Signing up for Jedi training- how difficult is it?

We arrived at about 7:15 at the tapstiles, to our surprise, we were the 6th or 7th family in line. They checked we had the PPO ADR. The let the PPO folk through about 7:50. We went straight to the sign up for Jedi Training. Essentially, we followed the handful of families we were behind at the tapstiles, with most of those behind us in tow... I was worried we would be late to check in for our 8:10 ADR...the sign up, including the walk over, waiting for the few ahead of us to sign up, and us to sign up, took just minutes. When we left to go to the ADR, the line behind us was crazy. So glad we got up early to make that happen! Plus we checked in for the ADR by 8:05, enjoyed a great breakfast with characters, our LO included in that description! Lol!

The Jedi Training was amazing, he still talks about it, almost two years later...and all those photopass shots are great! They will tell you to stop at the photopass place to pick out your kids photos. But...when you enter your card number when you get home, it is so easy to pick out your kid...don't waste park time going through photos...

They will tell you to stop at the photopass place to pick out your kids photos. But...when you enter your card number when you get home, it is so easy to pick out your kid...don't waste park time going through photos...
I wish I’d known this bc it did take forever on our last night at Disney. I’d have rather been enjoying the park for our last evening!

I am new to signing up for Jedi Training, but my nephew would like to try it. What are the time slots like? Every 30 minutes? Every 20? I want to make sure I am ready with times that will work into our plan. TIA
My memory is a bit fuzzy but I believe they are every 45 or so minutes...? The program itself lasted quite some time - or maybe it just felt that way because there isn't any shade in that area. Not sure.

Search for Jedi Training on the Disney website - the times are all listed. Some are 30 minutes apart, sometimes there is a 60 minute gap. The show itself takes about 20 minutes, and you need to arrive at the staging area 30 minutes before your assigned showtime (so actual time commitment for your family will be almost an hour).

We did it today. We got to the tapstiles at 8 and were the 3rd group back. They started letting people in at 8.30, we were slightly delayed as one of our group had problems with the finger scan, but there weren't many families ahead of us at sign up, and even with 4 children to sign up we could choose any show. We were back at Hollywood Boulevard by about 8.45

We did it today. We got to the tapstiles at 8 and were the 3rd group back. They started letting people in at 8.30, we were slightly delayed as one of our group had problems with the finger scan, but there weren't many families ahead of us at sign up, and even with 4 children to sign up we could choose any show. We were back at Hollywood Boulevard by about 8.45

Nice! This is our plan Mar 9. Did you get a tapstyle on the left or just picked the shortest one? Do you think it's feasible to then RD TSMM?

We're looking to do this for my son.

We're staying in CBR, so we were going to go along on Aug 5th and go in during the extra magic hour. The plan being that I would stand in line with my son while my wife and daughters go off and do some rides that he wouldn't do during the hour (Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster).

Do they let you sign up during the EMH, or would we be better getting an ADR for a day when they don't have the EMH at HS?

We're looking to do this for my son.

We're staying in CBR, so we were going to go along on Aug 5th and go in during the extra magic hour. The plan being that I would stand in line with my son while my wife and daughters go off and do some rides that he wouldn't do during the hour (Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster).

Do they let you sign up during the EMH, or would we be better getting an ADR for a day when they don't have the EMH at HS?

They let you sign up during EMH. In the past we have even signed up BEFORE our 8:00am ADR at H&V. I was surprised by that, but noticed several families went down that way while waiting outside. So we went down and sure enough signed up about 8:00am for a 9:00am opening.

Thanks, Aron.

I've made an ADR for my son and me at 8:05am on Aug 4th, and Aug 5th is the EMH for HS.

I'll decide closer to the time which option to go for.

Nice! This is our plan Mar 9. Did you get a tapstyle on the left or just picked the shortest one? Do you think it's feasible to then RD TSMM?
We weren't all the way on the left, I went for the shortest. There weren't too many through the tapstiles ahead of us, so we weren't walking in a huge crowd. By 8.15 the lines at the tapstiles were much bigger. You wouldn't be right at the front for TSMM as by the time we got back to Hollywood Boulevard there was a reasonable crowd, but I think you could do it without too much wait. We went to Buzz and Woody and were some of the first in, the rest of our group went to RnR and waited about 15 min

DD8 really wants to do Jedi. We are going on an EMH day (8am EMH for 9am regular open). What time should we plan to be at the turnstyles and to confirm, we want to be at the ones on the left? We are staying at a walkable resort so don't have to worry about waiting for transportation to get there. We will still be acclimating to Eastern time (Californian here who was up at 3:55am for the FP+ 60 day window...) so we want to get there as late as we can, while making it likely we'll make Jedi w/o wasting the entire EMH in line. Yes, lots of balancing to do.. Thanks!

DD8 really wants to do Jedi. We are going on an EMH day (8am EMH for 9am regular open). What time should we plan to be at the turnstyles and to confirm, we want to be at the ones on the left? We are staying at a walkable resort so don't have to worry about waiting for transportation to get there. We will still be acclimating to Eastern time (Californian here who was up at 3:55am for the FP+ 60 day window...) so we want to get there as late as we can, while making it likely we'll make Jedi w/o wasting the entire EMH in line. Yes, lots of balancing to do.. Thanks!

EMH or no EMH, getting there 45 minutes to an hour before rope drop is my recommendation. You should be able to get in and signed up before the attractions open. They typically open the gates 15-30 minutes early, and while the attractions are not operating yet, you can sign up for Jedi Training.

What about July going on an EMH at 7am for an 8am regular opening everyday? Do you think we will have to get at the turnstyles around 6:30 am? At what time do the bus shuttles for the parks begin to run (is it still 45 minutes before the park opening ) ?

What about July going on an EMH at 7am for an 8am regular opening everyday? Do you think we will have to get at the turnstyles around 6:30 am? At what time do the bus shuttles for the parks begin to run (is it still 45 minutes before the park opening ) ?
The buses tend to run starting 90 minutes before park opening, not 45.

Yes, you'd want to be there by 6:30 at the latest.

The buses are not (under normal conditions) directly tied to park opening times.
But, definitely not as late as "45 minutes before park opening."
(If that were true, guests from the resorts the wouldn't ever get to a breakfast ADR that scheduled an hour before park opening.)
As, a general rule, every day of the year, the resorts' park buses are rolling starting between 6:10AM and 6:45AM.

But under unusual circumstances like a 7AM EMH, the buses could be rolling earlier than usual.
However, it is doubtful that they would be running as early as 5:30AM, even for a 7AM opening time.
Figure on an early bus under those conditions to be running closer to 6:00AM, give or take.
There will, in most cases, be so (relatively) few guests actually getting up that early, the need for guests to arrive extraordinarily early
is greatly diminished.

We have an 8:10 ADR, what time should we arrive to sign up for JTA and make out reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter