Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

I do so love the Splash MT photo for sure...excellent! So sorry I missed out on this trip for sure but so much fun reading about it.

As for your girls trip, just one comment...we LOVE the BJs Brewhouse chain actually...have two around here and even ate at one in California back in March with some of my cousins. If you are a beer drinker, it's a great place, but I am all about the PIZOOKIE. I have a long story (because all of my stories are long) about a "flying" pizookie experience from a few months ago, but it is not the same here without me being able to use my hands to tell the story to describe it in detail...bottom line was that my husband tried to be sneaky and take one of my mini pizookies after telling me he didn't want any of them...and proceeded instead to shoot it off the plate towards me where it bounced off my shirt and landed on floor getting some of my precious dessert on me and my friend next to me. The HORROR!

I have to say I wasn't fond of San Angel when we ate there MANY years ago and I've never been back...but I am wondering if it's worth another try.

First off... I got sooooooo far behind!!!! But never fear I am back and all caught up.

After our ride through Pandora, we were all hungry again. Since Pongu Pongu was right there, we decided to stop. I had the Lumpia. This was creamy, pineapple goodness and I ate every bite. This had been on my food list for a while, and I'm glad I was able to knock something else off...
My problem is alot of my must drinks are sweet and you can only have so many. Glad you liked it!

I bravely stuck my hand in it and had everyone listen. Yep, you could hear them!!!!! The Banshees were talking!!!!
I did not know this!?! I will have to show my Disney knowledge and remember that next time.

s of Tim, Julie, and Gia on Figment. That's why she's holding her nose. As a matter of fact, she held her nose from the moment they walked into the Imagination Pavillion until the skunk part was over. LOL!!!
She is a smart gal!

As for food, I ordered the nachos, NachosCorn Chips, 'Burnt Ends', Queso, Pico de Gallo, Sour Cream. Joe had the Trio Sliders, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket, Smoked Sausage. Both were delicious and we ended up ordering them again another night...
Yum! That sounds delish!

66927119-3318-494B-956F-91EAA00BF089.jpeg
And looks delish... Maybe it needs more cheese for me.

I leave in 3 days for my 50th birthday trip. 🥰
Man, I missed the whole trip.

To start, we are having dinner at Morimoto Wednesday night before we do a little shopping and drinking in DS
yum!

After dinner, Gia announced that she would like a cupcake. We all walked over to Sprinkles. I had a mini, vanilla sprinkle one.
What did Gia eat at Morimoto's? We are going with @kastoney in August. And I can't wait, but not sure what Gwen will eat as she is NOT adventurous.

So, nice that you got to see him on this trip!

This is exactly what Andy and I ordered when we were there by ourselves, although, it was just a regular frose.

Looks like typical sisterly sillyness.

We checked in and were seated right away at a table next to the water. The location couldn't have been more perfect. I ordered the avocado margarita. I absolutely love this and I think it's possibly my favorite drink in Epcot...For my meal, I decided on the fresh guacamole and the Queso Fundido, melted cheese with chorizo, poblano peppers, and onions, served with flour tortillas. Both of these were excellent and I would order them again in a heartbeat. The guac was fresh with just the right amount of spice, and the queso was warm, melty, cheesy goodness. I was very impressed with this meal and would totally return...FYI, I had a bad experience here a few years ago and vowed never to return. I'm glad I gave it another shot!!!
I think I am going to give this place a try. I think it would be fun to eat in there. And I am sooooo afraid to try the avacado margarita. I want to but I don't know...

This looks about the same as what they serve at the new margarita stand outside. Soooooo yummy! It has become a must do for me.

Sangria in a can for those of you who may be curious...My sister ended up pouring it in a glass so we could be fancy...

DCB9372D-9C5D-4B31-AF0C-86D1AEBD35DC.jpeg
EE1B4658-5769-4B3E-887A-C5159A1607BF.jpeg
Desprate times, call for desparte measures...

Look at that smile! You can tell he is loving every minute of it!

Can you all believe some of the people who were standing in line with Timmy had no idea who Robin Hood and Little John were??? The SHAME!!!! LOL!!! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Why would you get in line if you didn't know who it was, that is what I don't get.

I want that raincoat!!!! I love it!!!!

I have to say I wasn't fond of San Angel when we ate there MANY years ago and I've never been back...but I am wondering if it's worth another try.
I wasn't fond of it either, but this time it was really good.

First off... I got sooooooo far behind!!!! But never fear I am back and all caught up.
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

What did Gia eat at Morimoto's? We are going with @kastoney in August. And I can't wait, but not sure what Gwen will eat as she is NOT adventurous.
They actually brought her buttered noodles, but she was more focused on the cupcake she was going to get from Sprinkles after dinner...

And I am sooooo afraid to try the avacado margarita. I want to but I don't know...
Give it a try!!!!

I want that raincoat!!!! I love it!!!!
I also bought the matching umbrella...

Remind me again what your August dates are???? I will be there the 7th to 11th.

We had preordered our meal, so we were literally seated right away.
Love that about BOG. Feels so... both magical and VIP-ish.
Joe and I both ordered the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich, Poached eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, brie and Arugula on a toasted croissant served with Fresh Fruit.
Wow! That sounds good! I've only been there for lunch.
My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ride pic is all of us on Splash Mountain. I think the pic says it all...
::yes:: Great pic!
I'd say we liked it hadn't we been swarmed by those stupid, disgusting love bugs!!!!
:sad2: they were awful
But wait...Kari and I get our inner adult entertainment selves on first...WHAT?!?!
Oh... popcorn::
Nice group shot!
Love this!
:laughing: Perfect!

I wasn't fond of it either, but this time it was really good.

Remind me again what your August dates are???? I will be there the 7th to 11th.

Well it might be on our agenda for a 2020 visit...we'll see.

Oh and I didn't realize you were going back in August...too bad we'll miss you. I almost ended up moving up trip up a bit earlier (to August 10th) but now we still plan to arrive on August 17th. :(

What is it???? Everyone keeps mentioning it...

This has happened to us a couple times...

Oh my gosh...it's a pan cookie served warm with ice cream...there are several varieties as well as a trio where you can get 3 smaller versions. They are delicious.

And yes it seems whenever we plan trips we are bound to just miss each other every time.

What a perfect morning, though sad that Ariane may kill you for posting that photo :earboy2: Speaking of Ariane I'm still upset she didn't have her poncho on to. I'd brought the shower cap just so I could fit in with you ladies💦

What a perfect morning, though sad that Ariane may kill you for posting that photo :earboy2: Speaking of Ariane I'm still upset she didn't have her poncho on to. I'd brought the shower cap just so I could fit in with you ladies💦
That's a great photo!!!!! Wait until the next post when I show our VERY special monorail pics... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Real Life Update:

Joe, Ash and I went to the White Sox game Saturday night. They played the Yankees and got their butts kicked. Ash took selfies with a couple of players, Charlie Tilson and Yolmer Sanchez. The start of the game was delayed due to rain...Notice the rain slicker I'm wearing (I also bought the matching umbrella, but it was too big to fit in my suitcase, so Julie is bringing it when she drives up this weekend)...But, we had a lot of fun, ate a lot of food and thank goodness for Guinness, of which we had a few!!!!

View attachment 409757View attachment 409758View attachment 409759View attachment 409760View attachment 409761View attachment 409762View attachment 409763
You made the Fan-Vision screen twice! Way to go!

Wow it has been so long since I've been on this TR that I had to start at the beginning. Not gonna quote 21 pgs.
So happy for Timmy and his second CP.
Gia is getting so big.
Happy belated 50th....looks like it was a blast with lot's of good drinks and food...well other than the fancy canned sangria.
I'm so jealous you got to party with so many of the folks I can't wait to meet. Loved your SP mountain pic, well most all of your pics really.
Please tell your mom she's pretty, her eyes seem to light up when she smiles. I can see the resemblance. Uhm that kinda sounds creepy disregard.
Nice to finally know what the FB post about you wanting to stick your hand in holes was all about.
ENTERTAINMENT-michael-jordan-gets-pulled-down-golf-hole.gif

.Notice the rain slicker I'm wearing (I also bought the matching umbrella, but it was too big to fit in my suitcase, so Julie is bringing it when she drives up this weekend)
I NEED that rain jacket!!
We had preordered our meal, so we were literally seated right away. Joe and I both ordered the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich, Poached eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, brie and Arugula on a toasted croissant served with Fresh Fruit. Joe had a cup of coffee with his and I had a cup of tea with mine. We both enjoyed our meal and agreed we would definitely come back for breakfast (dinner is still iffy at this point)...We had never been to BOG for breakfast, and I'm happy to say it's my favorite meal at this particular restaurant, with lunch a very close second...
It looks great!
Next, came Haunted Mansion, with Splash Mountain in the 3rd spot...My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ride pic is all of us on Splash Mountain. I think the pic says it all...We also took a leisurely ride on the Liberty Bell. This was a first for me and Joe. I'd say we liked it hadn't we been swarmed by those stupid, disgusting love bugs!!!! They were really bad this year!
Sounds like a great morning except for the horrible bugs......
THIS IS THE BEST PIC EVER!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
@kastoney with the shower cap is everything! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm so jealous you got to party with so many of the folks I can't wait to meet. Loved your SP mountain pic, well most all of your pics really.
They are such a great group of people!!!! We had so much fun!

Nice to finally know what the FB post about you wanting to stick your hand in holes was all about.
I did hear about that. :rotfl2: I can't do FB. I think it's too involved. Twitter is much better for me.

I NEED that rain jacket!!
I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@kastoney with the shower cap is everything! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
It was priceless!!!! Wait until you see the next pics of me and Kari...:love:

Pole dancing, Sister Wives and LOTS of Booze!!!!

Kari, Joe and I grabbed Starbucks and made the walk to the monorail. As luck would have it, we had our own monorail car. Are they cars? Is that what you call them??? Anyway, since we had our own car, Kari and I decided to get our inner pole dancer selves on...There are really no words, as the pictures speak for themselves...Hey, we had a good time!!! No judgment!!!! The scary thing is that we hadn't even started drinking yet...I think this is where @kastoney and I became Sister Wives... @ariane37 was also a sister wife but once Steve popped into town, we had to let her go... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We finally arrived at Epcot after giving Joe a few laughs and headed for The Odessey where everyone else had gathered (the rain had started to come in and this seemed to be the best place to take shelter, start drinking and wait out the rain). Joe and I started with food and drinks at the Arbor. We shared the fried green tomatoes, smoked salmon stack, the cider flight and a Caribe Strawberry Rose Hard Cider. This late in the game I just remember everything tasting very good.

After the rain came to a halt, we made it over to La Isla Fresca and devoured the Sugar Cane Shrimp Screwer (otherwise known as Steve's Shrimp)...We made many other stops and partook in many other beverages, but I have no idea what they were at this point...I do remember drinking a lot of cider and prosecco...

Some of the gals stopped to watch the concert, while others hung in the America Pavilion and had a few more drinks. I really enjoyed talking to @pepperandchips and her hubby R during this time...I hadn't seen them since October and it was nice catching up.:love2:

At some point this afternoon, Joe and I ran into Tim and Jen Tracker (YouTube sensations) and took a selfie with them, which was really neat and unexpected. The funny thing is that we had just joked 5 minutes beforehand that it would be really cool if we ran into them this day...As luck would have it...:jumping3: They were super sweet and we were able to congratulate them on their pregnancy, which they had just announced the day before...

Ariane became our leader sometime that afternoon and led us in a parade through some of the pavilions on our way to find more food and drinks...I really like her makeshift flag. It reminds me of something, but I can't seem to put my finger on it...

It was now time to head to the Yacht Club...We had a very important activity planned. But, would it happen????

3CDEE00B-B3ED-40F0-9B6D-2CF961641114.jpeg576E6B5C-45ED-4FC9-8719-C0813BAFE4C4.jpeg53524BC0-C48E-407C-B255-11384C26732C.jpeg6C197AC1-0B3D-44D2-83B4-3C9E92E008B9.jpeg1A5DF100-D2A8-4BE0-9CA8-BA8089E70C33.jpegD703E98B-3587-42C4-8AD8-F07608D131B7.jpegF1764BFF-43BF-420F-B61B-619C2E528685.jpegBBF48787-29E7-4947-BD9C-38879424FDE7.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter