Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

We walked on, which was awesome in itself (I think the wait was close to 3 hours), and before I knew it, we were being loaded into our ride vehicles. I was a sweaty mess...I forced myself to keep my eyes open and I warned Joe and @buzzrelly that I might throw up. I also told @buzzrelly that I would lean towards Joe if I felt myself getting sick. LOL!!!
So that's what everyone was laughing about! I was in the first room and as we sat down, we could just hear laughter from the second room!

So that's what everyone was laughing about! I was in the first room and as we sat down, we could just hear laughter from the second room!

Maybe.:D I was such a hot, sweaty mess. I was super nervous about riding FOP, but I'm so happy I did it. It is such a phenomenal ride.

Ditto!!! I just had school bread for the first time this trip!!! I think I was the only one on the DIS who hadn't had it yet...
Ok I'm caught up :thumbsup2 and while nothing was really a surprise I didn't know you finally tried the school bread!!!! What did you think???

Awesome on your 2 CR stays! I'm really looking forward to staying there in July :goodvibes

I'm sure Joe had a "hole" lotta fun down there dropping Timmy off :banana:

Yay, joining in! It was so great to meet you!

I turn 50 this year (

I would never believe it!

We started at Blaze Pizza.

So good, one of my fav pizza places ever! Your progressive dining plan is super fun, and a great way to try a ton of stuff.

I had the Dole Whip Moscato.

This was better than a regular Dole Whip in my humble opinion

Funny tidbit: I had never ridden the new Soarin' before so that was a first for me and let me tell you...The part where the eagle (I think it was an eagle) flies in front of you scared the crap out of me and I may have yelled something inappropriate.

I've ridden new Soarin' and that part still got me! Expletives very warranted

Michael Shannon and waving to me to come over.

That was too cool!

eeb6afd9-8cac-4872-863e-cd0cb0fa3a81-jpeg.401277

Awww, love this

I was scared out of my mind, but I knew it was something I had to do.

Your reactions on the ride were amazing! Really glad you enjoyed it and didn't up vomiting on Joe hahaha

and an extremely warm thank you to our fairy Godmother for the best pixie dust one could ever receive. It was awesome spending time with you and it was truly a magical experience!!!!

Seriously the most generous and kind person! It was the most lovely day!

What a cool meet, love his crown!

I didn't know you finally tried the school bread!!!! What did you think???

Monday, we ended up at Epcot and I told Joe it was on my list of new things to try, so we FINALLY had it and LOVED it!!!!!

Awesome on your 2 CR stays! I'm really looking forward to staying there in July :goodvibes

You will LOVE it and the convenience of walking to MK!!

I'm sure Joe had a "hole" lotta fun down there dropping Timmy off :banana:

HAHAHA!!! I can't wait to write about that!!!!

Yay, joining in! It was so great to meet you!

:welcome:

It was lovely meeting you too! What an awesome trip!

I would never believe it!

Oh, believe it!!!:D

This was better than a regular Dole Whip in my humble opinion

I couldn't agree more!

Awww, love this

Thank you. SDD was sooooo much fun!

Your reactions on the ride were amazing! Really glad you enjoyed it and didn't up vomiting on Joe hahaha

Joe was glad too. Hee! Hee!

The VIP tour definitely seems fun! I can't wait to do one someday! I love how they give you snacks at DHS and MK!

WOW! Thats exciting that you switched to CR for your August trip too! Will definitely be nice for your Villains after hours to just walk back! And I mean, just the whole resort in general is amazing! What a fun place to stay with your boys!

WOW! Thats exciting that you switched to CR for your August trip too! Will definitely be nice for your Villains after hours to just walk back! And I mean, just the whole resort in general is amazing! What a fun place to stay with your boys!

I know! I am super excited!!!! I just figured the boys deserved to stay at a really cool resort and they have never stayed at the Contemporary, so it was a done deal!!!:flower1:

Timmy DCP Update:

Tim and Joe arrived in St Pete Saturday evening and spent the day with family on Sunday. Monday morning, they were up early and made the 75-minute drive to Orlando. Joe and Tim stopped at Panera for breakfast and then it was time for Joe to help Tim move into his apartment. Tim had to attend meetings the rest of the afternoon, so Joe spent some time in DAK before his late afternoon flight home (I will document that a little later).:D

The kid is already having a blast. He spent time in DS yesterday afternoon and today he attended a movie in his complex and some very special characters dropped by to say hello...

486DA206-4677-4B61-BB3D-B1A25454DB36.jpeg
15 minute flight delay...
39BC4A7D-1D2C-429D-95C8-8EF244EA75D2.jpeg
On the plane...
AC685A89-3CA2-4974-95A8-681955093ACB.jpeg

1A834337-2C8F-4A0A-99B7-3594407B6EEA.jpeg D9A9BCB3-F7EA-4739-8E9E-1BE0F3FDD3D5.jpeg
Tim's apartment for the next 12 weeks...

AD2DFC0E-C62E-4CF6-B54F-2B008F3F60D9.jpeg BAB9624E-D0BB-4DE7-BD48-A5C3D635266E.jpeg EE3F4110-EF3C-480A-8FBA-1B7AB803499A.jpeg 311AB0F7-73D3-409C-9AE2-A56E4B200DB4.jpeg

Attachments

• E1872F44-CAE0-4777-84AA-05D6D6E08C13.jpeg
    E1872F44-CAE0-4777-84AA-05D6D6E08C13.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Oh my gosh Timmy looks so much like you! He has you huge smile in pictures!!

He looks so happy to be spending his summer at WDW.

Gia is so cute talking on her phone:rotfl:

Storybook Dining:

We finally made it back to the WL, found our room, called for our bags, and decided to shower and freshen up for the evening ahead....Not only were we scheduled to have dinner at Storybook Dining/Artist Point, but we were going to our first DAH event at the Magic Kingdom. And, we had some special chicks joining us!!!:love: But, more on that a little later...

When we arrived at Storybook Dining, we were given what was soon to be discovered as the WORST table in the restaurant. Yep, we were seated right in front of the kitchen...I should have asked to be moved, but I didn't...So, it's my fault for not speaking up and asking...I also wanted to say hi to a few friends @chunkymonkey her sister, Chunkyqueen, and Karilynn, so that may have distracted me a little...:P They had a reservation right before us.

So, after saying hello, it was time to look at the menu and order drinks. I had the Enchanted Apple, Skyy citrus vodka, DeKupyer pucker sour apple, and white cranberry juice. Joe ordered The Smoking Mirror Johnnie Walker Black, wildberry, lime, rosemary smoke. We both enjoyed our drinks but found the drinks to be on the smaller side...Next, came our appetizers. You are given a lazy susan shaped like a tree with: Wicked Shrimp Cocktail, soy, miso, avocado, Thai chili, greens, Artist's Point signature mushroom soup, which we have always enjoyed immensely. (yep, they went away with the Winter Squash Bisque, caramel lollipop, granola) and a few slices of chicken sausage with grainy mustard and preserve to spread on it. We weren't given the Hunter's Pie, chicken, black truffle, stone fruit preserve either. I was disappointed that the menu has changed already, and the restaurant has only been open as the new Storybook Dining for 6 months or so...For our entrees, Joe had the A Stroll Through Nature, butternut squash, arugula, gnocchi, sage, parmesan. This was rich, cheesy, pillows of greatness, and we both liked it a lot. I ordered the Brother's Grimm Roasted Chicken, Herb-crusted Potatoes, Fire-roasted Petite Squash, Golden Raisins, Snap Peas. This was amazing and I ate every bite. For dessert, we were given:

Miner's Treasures, sponge cake, chocolate gems, and buttercream icing
Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie, meringue, gooseberry

"Poison" Apple, dark chocolate-apple mousse, sour center

We enjoyed all the desserts, but Joe and I both agreed that the "poison" apple was the best. After our table was cleaned, we were given The Hunter's Gift to the Queen, crackled maple popcorn, ganache heart. This was the perfect way to end the meal.

While we ate our lovely meal, Snow White, Grumpy and Dopey stopped by to say hello and snap a few photos. We had to go up to the Evil Queen and ask permission for pictures, as she was very intimidating. Hee! Hee!

Overall, the food was very good. The characters were amazing. But, the service was something left to be desired. Our waiter was extremely slow, and we had to ask him for water refills and to bring us our dessert as it was taking forever to receive that last part of our meal. We also waited forever to pay our tab. Would I do it again??? Yes, but only if I was bringing my kids, or Gia...
88779DD4-D294-4649-BEE8-8C34EA474617.jpeg ADD47C52-FBA2-47E2-993D-F913BEBEE71F.jpeg F691B686-407F-47B7-A528-24C2245B9202.jpeg 31C7D100-C009-437D-8D6E-510A68B2FD57.jpeg 694530C5-D6D5-4FCE-80D5-B545A0AB43C8.jpeg 47057BEE-8A89-4678-9274-B23D5600B7E9.jpeg 555C66DA-19A8-4F15-AEF0-EF9DF70F4A65.jpeg E75BC38B-6C98-4D25-994C-EE43DC5E3189.jpeg
Next up...more pics of our Storybook Dining Adventure...

Last edited:
That stinks that you were put right next to the kitchen!!

I'm surprised they already changed the menu too. I think they just received far too many complaints about removing the soup, which makes sense since it does really fit in with the forest theme...I wonder if they'll bring the squash soup back for winter? Or if its gone for good!

They took a while to bring out our desserts I believe too. But we weren't in a rush to get anywhere so I think we cared a lot less about the delay. I could see how you would be counting the minutes when you have an AHs to get to!

At least you got to do it finally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!