Single mom and two kids?

Pocahontas1

Mouseketeer
Ok, I'm considering the dining plan, but not sure so I'd like some advice. We are DVC and PAP's with the DDE card. But, we are headed in June for a little over a week. We already have ADR's for HDD, CRT and CM's. DS is almost 6 and DD is 2 (so no charge for her). So I'm wondering if it is worth it. Personally, I like a sit down meal during the day and DS likes the character meals. I could probably do CS for cheaper, but I don't know if I can face a week of chicken nuggets and hot dogs ;) (I know there are other options out there, but kids are kind of limited.

I think I have to buy a one day pass for DS and I to get the dining plan. So, that adds to the cost right there. Then, I have 20% discount I would get anyway. So is it worth it for me? Personally, I like the idea of not having to pay for food since it has already been paid for.

Oh, for part of the trip we will be "traveling" with my best friend, her husband and four kids, her in-laws and sister-in-law and two kids. Maybe my family needs the sit down to take a break from the massive family.

Thanks!

If you're staying at DVC on points, you don't have to purchase extra admission.

However, based on the choices you've outlined, my guess is that you won't benefit much from the dining plan.

Thanks for the input. I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Hmmmm...a CM told me I would have to buy one day admission to use the meal plan. Must have been bad information.

That's for the free dining promotion currently being offered.

DVC members/renters do not have to buy park admission to do the DDP.

We also have the DDE. I ran the numbers...it comes out almost exactly the same with or without the DDP for us. I decided to do it for the convenience of my teen being able to order what she wants without me cringing. You can still use the DDE on anything you use that is "off" the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter