Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

That is far from the lobby lol DH and I were actually farther down that hallway so I completely know that walk!! But WL is worth it!! That's a cool view too!

It was a long walk, but oooooh that view! I miss it...

I figured it had to be a VIP tour! lol I had serious FOMO when I saw you all doing it! That is seriously such an amazing gift!

It was seriously something on my bucket list that I never thought I'd be able to do and it was truly amazing. We also got a bit spoiled...

SDD is one of my favorites too!

It's so freaking cute! I seriously love all of TSL and wished we had more time there. But, now that we are AP's, the possibilities for the next year are endless...LOL!

OMG what a switch for your September trip!! DH and I can't wait to stay there again in the Atrium level in June.

That's right, you are doing CL there too.:D You're right, it's hard to move on from. Seriously, the price difference wasn't that bad. So, Joe totally agreed to it, because he loved it so much when we were pixie dusted. Plus, the convenience with Gia. I mean, come on, we can walk to MK!!!!!:P

Those lays potato chips and starbursts were so delicious, I was starving, lol!

SDD is such a fun ride, I loved being able to ride with everyone!

We Arrive at DAK!!!

After our short but sweet time over at HS, it was time to head over to DAK. Again, we went through a back exit, loaded into our wonderfully air-conditioned vans and headed over to a back entrance of DAK...Our first stop was FOP, which was another first for me, and let me tell you...I was scared out of my mind, but I knew it was something I had to do...You see, I get motion sickness and I'm afraid of heights, so I just had a very strong feeling that FOP was NOT going to be a good fit for me. I also knew that this ride was something amazing, so I would just have to take one for the team...I figured if it was THAT bad I wouldn't have to do it again later in the trip because I could at least say I tried it and didn't like it...

We walked on, which was awesome in itself (I think the wait was close to 3 hours), and before I knew it, we were being loaded into our ride vehicles. I was a sweaty mess...I forced myself to keep my eyes open and I warned Joe and @buzzrelly that I might throw up. I also told @buzzrelly that I would lean towards Joe if I felt myself getting sick. LOL!!!

As scared and nervous as I was, this ride was AWESOME! It was everything everyone had told me about and more. I know this sounds cliche, but it was the coolest attraction I have EVER ridden and I'm so happy I forced myself to face my fears and just do it!!! I can honestly see why everyone I speak to about it has such great things to say about it. It also never made me feel nauseous. Crazy, right?!?!

After flying on a Banshee, it was time for lunch. Everyone was pretty hungry at this point and it was agreed upon that Satu'li Canteen would be the perfect spot for us. Our guides even arranged to have a few tables reserved for us, which was wonderful. We all did mobile ordering while we were waiting for our FOP journey to begin and we all submitted our orders as we were walking off the ride, so no one had to wait for their food. Everything was pretty much ready when we arrived at the restaurant. I highly recommend mobile ordering if you have never utilized it.

Fun Tid Bit: I had mentioned to @disneyAndi14 that I wanted to try the Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu. So, the sweetheart that she is surprised me and grabbed one for me while Joe was grabbing our lunch. How sweet is that?!?! Thank you AGAIN @disneyAndi14. You have a huge heart!!! It was sweet, refreshing and delicious and I can't wait to have it again!!!

For lunch, Joe and I each had the Cheeseburger Steamed Pod (steamed cheeseburger pod stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and cheddar cheese served with vegetable chips and grapes, and choice of small water or lowfat milk). We chose to go with the water to drink as we are not milk drinkers. We also shared the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse (
Blueberry Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Curd). Satu'li was a new to me restaurant (Joe had been there previously), but our pods and cheesecake were both new to us. We LOVED everything and we will be returning in the future!!! It's also true that the pods taste like McDonald's cheeseburgers!!!

Now, it was time for the Safari.

Walked straight to the ride, but waited a short bit to board. We saw a lot of giraffes this time around and a couple of them were lying down, which was really neat to see.

With the Safari behind us, it was once again time to head out of DAK through a back exit, load our vans and enter through a back entrance of MK, our last park of the day...

What was waiting for us at MK????
063CCD52-10A3-4D38-AFDD-56CB86E6A463.jpeg BB764A2C-0435-4A5F-A6CD-CC57B0E1810B.jpeg 55FFD24D-65C6-4517-9D23-0B69F2C1469C.jpeg
C94F8D74-2AF2-401E-8428-F96F25B72CE7.jpeg 87846143-F718-4E9F-8415-5DC918924FFB.jpeg

Last edited:
When we arrived at HS, we were taken to a back entrance where a couple CM's were waiting for us. They offered our group bottled water and a variety of snacks, like popcorn, Cheese Its, Skittles and Starbursts. This was much appreciated because we were starving at this point. It was also a very nice touch.
I can only imagine how much fun you were all having, you were probably too excited to eat! Having snacks and water on hand was so nice!

It was finally time for me to see Toy Story Land for myself and I was so excited. I personally think it's adorable and I love the attention to detail. Seeing it wasn't the best part tho...We got to ride Slinky Dog Dash!!! And, not once, but twice with no waiting in line!!! We rode it the first time in the very last row and the second time in the 4th row, so we had 2 very different perspectives of the coaster. I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite rides in WDW. It's so smooth and a ton of fun. Joe and I laughed and screamed the entire ride...
Awesome! Twice in a row is great and I loved how the guide pointed out all the fun details.

We are now staying at the Contemporary Resort in an Atrium Club Level room!!!!! I am soooooo beyond excited for this...Back story...A year and a half ago, we were magically upgraded at the Contemporary to CL and we loved it so much that it just made sense to actually reserve it this time around. There are just so many benefits to staying CL that I couldn't pass it up since there was still availability. We loved being able to see HEA from the lounge every night. We loved the snacks, wine, and beer that was offered etc...It's just so nice to be able to pop in to grab a snack or bottled water, especially when traveling with a 3-year-old..
That will be perfect for your trip!

As scared and nervous as I was, this ride was AWESOME! It was everything everyone had told me about and more. I know this sounds cliche, but it was the coolest attraction I have EVER ridden and I'm so happy I forced myself to face my fears and just do it!!! I can honestly see why everyone I speak to about it has such great things to say about it. It also never made me feel nauseous. Crazy, right?!?!
FoP is incredible. There are certain parts of it that make me cry from sheer joy and awe. I certainly never expected a ride to affect me like that.

For lunch, Joe and I each had the Cheeseburger Steamed Pod (steamed cheeseburger pod stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and cheddar cheese served with vegetable chips and grapes, and choice of small water or lowfat milk). We chose to go with the water to drink as we are not milk drinkers. We also shared the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse (Blueberry Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Curd). Satu'li was a new to me restaurant (Joe had been there previously), but our pods and cheesecake were both new to us. We LOVED everything and we will be returning in the future!!! It's also true that the pods taste like McDonald's cheeseburgers!!!
Love the kids meals as a great lunch option! The blueberry cheesecake looks delish. :)

Fun Tid Bit: I had mentioned to @disneyAndi14 that I wanted to try the Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu. So, the sweetheart that she is surprised me and grabbed one for me while Joe was grabbing our lunch. How sweet is that?!?! Thank you AGAIN @disneyAndi14. You have a huge heart!!! It was sweet, refreshing and delicious and I can't wait to have it again!!!
I can totally see Caroline doing that, she is such a nice person!

Next, we popped into Wine Bar George.

I've been dying to try this place for over a year, and I think my turn is coming in Sept. Mmmm!

Instead of getting one big meal, we had also decided to do more of a progressive dinner and eat at a few places and share our food

I adore this idea. Maybe I'll suggest it to the kids for Sept...?

He will be working custodial at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

YAY!!! I know you'd thought maybe that was what he'd get, but I'll bet it feels great to finally know for sure!

We had a great view,

YES! You sure did! Courtyard FTW!

Someone (who will remain anonymous, but knows we are all eternally grateful to her for such a magical gift) had gifted our group a VIP Tour with 2 guides.

What an incredibly amazing, wonderful gift. The giver was just as sweet as her gesture. :goodvibes

Funny tidbit: I had never ridden the new Soarin' before so that was a first for me and let me tell you...The part where the eagle (I think it was an eagle) flies in front of you scared the crap out of me and I may have yelled something inappropriate. I immediately realized what I said and started apologizing. I had nothing to worry about because everyone in our group who was "soaring" with me laughed about it. #greatgroupoffriends

:lmao: Hilarious! I didn't even know that'd happened because I chose to sit it out with Kari since she wasn't feeling very well.

Next thing I know, Joe is shaking hands with Michael Shannon and waving to me to come over.

Cool!! I got a vlogger celeb sighting too, but much later in the trip. Super fun!

I personally think it's adorable and I love the attention to detail.

Super fun area, and you're right, loads of little hidden details; enough you could see something different every trip.

.I forced myself to keep my eyes open and I warned Joe and @buzzrelly that I might throw up. I also told @buzzrelly that I would lean towards Joe if I felt myself getting sick. LOL!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: You're such a good friend. (And Joe's a pretty great hubby for being willing to take the brunt.

I can honestly see why everyone I speak to about it has such great things to say about it.

See?! So incredibly (artistically gorgeous!)

We all did mobile ordering while we were waiting for our FOP journey to begin and we all submitted our orders as we were walking off the ride, so no one had to wait for their food. Everything was pretty much ready when we arrived at the restaurant. I highly recommend mobile ordering if you have never utilized it.

I'm a HUGE fan of mobile ordering, but struggled with the app working very well. When it did, Mobile ordering was GREAT!

Awww, how sweet of Caroline. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Still can't get over how much you all got to do in such a short period of time on the tour. And how did I not know you hadn't written Flight of Passage before. I get motion sick and am afraid of heights too and I love it. I didn't figure the heights would bother me, and I do have to close my eyes a few times on the ride, but it is so worth it. Though is it bad that I secretly wish we had a story of you getting sick on Joe :P I'll answer that myself, yes it is bad, but as you know I am incapable fo helping myself

Though is it bad that I secretly wish we had a story of you getting sick on Joe :P I'll answer that myself, yes it is bad, but as you know I am incapable fo helping myself

OMG! If I had a drink in my mouth, I would have spit it out. That was soooooo funny!!! I told Joe and he laughed too. Gosh, we miss you sooooo much!!!!!!

I had mentioned to @disneyAndi14 that I wanted to try the Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu. So, the sweetheart that she is surprised me and grabbed one for me while Joe was grabbing our lunch. How sweet is that?!?! Thank you AGAIN @disneyAndi14. You have a huge heart!!! It was sweet, refreshing and delicious and I can't wait to have it again!!!
Caroline @disneyAndi14 is such a sweet heart. How thoughtful.

Thank you for not throwing up on me, Jenny! I appreciate that :rotfl:

I thought it was so cool that you went on even though you were afraid. I wish Mike would try it at least once! Maybe you can convince him at our next meet!

Congrats to your son on starting his DCP!! :cool1:

I could not believe how sweaty your hands were during and after the flight!:lmao:You definitely deserved a night blossom! This was such a fun VIP tour! It was great getting to talk to you and Joe some since the rest of the time we just crossed paths!

Thank you for not throwing up on me, Jenny! I appreciate that :rotfl:

I thought it was so cool that you went on even though you were afraid. I wish Mike would try it at least once! Maybe you can convince him at our next meet!

Congrats to your son on starting his DCP!! :cool1:

I was terrified! I will definitely try to convince him on our next trip!!!

I could not believe how sweaty your hands were during and after the flight!:lmao:You definitely deserved a night blossom! This was such a fun VIP tour! It was great getting to talk to you and Joe some since the rest of the time we just crossed paths!

I was a sweaty mess. It was great spending time with you too.

MK, The Last Part of our VIP Tour...:sad::sad::sad:

We had such a good time in DAK, that it was a little hard leaving. Thank goodness we would be coming back the very next day!!! But, we still had our final park of the day to look forward to...MK. We loaded into our vans at the back exit of DAK and were taken to a back entrance in MK. Once again, CM's were waiting for our group with cold, bottled water and snacks, like chips, popcorn, candy, and granola bars. This was much appreciated and Joe and I helped ourselves.

The first and only stop in MK was to 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Which was fine, because Joe and I were very tired at this point and we still had a VERY LOOOOOOOONG evening ahead of us...We needed to get back to WL (we had received our room ready text and were anxious to check out our new digs for the next 4 nights and freshen up a bit). Mine Train was super fun as always. Then, our guides, Amanda and Jon passed out really cool VIP pins to each of us to commemorate our special VIP Tour. Joe and I also took a pic with Jon, because he was the guide we spent the most time with. So, again, a BIG thank you to our guides, and an extremely warm thank you to our fairy Godmother for the best pixie dust one could ever receive. It was awesome spending time with you and it was truly a magical experience!!!!

As Joe and I were leaving MK, I noticed 2 VERY special characters just waiting to take some pics with me.:D:D:D As some of you know, Robin Hood was my very first Disney movie and I absolutely love all of the characters from the movie. So, this was something special!!!

After another EPIC meet up, we walked to the boat docks and it didn't take long for a WL boat to pull up. It was so nice not to have to wait for the buses, and so nice not to have someone standing on top of me...Joe and I both loved the fact that our bus time was limited this trip.

Next up, Joe and I check out our new home, freshen up, enjoy a fabulous meal and spend the late hours of the evening with some very special friends...:love:

157140F7-B80E-4B81-BB2F-8618F69D8227.jpeg 3EA8BDF0-1FAB-42BF-AA5B-BD21888A9D11.jpeg 854C0791-54F8-466A-BB31-115335C80D88.jpeg F90F1DDB-85E6-4DAC-825F-BAF3F7607343.jpeg

DBDDA111-A136-4228-AC46-4C4343271094.jpeg

Last edited:
I forced myself to keep my eyes open and I warned Joe and @buzzrelly that I might throw up. I also told @buzzrelly that I would lean towards Joe if I felt myself getting sick. LOL!!!
Such a good friend!

It also never made me feel nauseous. Crazy, right?!?!
Glad you liked it and didn't get nauseous!

As Joe and I were leaving MK, I noticed 2 VERY special characters just waiting to take some pics with me.:D:D:D
I love the surprise characters out there. I would love for them to switched them up but keep a variety of characters.

I wish I'd been there for the brief MK dip at the end of the tour, but it turned everything happens for a reason. If I'd been there, I might have missed the phone call for my stupendous magical moment! Still over-the-top bummed I lost my pin. :( I am going to call tomorrow and see if Joe can maybe somehow replace it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter