Silly question about golf carts

pxydst

Mouseketeer
With so many golf carts on property... how do you tell which cart is yours? I assume there is one key to start them?

I don't know if it is the same key, but my (off site) rental cart was white. That stood out among all the green Fort carts and much nicer private ones. The Fort carts are numbered. You see a lot of subtle decorations, much like people do to luggage. A streamer or decal, something to call it out from a distance. Despite my cart being one of the few white ones, DS thought the little round Mickey stickers they give out in the parks should go on the dash and back seat.

j

We are renting from Tee Time... they appear to do a lot of business there so not sure what color they have and how they are marked.

Tee Time has all shapes and brands with every color of the rainbow.

Last edited:

Yes, rented from Kenny several times.

Disney carts are a generic green with numbers on the side. Kenny's carts are various brands in various colors which makes them easily distinguishable from Disney.

I have never had trouble with identifying ours. There is always something different with each one that's makes it easy. Some people may even attach something to their cart to help identify it.

It won't be as big a deal as you may think.

We always tie a bandana or something onto the steering wheel so if someone hops in ours by accident while it's parked somewhere, they'll notice the thing they don't recognize right away. :)

As was said, Disney carts are green. They have a number on the side. Your key has a medallion with the number stamped on it also.

And I don't recall the top speed of a Kenny Kart (maybe tiggerdad can remind us) but my Disney cart today hit 16mph with the two of us in it on Big Pine Trail near the canal and 1500 loop entrance (according to the speed signs).

I'm going to give the cart SOME decorations tomorrow to make it easier to pick out.

Bama Ed

Okay, in 2014 I had a golfcart from Kenny that was a 2 stroke gas burner that at its best got...
IMG_6457a.jpg

In 2015 I got another cart from Kenny. I had joked with the guy at pickup about the previous years slow cart and he laughed and said, "Okay, I can fix that. You need to take the gold and black one." That one got this...
IMG_0007 (2).JPG

You can ask @snowmedic , one night he and I were out riding it and we got 22mph on it. I didn't get a pic of that one as we were both too terrified to let go with one hand to take a picture.

I had a nice one eyed Kenny cart in September. We could regularly hit 20 heading towards the Outpost with 5 of us on it. One night I ran DSister over to the Meadows Trading post. On the way back we saw 21 on the sign. It ran pretty good. A little too good in the dark with 1 head light.

j

Okay, in 2014 I had a golfcart from Kenny that was a 2 stroke gas burner that at its best got...
View attachment 280294

In 2015 I got another cart from Kenny. I had joked with the guy at pickup about the previous years slow cart and he laughed and said, "Okay, I can fix that. You need to take the gold and black one." That one got this...
View attachment 280296

You can ask @snowmedic , one night he and I were out riding it and we got 22mph on it. I didn't get a pic of that one as we were both too terrified to let go with one hand to take a picture.
:rotfl2:

You laugh, it was the same night you guys had all come over for DW taco soup. I should have taken your boys along with me and let one of them take the picture. You know, the younger generation is a lot braver...

You laugh, it was the same night you guys had all come over for DW taco soup. I should have taken your boys along with me and let one of them take the picture. You know, the younger generation is a lot braver...
oh gracious- don't encourage them! One just bought a go-cart last summer, and I'm sure his mechanical little mind is already thinking "faster! FASTER!" Thankfully we now have snow, and that tends to curb the enthusiasm for tinkering on engines for now.....

View attachment 280294

View attachment 280296

I had the same one in 2013 Did he ever fix the Herky Jerky start up Darn near rattled our fillings out every time got in to go someplace.

oh gracious- don't encourage them! One just bought a go-cart last summer, and I'm sure his mechanical little mind is already thinking "faster! FASTER!" Thankfully we now have snow, and that tends to curb the enthusiasm for tinkering on engines for now.....
MORE POWER Tim 'THE TOOL MAN' Taylor would be so proud

I had the same one in 2013 Did he ever fix the Herky Jerky start up Darn near rattled our fillings out every time got in to go someplace.

Nope! That sucker had a lurch at startup, but man! When she got stretched out buddy you better be holding on!

I'm sure his mechanical little mind is already thinking "faster! FASTER!" Thankfully we now have snow, and that tends to curb the enthusiasm for tinkering on engines for now.....
That's how it starts. And snow just lets you investigate laws of friction and how to control some of Newton's other laws. Great time... right up until the lamp post gets in the way.

j

We had a red 6-seater from Kenny in June. By myself driving up to overflow to return it, it made the sign flash - I didn't get a picture either!

Mine from Kenny last week hit 19mph with just me, I had a red one. My brothers hit 20mph with the two of us and his 8yo DS on it. Would have liked to see what it would have done with just one of us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter