Silly parking questions

Mikamarii

Mouseketeer
We have a 10night BLT (on our direct purchase points)stay post (non-Disney) cruise in January. We have never had a car in WDW but decided to rent a car this trip. We will be renting a minivan from port in order to fit the 4 of us and luggage. We will only have the van for 1 day then switching to a smaller (and cheaper!) car for the rest of the trip.
My 1st question is are the parking passes registered to the guest or the vehicle? When we switch out the mini van for a smaller vehicle will I need to go back and get a new parking pass or can I keep the one I have for the new vehicle?
2nd question is my parents are meeting us there and staying with us in the villa and will also have a vehicle. The DVC member site states members don't pay for parking but doesn't specify number of vehicles. I remember visiting Aulani a few years ago and it specifically stated only 2 vehicles allowed for free. Can I get two parking passes at WDW DVC villas?

Thanks!

Parking 'pass' is your Magic Band, scan as you enter the resort. As long as your parents are staying with you their band should also work. There will not be a parking charge for either car. Have a great trip.

Even if your parents aren’t staying with you if they say they’re visiting (will probably ask for room number and/or last name but not sure about that) they should be able to park just fine. Not sure how strict they are about parking at BLT as we have never stayed there but we visited some friends of ours a couple years ago for fireworks and didn’t have a problem. If you’re concerned you can ask the security guard as you’re checking in but I think you should be fine. Sorry for long post to answer simple question, please excuse my rambling :rolleyes1

Awesome thanks! I'll get clarification when we get there but just like to have some sort of plan going in. The responses definitely help.

At BLT (and others), as long as the driver's magic band indicates the person is in a room at the resort (which will be the case for both you and your parents), that person can, at any time during his stay, enter driving any car (even one he may have just stolen) and park.

At BLT (and others), as long as the driver's magic band indicates the person is in a room at the resort (which will be the case for both you and your parents), that person can, at any time during his stay, enter driving any car (even one he may have just stolen) and park.
Ha!

They don't give out paper parking passes any more.
Ya I think that’s what I was confused about. We’ve only ever rented a car at Aulani and they gave us paper passes. Having it tied to the magic bands simplifies things.

When you first arrive, your MagicBand may not work to make the gate automatically open. You may have to use the MagicBand on your room door first. At least that is what we needed to do at VGF.

When you first arrive, your MagicBand may not work to make the gate automatically open. You may have to use the MagicBand on your room door first.
The security guard at our resort told us the same thing. Online check-in will not make your magicband work on the parking gate until after someone has opened the room door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!