Silly Question

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Ok, so this may sound really silly, but here goes. I'm heading for WDW for 16 days in September as a birthday gift to myself. My birthday is a week before I leave. Now here come's the silly question. Can I still mention that this is a birthday trip or would that be wrong?

Not At All!!! You're going for your birthday - just because you couldn't be there on THE day doesn't matter. Plus, they don't even ask for confirmation - just tell them you're at WDW for your birthday!

Be sure to get a "It's My Birthday" button from Guest Relations in the Magic Kingdom! Just ask for one and they give it to you!

I've been going for my birthday for years - and last year was the first time I was actully there ON my birthday! - 9/15 - talk about an empty park! We had a great day though - walked onto the rides!

-Kim

I wouldnt say its wrong to do it, but I personally would feel silly(even if it were my bday). Technically every person in WDW can be celebrating a birthday or anniversary in which case it would really take away from the people who truly were celebrating a special day. If it were my kids, then yeah, Id mention something, but for myself, I dont think so. In fact, my July trip is actually my 30th bday gift which was in December. I wont be mentioning that. My anniversary and DH's bday are a couple weeks after the trip and we wont mention those either. We are just celebrating our trip.
But, like I said, thats JMO because Im not comfortable with extra attention. So if you are comfortable with extra attention, then go for it! :)
Happy Birthday!

I will be there for my birthday this September and didn't even think about it until I read this post. Are there any special perks for birthday people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter