Signature Plus AP Payments Option

samanthuhellen

Earning My Ears
Hi All! My family and I will be moving to Souther CA for a six week stint for my job. I was wanting to get the signature plus passports and take advantage of the payments option. We will have a CA address but I wasn’t planning on getting updated ID’s since it’s a temporary situation. So I’m able to purchase them online using the payment option fine and have them mailed to our CA house, that’s not a problem, but does anyone know if they’ll require us to provide an ID with a CA address upon our first time using them at the parks or there after? Thanks in advance!

Hi All! My family and I will be moving to Souther CA for a six week stint for my job. I was wanting to get the signature plus passports and take advantage of the payments option. We will have a CA address but I wasn’t planning on getting updated ID’s since it’s a temporary situation. So I’m able to purchase them online using the payment option fine and have them mailed to our CA house, that’s not a problem, but does anyone know if they’ll require us to provide an ID with a CA address upon our first time using them at the parks or there after? Thanks in advance!

They don't mail APs. To get a physical card, you'll need to present an ID and form of payment at the ticket booth.

You are buying Signature PLUS passes for a 6 week stint? Have you really worked the numbers on that? You have to visit something like 12 times to pay for the pass. How many times, realistically, do you think you will actually go? Also, the payments plan requires permanent residency and a billing zip code in the state, not just a mailing address.

You are buying Signature PLUS passes for a 6 week stint? Have you really worked the numbers on that? You have to visit something like 12 times to pay for the pass. How many times, realistically, do you think you will actually go? Also, the payments plan requires permanent residency and a billing zip code in the state, not just a mailing address.
Our primary residence is AZ so we go on average twice a month regardless. We’ll have a billing address of CA, but again it will just be for that six week period, depending on what happens with my job. My question was if they check your ID with the first initial use and since it’s not a SoCal specific passport if it matters that we have CA address or not.

Actually, if you'll only be is SoCal for six weeks, you may not need Signature Plus. As you probably know, the only advantage of Sig+ over Signature is that you're not blocked out for the two weeks at Christmas. If your time won't overlap that, I urge you to go only with Signature. And I don't think they care where you live when you buy an AP. I often meet Signature passholders from Arizona or Utah at the price. And the price for all APs is the same wherever you live, I believe.

I think OP wants to take advantage of the monthly payment plan.

OP, you might be able to show a utility bill with your name on it for your CA address.

Our primary residence is AZ so we go on average twice a month regardless. We’ll have a billing address of CA, but again it will just be for that six week period, depending on what happens with my job. My question was if they check your ID with the first initial use and since it’s not a SoCal specific passport if it matters that we have CA address or not.

They do check your ID. Will you be there between Dec 20 and Jan 5? If not, just get the Signature and add Maxpass if you want. It is cheaper than Sig+ and the only blackout dates are between those dates mentioned during the holidays.

Will you have a utility bill in your name with a California address? They know that people move to California every day. I think if you just have something that proves you live here like a utility bill or a rental agreement, it will suffice.

Years ago they wouldn't let me buy a SoCal pass without a California ID and I had my San Diego Gas and Electric bill with my address and SoCal zip on it so I guess it depends on who you talk to that day. But that is often the case with disneyland cast members. One can be a pain, but the next one does not care either way. But since the OP is living in SoCal for a little bit, it might be advantageous to go ahead and get the California ID's for the family for the future. You might get a discount of some sort from them in the coming years so it is worth burning a morning at the DMV for that alone imho.

Years ago they wouldn't let me buy a SoCal pass without a California ID and I had my San Diego Gas and Electric bill with my address and SoCal zip on it so I guess it depends on who you talk to that day
When I first moved to LA six years ago, I bought the SoCal pass. I was concerned that they’d want proof of CA residency but they never asked: not when I bought the pass and not when I used it. I was actually kind of surprised by that.

When I first moved to LA six years ago, I bought the SoCal pass. I was concerned that they’d want proof of CA residency but they never asked: not when I bought the pass and not when I used it. I was actually kind of surprised by that.
Definitely not the case now. My friend who moved here but who hadn’t gotten her CA drivers license had to show her rental agreement and/or utility bill. This was about a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter