silly question--what is the size of the cups available at the drink stations

wfbnancy

Mouseketeer
We are planning for our cruise on the Fantasy in June. We are trying to decide if we would like to bring refillabel water bottles, as well as what size? As a starting point we are using the size of the cups available at the drinking stations. Anyone happen to know this?

We are planning for our cruise on the Fantasy in June. We are trying to decide if we would like to bring refillabel water bottles, as well as what size? As a starting point we are using the size of the cups available at the drinking stations. Anyone happen to know this?

I believe that they are 12-ounces.

Yeah...they're about 12 ounces.
ohsmbp.jpg

I definitely recommend taking a personal mug or refillable bottle with you. The Yeti 30oz tumblers are very popular.

Last edited:

They are tiny. We always bring our 32 ounce sports bottles. You will be glad you did. Especially since there is only one drink station.

Is this something a lot of people do? I thought I read somewhere on the boards that DCL had starting posting signs requesting that people not use their own cups. Can someone clarify? We've got our first DCL trip coming up - I want to make sure we pack bottles if we need them, but I don't want to waste the suitcase space if they won't be used!

Is this something a lot of people do? I thought I read somewhere on the boards that DCL had starting posting signs requesting that people not use their own cups. Can someone clarify? We've got our first DCL trip coming up - I want to make sure we pack bottles if we need them, but I don't want to waste the suitcase space if they won't be used!
You may bring your own bottles/cups onboard. You may use those to drink whatever beverages you wish. Only request DCL makes is that you use one of their cups to fill yours, and not fill your bottle/cups directly from the drink station spigots.

We always bring our own refillable water bottle for use onboard and in ports, and fill it in our room.

We don't bring cups, as I find the "small" cups not that small and are a good size for me.

Yes, please use one of DCL to fill your reusable. I was a great idea (that I got from Disbaords family on my 1st cruise- Thnx Princess SHMOO!!!). It keeps drinks cold and you don't have to go to the station as often.

You may bring your own bottles/cups onboard. You may use those to drink whatever beverages you wish. Only request DCL makes is that you use one of their cups to fill yours, and not fill your bottle/cups directly from the drink station spigots.

We always bring our own refillable water bottle for use onboard and in ports, and fill it in our room.

We don't bring cups, as I find the "small" cups not that small and are a good size for me.

Yes, please use one of DCL to fill your reusable. I was a great idea (that I got from Disbaords family on my 1st cruise- Thnx Princess SHMOO!!!). It keeps drinks cold and you don't have to go to the station as often.
Good to know, thank you!

The rules vary from ship to ship. On Dream in March, we had a ‘Do not use your personal cups’ sign. On Fantasy, in December, we had a ‘Do not touch the nozzle with your personal cup’ sign and on all the other ships before they, we had the ‘use a paper cup to fill yours’ sign.

Reactions: NAB
After the big illness on the Fantasy last month, the drink stations and Eye Scream ice cream are now manned by castmembers. I cruised on 5/11 and they still had this precaution in place. I thought that maybe they wouldn't allow us to use our personal mugs but the CMs were more than accommodating to fill up your personal mug. Sometimes the lines got long but it was fine.

AFAIK this is an isolated event on the Fantasy and should not be going on for much longer. If your ship has the self-service soda dispensers, just remember to use a cup for each refill and you should be good to go!

I agree, they are a bit too small but we have never brought our own cups. We do bring a water bottle for water only. I don't want to deal with cleaning out cups that are sticky from soda or whatever. I just look at it as more steps for me to burn off the million calories per day I'm eating/drinking while on board.

I hear and saw the signage is different per ship. We went on dream and the sign said no refillable cups allowed at pool deck. But in cabanas it was allowed. Then I heard on fantasy the sign said not to have refillable cup touch the machine. So I think it depends. Everyone on YouTube recommends it though. So it was weird when we got there to refill coke and water that it said that.

I hear and saw the signage is different per ship. We went on dream and the sign said no refillable cups allowed at pool deck. But in cabanas it was allowed. Then I heard on fantasy the sign said not to have refillable cup touch the machine. So I think it depends. Everyone on YouTube recommends it though. So it was weird when we got there to refill coke and water that it said that.

You can still use your own beverage container. It is just safer to use their provided ones to refill your personal one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter