Single mom with a feisty 6 yr old DD..split stay POP/AsMO or all AsMo this Easter break? HELP!

poohforyou12

Earning My Ears
Hi,

First post :) Just lurking leaves me a little- okay, more than a little- scared of these boards :) but you guys seem the most knowledgeable and passionate about Disney:)

So here goes: I am a single mom going with my 6 yr old kindergartner DD over this Easter break (Sat-Sat.) My only choices are Pop Standard pool view Sat-Thurs, Movies Preferred Thurs-Sat

OR

Movies Preferred (Sat-Sat.) Roughly same price for either option; Disney Standard Dining plan.

Pop's bowling pin pool will be closed :( I am interested in being close to the buses/food court since we won't have a rental car.) She is very into kiddie pools (point for Pop). Going to the movie theater is her favorite thing ever (point for Movies-aargh!)

What should I do? I go back and forth because both seem so appealing!

Hi,

First post :) Just lurking leaves me a little- okay, more than a little- scared of these boards :) but you guys seem the most knowledgeable and passionate about Disney:)

So here goes: I am a single mom going with my 6 yr old kindergartner DD over this Easter break (Sat-Sat.) My only choices are Pop Standard pool view Sat-Thurs, Movies Preferred Thurs-Sat

OR

Movies Preferred (Sat-Sat.) Roughly same price for either option; Disney Standard Dining plan.

Pop's bowling pin pool will be closed :( I am interested in being close to the buses/food court since we won't have a rental car.) She is very into kiddie pools (point for Pop). Going to the movie theater is her favorite thing ever (point for Movies-aargh!)

What should I do? I go back and forth because both seem so appealing!
:welcome: to DISboards!
I’ve stayed at both resorts, and I like Pop the best. But being able to stay preferred in the same room for the week without moving sounds very nice! Whatever you decide, have a marvelous time!

Thanks so much for your reply! We are so close to the date that any help is so greatly appreciated!

I would say movies the whole week would be what I would lean toward. My kids LOVE the larger then life characters from their favorite movies. The idea of moving mid stay with a kid also doesn’t sound appealing because as the week goes on we tend to find mid day breaks a little more needed for all of us, and not having a room to return to after checking out/ before check in wouldn’t be ideal, nor would having to pack up mid trip.

Just my 2cents. Hope your trip is great!

I would say movies the whole week would be what I would lean toward. My kids LOVE the larger then life characters from their favorite movies. The idea of moving mid stay with a kid also doesn’t sound appealing because as the week goes on we tend to find mid day breaks a little more needed for all of us, and not having a room to return to after checking out/ before check in wouldn’t be ideal, nor would having to pack up mid trip.

Just my 2cents. Hope your trip is great!

I agree with this since your DD is 6. Add in being able to stay in the same room the whole trip and I would definitely choose movies. Have a great trip!

I would stay in the same room the entire trip. We stayed at ASMo the first time we took our kids when they were 3 and 1, and again for one night on our last trip when thy were 15 and 13, and it was great both times.

I agree. Even though Pop would be my choice, I would rather not switch rooms, especially since you daughter will enjoy the theming go Movies.

I've stayed at POP and loved it, but I'd happily try ASM in your case just to avoid the hassle of switching resorts in the middle of the trip.

I have a bit of a feisty only child myself. Unfortunately, when she was 6 and tired after a long day, feisty can soon become very whingey! I’d pick the preferred room to make your life a little easier.

Thanks you guys! I had read that changing resorts was no biggie. Pack, head for parks, and your luggage would be waiting at the new resort. You're right, I hadn't factored in the possibility of the room not being ready, hassles of possibility disrupting midday break, etc. I really do want to make things as easy as possible since it's just us two on this trip. I'll plan on Movies for the whole trip. Maybe we can try "getting fancy" with a split stay on a future trip, not our first one. :)

...Maybe we can try "getting fancy" with a split stay on a future trip, not our first one. :)
Yeah, you didn't say this was your first trip. I agree, keep it simple for the first trip, then while you're there you can plot and plan how you'll handle the next trip. :thumbsup2

~Cari~ pluto:

I agree - although I love Pop, staying in one room for your first stay will be the better choice. I am not a big fan of split stays because of the disruption on moving day. There are so many ways you can have a hiccup in the process that I prefer not to take the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter