Silly question

DisFan84

Mouseketeer
I’ve googled the heck out of my question and because it’s too late- I can’t call but tomorrow I can officially check in- 10 day mark! I checked my reservation (booked directly through Aulani) and noticed that my email reservation confirmation states: Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaii. When I go to check in, it actually gives me the option of selecting what’s on my reservation and the second option is Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawaii. What’s the difference? Clearly a first timer here. I booked a standard suite villa, which it’s possible I’m now answering my own question... it’s considered “villa” do I get any DVC perks since it’s one of the DVC villas or is that only when you book points through an owner?

Aulani a Disney resort is if you booked through disneyaulani or travel website for a reservation

Aulani Disney vacation Villas is if you booked through the dvcmember website or using dvc points reservation

PP is correct - the Villas is simply the Disney Vacation Club part of sort. Similar to Boardwalk Inn vs. Boardwalk Villas at WDW.

do I get any DVC perks since it’s one of the DVC villas or is that only when you book points through an owner?

The only perks I'm aware of are a few discounts throughout the resort, which are only for DVC members, and free parking for anyone staying on points - member or not. If you're staying in a villa but not on points, you wouldn't be eligible for free parking.

Thank you! I assumed so but once I had the choice to pick either one and my reservation says DVC villa, it through me for a loop.

Can I not check in online till 4pm? It’s telling me that I can’t do anything until I’m 10 days out... we leave the 25th.

Can I not check in online till 4pm? It’s telling me that I can’t do anything until I’m 10 days out... we leave the 25th.

My first guess was that perhaps you have to wait for after 6am Hawaii time. Disney computers roll over to the next business day at 6am, so I am assuming for Aulani that would be local time. My second thought was that if you count both today and the 25th, you would be 11 days out, so perhaps you can check-in tomorrow?

If it still doesn't work by tomorrow afternoon, it could just be a product of the glitchy web site. Online checkin for us was down the whole week prior and didn't work until the day before checkin, and online checkin on the WDW side has had issues for month.

My first guess was that perhaps you have to wait for after 6am Hawaii time. Disney computers roll over to the next business day at 6am, so I am assuming for Aulani that would be local time. My second thought was that if you count both today and the 25th, you would be 11 days out, so perhaps you can check-in tomorrow?

If it still doesn't work by tomorrow afternoon, it could just be a product of the glitchy web site. Online checkin for us was down the whole week prior and didn't work until the day before checkin, and online checkin on the WDW side has had issues for month.

That makes sense. Everyone on here has been so incredibly helpful! I can plan a Disneyland vacation with my eyes closed forward and back but all of this is so new to me. We’ve never stayed on Disney property.

Even sillier question here... ;) What does online check-in accomplish? We reserved online directly through Aulani site (non-DVC). We already have our dinner reservations, etc. What do we do with online check-in? Do you pay in full at that time? I assume it saves you a wait at the desk when you arrive, but is there any other purpose? Is there some benefit to checking in right at the 10 day mark rather than, say, 2 days out?? Thanks!

What does online check-in accomplish?
They have your key cards and paperwork at the front of the resort when you pull up. Someone greets you and gives you what you need. From there, you can go straight to your room with no need to stop at the front desk. The biggest benefit is when you're arriving at a busy time or near check-in time, when the front desk is busy with a line.

Is there some benefit to checking in right at the 10 day mark rather than, say, 2 days out??
No. I know at WDW you can select from a few room requests. I don't remember whether you can do this for Aulani online check-in, but if you can, you might want to do it early enough before they begin assigning rooms.

Do you pay in full at that time?
No, not until you're there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter