Silk Almond Milk--for those who don't like milk

Sweety_tweety

Mouseketeer
I was not sure where to post this, but wanted to share with others my experience. I have never liked the taste of milk. Even using a minimal amount of milk in cereal, I would get pains in my stomach. I am guessing I am lactose intolerant. I tried the lactose free milk a few years ago, did not like it and never tried it again.

Anyway, I recently tried the vanilla almond in my cereal--I think it tastes better than regular milk! I still can't get over it. On the otherhand, my sister who loves milk, does not like it. The dark chocolate almond is also awesome. :thumbsup2 Instead of pop tarts every morning, I eat Great Grains with fresh blueberries and almond vanilla milk.

I know I can't be the only person out there that does not like milk. The almond milk also has more calcium than regular milk. I am always trying to find ways to increase my calcium intake. :)

I've been trying to incorporate more almond milk into my family's diet and we just love it! I buy the 365 brand at Whole Foods (we eat organic) and my husband can't even tell the difference. Great find!

I don't have sensitivity to milk, but I am trying to live a more vegan-like life...so for about 6 - 9 months now I have been getting the almond milk 3 packs at Costco for myself. I really do like it.

I recently became lactose intolerant, so I started using Silk Milk (original flavor). Like the OP, I too was surprised how much I liked the taste! I use it in cereal, scrambled eggs, anything that calls for milk.

However, I don't like drinking it straight....putting it in cereal and stuff helps mask the 'offish' taste.

diznee25

I like the almond milk a lot, especially in macaroni and cheese. My boyfriend has issues with milk and I bought him the chocolate almond milk to try when he didn't like the vanilla. He ended up liking it so much that he wouldn't let me have any of it.

I also have a problem with lactose intolerance and I have been using almond milk for several months now. I really like it and it doesn't give me issues with my stomach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter