Sign of the times

I've been able to get into lots of other resorts at the 7 month mark now too compared to years ago. We have even been able to get OKW's GV at 7 months.

I hope my luck holds out when I want to make reservations for a GV at Aulani!
I've booked AKV concierge and BLT at the 7 month mark, last 2 years.

I hope your good fortune doesn't result in me changing my mind again on the second half of our split stay this October. I have read the Epcot resorts are impossible to get at the 7 month mark during F&W.

I think, that is a different animal.;) BWV is a bit difficult during F&W. I stressed out, over adding an extra day (last October). Got it... at the last minute (whew)!

We were able to book BCV at 7 months for this coming June. It was a huge relief because we really wanted to give BCV and Stormalong Bay a shot for a few days prior to our Dream cruise (plus we love Epcot and DHS so it made sense to stay at an Epcot resort for a bit). Now I'm already stressing about trying to get Aulani at 7 months out for June 2013! And I've got 11 more months to stress before I can book that one!

I called yesterday for a reservation in a 1BR July 7-12...EVERY resort had availability except BCV (only missing 1 night). BWV had rooms in Preferred, Boardwalk and Standard view. I was very surprised!

I've booked AKV concierge and BLT at the 7 month mark, last 2 years.

I think, that is a different animal.;) BWV is a bit difficult during F&W. I stressed out, over adding an extra day (last October). Got it... at the last minute (whew)!

I like the AKV concierge luck. :thumbsup2

It's my kids that keep changing their minds. Once I get set and have researched to death, they start thinking about another resort. :crazy2:

I hope your good fortune doesn't result in me changing my mind again on the second half of our split stay this October. I have read the Epcot resorts are impossible to get at the 7 month mark during F&W.

I think this is still mostly the case, although you always have the chance of getting lucky with a cancellation.

If I remember the last quarterly report correctly, park attendance has actually gone up slightly over the past year. Likewise, the revenue-per-room-night has also gone up for the cash resorts. However, the quarterly statements also have been very consistent in stating that the cash resorts are booking later than they used to---cash guests are not planning as far in advance.

People being people, I suspect the same trends are happening with DVC.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Even if people have the resort portion of their stay "prepaid" with the maintenance fees, there is still an outlay for tickets, food, etc., and with the economy as it is, people may be waiting for the last minute (or at least until the end of their banking windows) to see how things are going.

I booked a 2 br BCV recently during F&WF - I really didn't think there would be any available (I don't own DVC, paying cash but booked with travel industry 1/2 off discount).

I think people are trying out new resorts. I know I just went to Aulani in November and it was very busy. There must be lots of open rooms at the new resorts, and people are booking there instead of at their home. Then it frees up the older but still popular resorts such as Beach Club and Board Walk.

My brother just got a 1BR for the first week of February at BCV by calling the week after Christmas. That is less than 2 months out. I couldn't believe it but am very excited for him! :banana:

If this is a sign of the times to come, then it is a good one (at least for me :goodvibes). I just got off the phone with MS and booked 3 nights at BLT and got a TP view studio during labor day weekend 8/31-9/3. I will have to call back later so I can use my SSR points to extend our stay until 9/10. I was a little worried that we weren't going to get a TP view at this time, and just settle for a BL view (which wouldn't be bad either :thumbsup2).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter