Sister Wives

It's almost unbearable to go back and look at some of these conversations.

Kody thought the life of every member of that family should revolve around him. He thought those kids should give up having any sort of an outside life during Covid so he could pop in once a week or whatever (probably not even that much).

At least Garrison (hopefully) got to see Janelle say she was choosing the kids (and the dogs) every time.

I'm all for giving grace during situations like this. But Kody was SO far over the line, I'm not sure I can.
Exactly. Kody did not cause this and nobody can force another person to get help. So nobody failed here in that regard but when you have children, and I only have 3, you know fairly soon on that they each are different and unique in their own ways. You cannot "handle" every human being the same way and you will never get every human being to react the same way.

At some point he HAD to have known that his child was depressed or prone to severe depression. You can never turn your back on depression and Kody turned his back on the entire human being! I hope he bears this burden and not Janelle. She did EVERYTHING to get Kody to understand. She did more than she should have had to with her neglectful spouse to try and get him to fix this and instead he dug himself an even deeper hole and stood proudly in it.

it will be interesting to see how kody publicly handles this. it's being reported that the show was/is still filming but there's a topic that was never mentioned on the show that i can't imagine won't come up-and i imagine robyn will NOT be happy about it. with the topic of garrison's suicide it would only be natural for there to be some wider discussion of suicide's pre-existing impact on family members. i don't know that david's (christine's husband) then estranged wife's suicide was ever mentioned on the show but i know for a fact that robyn's 22 year old brother taking his own life in 2017 was NEVER mentioned.

Getty

‘Sister Wives’ Cast Reportedly Continuing to Film TLC Show After Robert Garrison Brown’s Death​

sister wives cast continuing to film after garrisons deathGetty

‘Sister Wives’ Cast Reportedly Continuing to Film TLC Show After Robert Garrison Brown’s Death
NEWS
Mar 7, 2024 8:37 am·
By Alyssa Norwin

Sister Wives fans will get to see how the Brown family dealt with the unexpected death of Robert Garrison Brown, as TLC cameras continued filming amid the tragedy, according to a Wednesday, March 6, report from The Sun.

“The family is normally always filming, whether it’s [with] actual cameras or on their phones,” a source told The Sun. “As sad as it is, [Garrison’s] unexpected death came during the timeline of filming.” TLC has not responded to In Touch’s request for comment.

it will be interesting to see how kody publicly handles this. it's being reported that the show was/is still filming but there's a topic that was never mentioned on the show that i can't imagine won't come up-and i imagine robyn will NOT be happy about it. with the topic of garrison's suicide it would only be natural for there to be some wider discussion of suicide's pre-existing impact on family members. i don't know that david's (christine's husband) then estranged wife's suicide was ever mentioned on the show but i know for a fact that robyn's 22 year old brother taking his own life in 2017 was NEVER mentioned.

Getty

‘Sister Wives’ Cast Reportedly Continuing to Film TLC Show After Robert Garrison Brown’s Death​

sister wives cast continuing to film after garrisons deathGetty

‘Sister Wives’ Cast Reportedly Continuing to Film TLC Show After Robert Garrison Brown’s Death
NEWS
Mar 7, 2024 8:37 am·
By Alyssa Norwin

Sister Wives fans will get to see how the Brown family dealt with the unexpected death of Robert Garrison Brown, as TLC cameras continued filming amid the tragedy, according to a Wednesday, March 6, report from The Sun.

“The family is normally always filming, whether it’s [with] actual cameras or on their phones,” a source told The Sun. “As sad as it is, [Garrison’s] unexpected death came during the timeline of filming.” TLC has not responded to In Touch’s request for comment.
Wait. Seriously? "Continuing to film" as in, are filming NOW? What. the. hell.

ETA: I'm just going to hope this story is wrong.

Wait. Seriously? "Continuing to film" as in, are filming NOW? What. the. hell.

ETA: I'm just going to hope this story is wrong.

the texts garrison sent that caused concern for janelle were sent by garrison to/provided to janelle by-sister wives production staff. they have been filming as all of this has unfolded.

the texts garrison sent that caused concern for janelle were sent by garrison to/provided to janelle by-sister wives production staff. they have been filming as all of this has unfolded.
I've heard that. But are you saying crew was with Janelle filming as Janelle was made aware of those texts? Then as she started texting him back?

My issue too... Janelle had to call Gabe to check on him who was hours away while Garrison had his father, step mother and Sobyn's other adult kids there. But Janelle had to wait for Gabe to get there. That's sad that Garrison was THAT alone in Flagstaff.

I've heard that. But are you saying crew was with Janelle filming as Janelle was made aware of those texts? Then as she started texting him back?

it has not been reported how the texts were communicated to her-he sent them to a text chain she was'nt included in and someone on it clued janelle in.

Don't Gabe and Gwen all live in Flagstaff? I take it Janelle was out of town at the time.
I thought Gabe, Gwen and Garrison all lived together? However, the "news" reported that his "roommates" heard a pop sound the night before. In regard to Janelle sending Gabe, I sometimes do the same thing with my kids. Its easier for one kid to check on a sibling vs a parent checking on a child. I feel like when I "check" on my kid I get "everythings fine" but if a sibling checks on a sibling they can be a bit more open/honest

it has not been reported how the texts were communicated to her-he sent them to a text chain she was'nt included in and someone on it clued janelle in.
Yes, that's my understanding. I was more responding to the comment that they were actually filming as this unfolded. Maybe I read it wrong.
I thought Gabe, Gwen and Garrison all lived together? However, the "news" reported that his "roommates" heard a pop sound the night before. In regard to Janelle sending Gabe, I sometimes do the same thing with my kids. Its easier for one kid to check on a sibling vs a parent checking on a child. I feel like when I "check" on my kid I get "everythings fine" but if a sibling checks on a sibling they can be a bit more open/honest
They showed that in the show, but it's so far behind in filming it sounds like that changed and he was living with non-related roommates.

Does anyone have an understanding of just how far apart Gabe, Gwen, Janelle and Kody live from each other? And from Garrison's house?

My issue too... Janelle had to call Gabe to check on him who was hours away while Garrison had his father, step mother and Sobyn's other adult kids there. But Janelle had to wait for Gabe to get there. That's sad that Garrison was THAT alone in Flagstaff.
According to the reports, the roommates may have actually been home when he ended his life. They reported hearing a noise, but didn't associate it with a gunshot. They remained in the house but never checked on him in his room because nothing seemed amiss to them. :( Maybe Janelle didn't know they were there, or didn't have their contact information. I'd imagine she would have tried them first, if she had known.

I remember one episode the siblings discussing living together but then decided that it wouldn’t work out and thinking it was best not to have that much togetherness.

I remember one episode the siblings discussing living together but then decided that it wouldn’t work out and thinking it was best not to have that much togetherness.
This is how I remember it, too. They discussed the possibility of living together, but decided against it. I think Janelle even commented that it wouldn’t be the best choice for them.

This is how I remember it, too. They discussed the possibility of living together, but decided against it. I think Janelle even commented that it wouldn’t be the best choice for them.

Christine also mentioned she didn’t think it was a good idea. That politically Gwen was very different than the boys and she felt it could get ugly if they lived together.

Have they held the funeral yet? I certainly hope they can grieve together and not have social media tearing them down.

Have they held the funeral yet? I certainly hope they can grieve together and not have social media tearing them down.
I hope they have the funeral in peace without anyone else knowing it's happening. And I sure hope they are staying off of social media.

Honestly, that almost felt like a scripted segment to me, designed to get those kids on screen together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter