Single Mom traveling with son with ASD

Does he have noise cancelling headphones? My son has Aspergers and noise sensitivity and they have been lifesavers. We take them everywhere. If you can cruise concierge. I highly recommend it because then your son will have a place to decompress besides your cabin. We took advantage to the concierge lounge a lot to get away from the noise and crowds in the rest of the boat.

We use to have noise cancelling headphones (I still have them) but I noticed my son started to get uncomfortable wearing them in public. We switched to ear plugs and he keeps them in his pocket and uses them when he feels he needs them. A quiet place on the ship is going to be a must for us. I don't know anything about cruising concierge. Is it an extra cost or only available to certain Disney members? I saw a post on the boards that talked about the lounge is sounded nice.

We use to have noise cancelling headphones (I still have them) but I noticed my son started to get uncomfortable wearing them in public. We switched to ear plugs and he keeps them in his pocket and uses them when he feels he needs them. A quiet place on the ship is going to be a must for us. I don't know anything about cruising concierge. Is it an extra cost or only available to certain Disney members? I saw a post on the boards that talked about the lounge is sounded nice.

Cincierge is more pricey then the normal cabins and anyone can book them, You can look on DIsney website to see what they offer and decied what works best for your family

While i’m sure Concierge is wonderful, it may be too pricey for the average family’s budget. Don’t feel it’s the only way to find a quiet spot onboard. The nightclubs and most lounges are usually fairly quiet during the day and open to all ages until evening; one usually has board games available to play. The window seats on deck 4 aren’t exactly private but relatively quiet. The loungers outside on deck 4 are a nice spot to sit and read or snooze. There are spots to “get away” from people and activities.

Enjoy your cruise!

My son turns 15 two weeks before our trip in April and he is also high functioning ASD with epilepsy. He struggles with some of the same things. We have not been since before they started the DAS but do plan to utilize it when needed. I am also going to do the fp+ to help ensure we can get the most out of our trip. In the past, we did use noise cancelling headphones and requested a quiet place to wait for those shows where they herd you in like cattle as you wait for the doors to open. He cannot stand people touching him but strangely enough has zero respect for others personal space. I am also a single mom but will be traveling just myself and my son. Having your daughter there to stand in line could be a life saver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter