Single Rider Lines - Any to Avoid?

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
Planning on single rider tomorrow for Space Mtn., Splash Mtn., Big Thunder, RSR, and Incredicoaster. Are there any of those I should avoid? For instance, the single rider line for Rock n Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios almost never moved particularly fast for us so we typically don't even try it. And do they all load fairly fast? Thanks.

Unless something has changed recently that I'm not aware of, Big Thunder doesn't have a single rider line. Space Mountain does have a single rider line, but we have encountered times during the day when it is not being used.
Thanks. I probably misread about Big Thunder.

Those should be ok..be prepared for them to close though. My friends were at the parks yesterday (it was insanely busy), and they said single rider for space was 30 minutes. They thankfully got a canceled fastpass. Have a plan B, or be flexible to return at a different time.

Also, tomorrow is a Monday, which are known to be busy...and it is 3 days before the discount Socal tickets end, and Socal passes are getting blocked out soon. So it could be crowded.

Some observations about single riders from 3 days at Disneyland Resort:
  • A fellow guest told me that as a single rider, she was not allowed to ride in the front of Incredicoaster. If riding in the front on your list, you might want to avoid single rider lines.
  • One of my kids used the single rider on the Matterhorn while the rest of us used the regular line. The single rider was no faster and we met up at the exact same time to board the ride.

For RSR, if you can use Single Rider in the early morning, it can be a LOT faster (a few times, I had walkons in single rider in the early morning). After a couple hours, it probably is still faster than regular line, but not always a lot faster.

the other single rider line is Indiana Jones, but like Space Mountain, it is not always running. You basically enter via the exit, but need to check with a CM before you go in. Since there is not a lot of obvious signage for this, it tends to be advantageous, if open.

• One of my kids used the single rider on the Matterhorn while the rest of us used the regular line. The single rider was no faster and we met up at the exact same time to board the ride.
Yep, Matterhorn is usually a waste on SR.

:wizard:

Some observations about single riders from 3 days at Disneyland Resort:
  • A fellow guest told me that as a single rider, she was not allowed to ride in the front of Incredicoaster. If riding in the front on your list, you might want to avoid single rider lines.

Being a single rider is for filling in empty space. Stands to reason then that you could not request a special seat. You can get lucky and put in the front though if there happens to be a single person there who went through the regular line.

For RSR, if you can use Single Rider in the early morning, it can be a LOT faster (a few times, I had walkons in single rider in the early morning). After a couple hours, it probably is still faster than regular line, but not always a lot faster.

the other single rider line is Indiana Jones, but like Space Mountain, it is not always running. You basically enter via the exit, but need to check with a CM before you go in. Since there is not a lot of obvious signage for this, it tends to be advantageous, if open.

I actually find IJ single rider line to be fairly useless. They will hold you at different points for a very long time.

As with all lines, the single rider line gets longer throughout the day, but I find it is almost always very useful for RSR, considering how long the standby line gets.

Being a single rider is for filling in empty space. Stands to reason then that you could not request a special seat. You can get lucky and put in the front though if there happens to be a single person there who went through the regular line.

I actually find IJ single rider line to be fairly useless. They will hold you at different points for a very long time.

As with all lines, the single rider line gets longer throughout the day, but I find it is almost always very useful for RSR, considering how long the standby line gets.
I agree about the IJ single rider. When we’ve used it, we’ve had to wait almost as long as if we’d gone standby.

The SRLs for Indy and RSR can get long, especially later in the day when there are no more FPs. But still shorter than standby. The other ones tend to ebb and flow. I've seen Space with it empty and it backed up the ramp. Same with Splash.

PHXscuba

I've gotten through pretty quickly on IJ about 80% of the time-- I used it really frequently on my solo trip. The other times were quite slow, though, especially just before the movie room.
I had a really bad experience waiting for IC last time. That took forever. However I believe they were only running one coaster at the time. Took like 45 minutes to get on. I have not tried that one again.

Splash Mountain can be really good or really bad. If the single rider line is queueing outside the entrance then it is not worth the wait. If it is not outside, go in and have a look - I generally will not wait if the single rider line extends over the bridge, otherwise you're good to go. It can be a pretty slow-moving line if the CMs are good at Tetris ;-)

So because I arrive super early and was able to utilize MaxPass the way I wanted I didn't use any single rider lines yesterday. When I got in line for RSR around 6:00 I was told that the single rider line was 40 minutes. I walked by Incredicoaster a couple of times and it looked like the single rider line wasn't open.

We once had a bad experience with the single rider line at Toy Story Midway Mania. The cast member wasn't paying attention and was letting cars with empty seats go without filling them. It took forever.

After that experience, we checked before we got in that single rider line. That area is open so you can watch to see how the cast member is loading the cars.

We once had a bad experience with the single rider line at Toy Story Midway Mania. The cast member wasn't paying attention and was letting cars with empty seats go without filling them. It took forever.

After that experience, we checked before we got in that single rider line. That area is open so you can watch to see how the cast member is loading the cars.

Toy Story doesn't have a single rider line though?

Toy Story doesn't have a single rider line though?

They added it recently. It’s like the buddy pass at the Monster’s Inc ride where you have to get a pass from the CM. They use it to fill the last row supposedly.

This was my experience also when I used it a month ago. The CMs weren’t loading the buddy pass line until a guest behind me voiced her displeasure then the line started to move quickly. Think it took me about 30 minutes.

Most of the time, the SR line for Space Mountain is about a two-minute wait or less. Indiana Jones is always at least a 15-minute wait and is unavailable more than any other SR line.

They added it recently. It’s like the buddy pass at the Monster’s Inc ride where you have to get a pass from the CM. They use it to fill the last row supposedly.

This was my experience also when I used it a month ago. The CMs weren’t loading the buddy pass line until a guest behind me voiced her displeasure then the line started to move quickly. Think it took me about 30 minutes.

Well a buddy pass line is different than a single rider line. I didn't realize there was a SRL when it first opened, but it's been many years since there has been one.

I've gotten through pretty quickly on IJ about 80% of the time-- I used it really frequently on my solo trip. The other times were quite slow, though, especially just before the movie room.
I had a really bad experience waiting for IC last time. That took forever. However I believe they were only running one coaster at the time. Took like 45 minutes to get on. I have not tried that one again.
Yeah, I guess we have always been lucky because we have always gotten through the single rider at IJ pretty quickly and definitely a lot shorter than the standby line wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter