted. At this point, we were too tired to let that fact bother us. We were just glad to know that it was ready when we arrived drenched.

We had a "Bay Lake View" room booked, but had made a room request via Touring Plans. Our request was met! Our villa was technically an accessible space, but you wouldn't know if you weren't told. I think this helped in getting the room request accommodated. We were in Room 8112, on the 11th floor. It may have been a Bay Lake View room, but it actually had a more-than-partial view of this...

mIizYt6zIYicCJbHS_nkZX4RJypBmL8snGvaDD8r6qoQ2V5EXqFxVVnIdl4-Vm_QtDld3HlBi_VJlS3gPA93ccbVCoAskTBjnMxw7ic8ZQb9Iaiy587C-nw7Mwd9H-GvPvexZHMk0rJjQ3qwGVhbJleQWgTazMb-dqj9-GYUgVhE7g26maC3E2Cm7vrHU1UD6XLTq7Pexv11gxqK-VNzJf5R4XYItKVGNyMCqaW5DJ_qtAmlZEDm3c0LY7G4x5DHEz8HrqQExR4mzhQVHBl1QqvfOySMq0ax8lYg4jGzVmuyqgXm71w0_AulIsnHLCdFLOOj2eckErHpTr5Nr9ylrtS8Ua7VW48QAUa2Z-ZFQSwcqPYqD8fy91t68NyACVjxQLY0OQLN-i7-YoGpbZaYP1L5Vpr_2VR_6yV1hqMaXJ_7_W9NSIBzFZ5hmYU4l3wospXEeOWXrOUawP1M1RBzcnWlLz2UIz-vIHS0hg1zHaZoBBnlN6j2-96WZ7sOawrm-Lj-29bz_qrlrXnZP9pZChkvJ3XM9WXTyV-NIyL7nFD9FitqrxO2RpGBA8pwAv0qU8oGkmiEW6vU7CPliXjv3wbY2Jj4Ybkfy04YYEMJZQ1VHU4yQ14Qk4aj3aZbToZzPbrROqnvHGjGXj-KMJS8nkb0ydNVUia4BE0OcultVKXBHMq_OWI51yGk3VG3sX4x9ssg_rCbGorBZiMjtg=w1818-h884-no

With all that rain on our way in, it cleared up for this photo to be taken when we arrived!

The view was amazing, and it was nice to know that we could wake up with it being the first thing we wake up to, and the last thing we see before heading to bed at night. We'll have some pictures of the villa scattered throughout the trip report, but it was plenty of room for the 9 of us.

We were in the room, but our bags were still with bell services, and we needed to have our Magical Express bags delivered as well. Luckily, bell services had all of the previously-checked bags, PLUS the Magical Express bags and they sent them up. We had roughly 25 pieces brought up for the nine of us on two bell services carts, but they made it. It came up quickly in less than 15 minutes.

We definitely used as much of the room's features as we could. Having a laundry machine and full-size fridge was a life saver. Leftover snacks and drinks were kept in the fridge, and we were the freshest after a long day in the parks. A living room and dining area was great for a communal meeting space.
Once we got situated and slightly unpacked, we all took showers and power napped. Even though we were in our villa, I had a surprise to reveal to the cousins for something we were doing that night!

What was the surprise? Hang tight... you'll find out in the next post!

Can't wait to see pictures of the villa! I have dreams of doing one with my family at some point and I think one of these villas would be so cool to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter