Sign of the times

tiggerguy2000

Disney Veteran<br><font color=green>Isn't worried
I called today for a BWV 1 bedroom standard view room from July 1st thru July 10th and it was available.I remember when you would never get these rooms at the 7 month window.Our last 2 trips in 2010 and 2011 we noticed a big drop off in attendance.I can understand why since 3 years ago I was let go from my job of 16+ years and now working 3 jobs at half the money.

We just bought into the DVC last month at Saratoga Springs...

Went to book our first trip using points (July 2012) and wanted to stay at BCV but started trying to make a list of priority in case it wasn't available.

5 minutes later my wife had a booking at BCV for a studio.

I couldn't believe how easy it was. I was so nervous after hearing people talk about how important the 11 month window was, etc...

This is good to know (well, I don't know how good it really is :sad2:), we always go in the off season so it has been very easy for us to get what we want at the 7 month mark, but soon we will probably have to start going to Disney during the more peak times since my oldest will be starting Jr. High next year. My DH is so reluctant to go during the Summer months because of the crowds, but if he hears this info, he may be more open to the idea.

I've been able to get into lots of other resorts at the 7 month mark now too compared to years ago. We have even been able to get OKW's GV at 7 months.

I hope my luck holds out when I want to make reservations for a GV at Aulani!

I think it's also a result of having more resorts, people have spread out. Plus I think some of the long time members are trying new things. For example, I did not have a trip to WDW this year, I went to DL twice.

I agree that the times have changed peoples vacation habits and such, but we too tried to get ressies at DVC resorts that we couldnt before in yrs past, and the last couple yrs, more available. I wonder if its because there is more inventory now with more resorts on the market. SSR and AKV have to have boosted the amount of available rooms by being so large.

I am a VWL owner, smallest DVC at WDW, and I remember there being so few rooms for folks at 7 mos window to get in past years. It was like a big deal to snag a room there at 7 mos. Now though, not uncommon for folks getting a room there at 5 mos.

I was able to snag a studio last January (2011) late in the month for the week AFTER Easter at VWL for my son (who was a College Program castmember last spring) and his girlfriend who went down to visit him for a few days.......that's a three month window!! When he asked for VWL....I told him I would try, but, was very doubtful at three months I could get it.....was I shocked when MS told me it was available!!

If I remember the last quarterly report correctly, park attendance has actually gone up slightly over the past year. Likewise, the revenue-per-room-night has also gone up for the cash resorts. However, the quarterly statements also have been very consistent in stating that the cash resorts are booking later than they used to---cash guests are not planning as far in advance.

People being people, I suspect the same trends are happening with DVC.

I was able to snag a studio last January (2011) late in the month for the week AFTER Easter at VWL for my son (who was a College Program castmember last spring) and his girlfriend who went down to visit him for a few days.......that's a three month window!! When he asked for VWL....I told him I would try, but, was very doubtful at three months I could get it.....was I shocked when MS told me it was available!!

I was able to switch my reservation in March at VWL to a 1br from a studio with no issues. This was last week!

I agree that the times have changed peoples vacation habits and such, but we too tried to get ressies at DVC resorts that we couldnt before in yrs past, and the last couple yrs, more available. I wonder if its because there is more inventory now with more resorts on the market. SSR and AKV have to have boosted the amount of available rooms by being so large.

I am a VWL owner, smallest DVC at WDW, and I remember there being so few rooms for folks at 7 mos window to get in past years. It was like a big deal to snag a room there at 7 mos. Now though, not uncommon for folks getting a room there at 5 mos.

I got a studio at VWL for mid October 2yrs ago at 3 months out, had a choice of BWV(pref. view) and BLT(Lake view) also. Went with VWL, as it's not an ABC choice of the rest of the family.

Went to book our first trip using points (July 2012) and wanted to stay at BCV but started trying to make a list of priority in case it wasn't available.

5 minutes later my wife had a booking at BCV for a studio.
Was this this morning by any chance? I canceled a BCV studio for July this morning around 9:15.

I got a studio at VWL for mid October 2yrs ago at 3 months out, had a choice of BWV(pref. view) and BLT(Lake view) also. Went with VWL, as it's not an ABC choice of the rest of the family.

I hope your good fortune doesn't result in me changing my mind again on the second half of our split stay this October. I have read the Epcot resorts are impossible to get at the 7 month mark during F&W.

I totally disagree with this...but it seems like BWV has been declining in popularity lately. I still think it is the most awesome resort!

However, parking can be a hot mess, partly because off-property people think that the Boardwalk is the perfect place to park to go to Epcot. :scared1:

I am at Disney now. Yesterday all 4 parks hit their max for the first time ever. Disney has remained healthy inspite of the economy.

I think it's because a bunch of great new DVCs built but not sold out (BLT, AKL, SSR, Hawaii.....)

I am hoping for a 1BR BCV in August...have to wait a few weeks before I can call. I own at AKV and while I love it there, BCV is more of a summer resort to me. We shall see.

I was able to snag 3 BWV-preferred studios at the 7 month mark and gave up 3 value studios at AKV so I hope I made 3 families really happy at their 7th month mark :yay: for my upcoming February trip. I am still new to DVC so I was surprised that I was able to get 3 rooms at the 7th month mark.

When I went in Sept (it was the end of the month right before Food and Wine) I booked it in June and was only able to get a standard studio at AKV. There were no other resorts open for the weekend at all. I was lucky to get the room I got. I do think that in the fall especially around Food and Wine is the hardest time to get a room and December as well.

Was this this morning by any chance? I canceled a BCV studio for July this morning around 9:15.

I think I got that!! I tried to book a Studio at BCV for early July at the 7 month mark and there was none. I got BWV and wait-listed BCV. Well I checked that afternoon and noticed that it came thru!! Thanks!! (sorry you had to cancel)

I'm relatively new to DVC myself but got into BCV at the 6 month out period. I was actually surprised and very happy. My kids are so excited about the pool in the summer.
I am also one of those people who wants to try out all of the resorts. Loved BLT (walking to MK). Our next trip is Boardwalk, could not get Boardwalk view. I did only call 2 months out so I was happy to get any room. Can't wait to stay there!
Now I am worried I can't get in to an Epcot resort in Fall during F&W, dang!

I have actually had the opposite experience. We choose to go in typically not crowded times and I have had quite a bit of problems getting reservations over the past couple of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter