Single Rider Rides

I go in June every year, so its peak time and high capacity and long wait times. What you are describing is the shortened version, going direct to the elevators. You would have walked through all the pens and wait areas without realising it. If you go at a less crowded time you probably wont have as much waiting around.
In the last 6 years there was one time I got sent straight up the exit and to the elevator at Indy. It was a morning that they were short staffed, so it’s possible that’s what the above poster experienced. Typically I find it faster to go through the fp line then the single rider line because if the handicap line gets backed up it impacts the single rider line since they merge and unmerge at two locations.

I go in June every year, so its peak time and high capacity and long wait times. What you are describing is the shortened version, going direct to the elevators. You would have walked through all the pens and wait areas without realising it. If you go at a less crowded time you probably wont have as much waiting around.

Ah, Alright! that's the reason then probably..it wasn't crowded when I visited the last time... ;)

There was a big ol’ line Tuesday as late as 9:45 when I used my fast pass. I think it was single rider. (It was a line going up the pier ramp and everyone had little slips of paper - perhaps this was something else?) I wondered how they were going to get through. By the time I got off the ride they were gone so my assumption is they cut it off at 10 and they all got their own coaster at the end.

Interesting. When I was there last week, I walked up to the CM that was on the pier and overheard him tell the person in front of me that they were not doing single rider. The line did wind all the way up the pier, but I think it was an extension of the regular line. The next day I asked the CM at the fastpass line (since we were using fastpass) and they told me that they do single rider during the day, but right now, are not doing it at night. My understanding was that so many people were trying to use it at night that it was throwing off the logistics and timing for fastpass/maxpass and standby.

Yay!! Since our 17 trips were before late 2017, I’m glad to know I wasn’t missing something for space Single Rider!! I’m looking forward to checking if it’s available while we’re there. It id advertised, or do we check back by the photo booth at the exit??

Yay!! Since our 17 trips were before late 2017, I’m glad to know I wasn’t missing something for space Single Rider!! I’m looking forward to checking if it’s available while we’re there. It id advertised, or do we check back by the photo booth at the exit??
You check back by the exit. There is a sign that says single rider with arrow on it at the actual exit if it’s open. If the sign is the turn around (white side) then it’s not open.

I haven’t had the PP’s experience with Indy - used it several times this past spring (March/April/May) and while I had to wait a little, it was less than 15 minutes total.

It’s possible FP would’ve been faster, but single rider allowed me to get FP for something else instead.

For those that have done the single rider on Space, have you gotten apprehension and/or rudeness from other guests? I am sort of weary on doing the closer coaster type SR lines ever since I had a bad experience on Screamin' (now Incredicoaster). Well I've had two of them, acutally. The first incident occured when the lady I was assigned with didn't scoot over. When I called over that I was supposed to ride with her she turned her head and acted like she couldn't hear me. I tried to get a CMs attention but they loaded and launched before I was able to. Another time a guy turned and sighed at me and said "GREAT! Now I get to sit with a random stranger." Not exactly the most comfortable ride.
I've never had issues with other guests.

And a funny thing has been happening with Space - on many occasions I end up sitting next to someone else in my group. The railing in the main queue makes it difficult to pull other smaller groups past a larger group. And the CMs at Space need to keep the ride moving. So, if there is a big group in the front of the regular queue that needs to wait for the next rocket, they will just fill up the rest of the rocket with SR's! I think we had a time with the entire back rocket being SRs!

I’m always kind of surprised Toy Story Midway Mania doesn’t have single rider. Half of those cars go out with 3 people
in them. I guess it’s too awkward to play (and compete) with a stranger.

It use to have a Single Rider Line. The CMs would always ask anyone who was riding by themselves if it was okay to put a single rider with them, and quite a few people would say no - causing the Single Rider line to be extremely slow.

It lasted from 2008-2009.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter