SITE MAPS in GoogleEarth

Shan-Man, do you need videos of anything specifically? I am going down on next week and just got a new video camera, so I'd be happy to do some filming for you. Let me know if I can help out.

Shan, I'll see what I can do. Is it the boats launching to go to MK and the Contemporary that you want? If so, is there a certain location you would like for me to get the launch from?

I finally just had a chance to check this out and it is amazing! Thanks for all the work that must have gone into this.

Great Work Shan-Man! Its fun to scroll around and pretend we are there. Also - what is the building on Discovery Island that is all overgrown? It really surprises me Disney just abandons places like River Country and doesn't make more of an effort at demolition - seems like a potential liability issue?

Thanks Shan-Man! :thumbsup2 I had a chance to look at this today and it was great to be able to visualize where everything was and decide what loop I wanted to request. Good job!

This resource is no longer available here, sorry.

Maybe you can help me. Every time I try to run Google Earth, my computer freezes. It's not just with the campsites, it's any Google Earth map.

Hey Shan,

I got some videos of the boat landing and the sing-along like you requested (I've had them for months but just now got around to separating them from the lot of trip videos). How do you want me to get them to you?

Bob

Excellent! Thanks so much. I think the easiest way would be to just upload them to YouTube and then I can link to them there. That's what I did with the loop tour videos.

Thanks again,
Shanta

Shan,

I may try instead to upload them to Photobucket or something, and then provide you a link. I would prefer to give you an opportunity to make sure its what you want before they are put on public display. Let me know if this won't work for you.

Bob

Well Shan, I spent some time last night trying to upload the videos to youtube but didn't have any luck. I am thinking that the files may be too large. They are in HD and are not short videos. When I tried to upload multiple files I kept getting an error, then when I tried to do one at a time it uploaded so slowly that I finally had to give up. I will try again, but I just wanted to let you know that Ia m trying to get them to you.

Well, I just got back on the boards this week, due to a last minute trip to WDW that we are planning, and I saw this post. This is a very cool idea! :cool1:

This project is right up my alley and I only wish I would have been able to contribute to it before. I love taking my GPSr with me on my hikes and trips so that I can track where I've been and import it into programs like Google Earth. It's always fun to look at where you've been. :)

It looks like you have everything you need already but I will be at Fort Wilderness the first week of August. So if there is anything I can do while I am there to add to this project, let me know. :)

That's interesting stuff. I always liked seeing the google earth maps.

I'm having a little trouble downloading the FW attachments. I downloaded GoogleEarth just fine, but nothing happens when I click "download" on the attachments. Do you think it's because I have a mac? :confused3

This resource is no longer available here, sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!