Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

Your VIP tour looked amazing! What an awesome experience! That is certainly a mountain of pixie dust and I'm thrilled that you all had such a great time.

I'm still bitter than they ruined Artist Point with a character dinner (I LOVED Artist Point!), but your review that notes that they brought back the Portobello Mushroom soup gives me pause on my resolve to not return. I know the soup is available in the Territory Lounge but it's not the same as having it in the restaurant! Your food pictures actually look quite good and the character meets would be fun. Perhaps I'll have to get over it and actually think about returning! :laughing:

Well I finally made it over to read your report so far...sounds fabulous!

You know I can't wait to hear all about Timmy's new experiences as my daughter definitely plans to do this when she's old enough. She doesn't even graduate HS for another two years though, but I know she'll follow through on this and hopefully succeed! She already knows I'll come visit her if she gets into the program. What? :)

Glad your sister added some Disney time to your birthday trip. Sounds like you'll have a great time. So many fun trips coming up. I shall live vicariously through you and many other DIS people here. While I will miss WDW this year, it's already on my radar for 2020 for sure.

:welcome:
I know the soup is available in the Territory Lounge but it's not the same as having it in the restaurant!

We actually sat in the lounge a couple of nights and had the soup and it was excellent, just as good as when you could order it at Artist Point.:D

Perhaps I'll have to get over it and actually think about returning! :laughing:

Give it a shot!!!! It was a lot of fun and our entrees were very good.

:welcome:

Well I finally made it over to read your report so far...sounds fabulous!

You know I can't wait to hear all about Timmy's new experiences as my daughter definitely plans to do this when she's old enough. She doesn't even graduate HS for another two years though, but I know she'll follow through on this and hopefully succeed! She already knows I'll come visit her if she gets into the program. What? :)

Glad your sister added some Disney time to your birthday trip. Sounds like you'll have a great time. So many fun trips coming up. I shall live vicariously through you and many other DIS people here. While I will miss WDW this year, it's already on my radar for 2020 for sure.

Dina!!!!! How are you?!?! Your daughter totally needs to apply. She always seems so upbeat and happy!
I am so excited to go back (1n 13 days). We are also adding a MK day!!!!!:flower1:

What a good DIS husband!! Joe did great with his pictures!!!! My DH takes the worst selfies LOL He always ends up with multiple chins and no neck whatsoever!

Holes in Pandora LOL There are so many questionable looking things there. I'm glad I'm not the only one who see them!! HA!

So glad to hear that Timmy got down there safe and sound and is enjoying himself already. So hope we can meet him in August!

I had no idea they had changed the Artist Point menu already. It certainly seemed very ambitious at first, which made me think they wouldn't forget their signature roots. Glad to hear its still good, though some of the "missing" apps certainly sound good.

Love all of Joe's solo pics. Tell him his sister wife appreciates all the selfies :-)

Can't wait to hear about the next - aka the best - day of your trip when yours truly shows up :-)

Bummer that you had such a bad table at Artist Pointe! Your pictures are super cute though! I found the food enjoyable and satisfying but nothing that I will crave and actively seek out again, which is a bummer cause I had heard such great things about the original Artist Pointe.

So hope we can meet him in August!

We totally have to make that happen.

Love all of Joe's solo pics. Tell him his sister wife appreciates all the selfies :-)

I did and he said he aims to please!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the next - aka the best - day of your trip when yours truly shows up :-)

I swear I was thinking this.:D

I had heard such great things about the original Artist Pointe.

It used to be one of my fav WDW restaurants.

AUGUST UPDATE!!!

What was supposed to be a very low key trip (just to pick up Timmy and spend a little time in the parks), has turned a little less low key and a little more planned...So here goes our updated and ever-changing plans (for anyone who's interested)...:P

I haven't booked our airfare yet, but Matt and I will most likely arrive in the morning on August 7th. From there, we will Magical Express it to the Contemporary Resort (I haven't used ME in YEARS). Tim will Uber it to the CR. We will check in, store our bags if necessary and monorail it over to Epcot (we may grab lunch before we head out). I am not making any dining reservations this day, as we will most likely snack and drink our way around World Showcase...

Thursday, August 8th: We have nothing planned until our DAH Villians event at MK. I did book The Plaza this night for dinner. I figure we can have a good meal at a good price before the event begins and for dessert, we can eat all the popcorn and Mickey bars we want...During the day, we may swim or spend some time in DS. Heck, we may even do both!!!!

Friday, August 9th: We have a late breakfast at O'Hana booked. I have reservations for 5 but it may be just the 3 of us. Julie isn't sure what time she and Gia will arrive yet, as it depends on her work schedule...Then, I have surprised the boys with tickets to MK for the day. I'm not sure if I will hang in MK all day, but I will DEFINITELY make it over there by the early evening because...I booked the HEA Dessert Party for all 5 of us!!!!! Matt has never seen HEA, and I just know he will love it. That and the fact that he can eat as much as he wants during the dessert party made this a no brainer...

Saturday, August 10th. Today is the day we have the dreaded Chef Mickey's booked for Gia and the boys. DREADING. DREADING. DREADING. The lengths I go to to make my family happy...After that, there are no plans...I think my sister was going to reserve a spot at the Bippidy Boppidy Boutique in DS for Gia. We do have dinner reservations at Frontera Cocina, so the evening will most likely be spent there. I'd also LOVE to watch the Electric Water Parade from the CR boat dock.

Sunday, August 11th: The day we leave...I haven't booked airfare as mentioned earlier, so this day is totally up in the air...I'd like to take a late afternoon flight, so we can sleep in, grab food and leisurely leave for MCO.

Next up, I will FINALLY get to my first DAH event...

Attachments

• 6856B15A-2098-49CD-AFD9-0B5063688517.jpeg
    6856B15A-2098-49CD-AFD9-0B5063688517.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 19
  • AE7C715B-603C-4275-8A07-6265F2204B95.jpeg
    AE7C715B-603C-4275-8A07-6265F2204B95.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 6C7CF10F-48EA-4AD5-A9B0-9B59C0C86EC7.jpeg
    6C7CF10F-48EA-4AD5-A9B0-9B59C0C86EC7.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 19
  • FD674983-31DD-4F4D-ACB8-11F6668E94E5.jpeg
    FD674983-31DD-4F4D-ACB8-11F6668E94E5.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 18
  • EC6A994D-D3A1-40F5-AF95-FE26B18739C0.jpeg
    EC6A994D-D3A1-40F5-AF95-FE26B18739C0.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 15C7A030-3DE1-4A25-B874-56B48412F894.jpeg
    15C7A030-3DE1-4A25-B874-56B48412F894.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 9B717CB7-591D-405F-8041-A5D8C9FA7090.jpeg
    9B717CB7-591D-405F-8041-A5D8C9FA7090.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 23
  • E3A28F37-2F55-4F55-9793-2394B349B0BC.jpeg
    E3A28F37-2F55-4F55-9793-2394B349B0BC.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Your plans sound great!!! I always think "I should not plan a trip and just see what happens" but that never works out haha although you don't sound overplanned! Just the right amount!

Your plans sound awesome for August, I am starting to get my August plans organized to put down on paper! We are doing an Ohana late breakfast as well. I have 3 breakfast ADRS because I can’t decide haha!

Love Joe's selfies!

He did such a good job!!!:P

Your plans sound awesome for August, I am starting to get my August plans organized to put down on paper! We are doing an Ohana late breakfast as well. I have 3 breakfast ADRS because I can’t decide haha!

Thanks, Caroline! I love O'Hana for breakfast!!!! That Pog juice can't be beaten!

For what its worth I'm totally with the boys in the Chef Mickeys camp! You should totally do The Wave instead and just buy Gia a stuffed Mickey as consulation

HA! I wish. Julie and I are going to drink mimosas until we can't stand up...That should nymb the pain enough...8-)

Our First DAH Event at MK!!!

Let me start by saying that if you have never attended a DAH event, you MUST put it on your list!!!! There were ZERO crowds, never waited in line for anything, with the exception of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for a few minutes the first time we rode it. The next 2 I believe were walk-ons...We rode BTMRR twice, Buzz 2 or 3 times, HM twice, Pirates, Peter Pan, and Pooh. Joe rode Splash with @ariane37 and @ariane37 rode Space twice with @Elevationist and @IowaTater. We did a few character meets and I FINALLY had my first Mickey Premium bar, and I'm happy to say it won't be my last...We also enjoyed popcorn and Cokes.

So, let's get this evening started, shall we...Joe and I took a boat over from WL. We actually missed our friend's boat by seconds. As a matter of fact, they watched our failed attempt at running to catch their boat...Yes, as mentioned earlier, we attended the MK DAH event with the lovely @ariane37 @Elevationist and @IowaTater. This was our first time meeting Billie and Sarah. Ariane and we had become fast friends a year or so back...They were all a lot of fun to hang out with and it wouldn't be the last time we hung out with these ladies during our EPIC trip:P...After some texting back and forth we agreed to meet outside of the People Mover. Yep, we rode that too. Come on, it's not a trip to the MK without a twirl on the PM...

We spent the evening riding all of our favorite attractions, snacking and posing for lots of photos. We even took pictures with Mickey and Minnie in their birthday outfits and the mischievous Tinker Bell, who was sooooo cute!!! Meeting Tink was a first for me and Joe.

The park was so empty that while we were in Adventureland, Billie was zig-zagging her scooter at top speed, here, there and everywhere. Ariane joked that she was going to hop on the back of it. Hee! Hee! I would have liked to have seen that...

I believe Billie and Sarah left a half hour or so before the rest of us. @ariane37, Joe and I closed out the park. WOOT! WOOT! We were 3 wild and crazy kids enjoying an empty park!!!
12D05B23-5609-4E18-9B1C-4AF04EF8E1DD.jpeg 264AD476-BBB0-4DD5-8BF3-3AAD149F8143.jpeg 0BAA8413-CE32-4C9E-BDC4-CDA1A0DA41BB.jpeg 5E49E1BF-5D95-4C12-8280-619872109022.jpeg 0814CDE4-E6FB-4282-9D9C-7B2DEB3B23EE.jpeg 3614BFD6-B909-4953-8087-D111212F8D64.jpeg
229E4737-E4BA-4D57-8D82-F728878635BA.jpeg F88B8E67-E5EE-416A-9455-B130193AC3C5.jpeg
763E9E23-2A00-4A75-AF62-2A6079F4AF87.jpeg

Next up...It's Back to DAK, a Special Tour, and You Want me to Put my Hand Where...WHAT????

Last edited:
I'm still bitter than they ruined Artist Point with a character dinner (I LOVED Artist Point!)
::yes::

Today is the day we have the dreaded Chef Mickey's booked for Gia and the boys. DREADING. DREADING. DREADING
and again ::yes:: When we finally take my granddaughter I will try my best to do any character meal other than that lol!

I had such a blast with all you guys at DAH! I'm so wishing it was going on at MK during our July trip but we will do DAH at HS then. Billie was hysterical on her scooter :car:

and again ::yes:: When we finally take my granddaughter I will try my best to do any character meal other than that lol!

This place is probably the WORST restaurant in all of WDW...

I had such a blast with all you guys at DAH! I'm so wishing it was going on at MK during our July trip but we will do DAH at HS then. Billie was hysterical on her scooter :car:

I agree it was such an awesome night...HS DAH will be fun. At least you can ride SDD and TSM with little wait, over and over. Oh, and your fav TOT!!!!!

What a blast you guys had!! I can't believe how much you got done and it totally makes me want to book one now. The price tag is a big ouch though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter