Sign Choir

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
Has anyone had the opportunity to see a choir that signs? Lovers Lane Methodist Church in Dallas has a Sign Choir. Members of the choir are both hearing impaired and non-hearing impaired.

I've been to this church on Christmas Eve for the past two years. It is especially moving when the Sign Choir does Silent Night. It's a wonderful experience. All of their "singing" is done via signing.

Are there other deaf people who attend Lover's Lane or are they all im the choir? It's sort of trendy for choirs to sign because it's "pretty" but usually there are no deaf people in congregation.

Are there other deaf people who attend Lover's Lane or are they all im the choir? It's sort of trendy for choirs to sign because it's "pretty" but usually there are no deaf people in congregation.
It's one of their outreach ministries.
The Deaf Ministry is one of the newest focus ministry groups at Lovers Lane, a special ministry that has grown over the past three years into a vital spiritual connection for Deaf and hard of hearing persons in our community. At Lovers Lane, we are committed to helping those who seek the fellowship of a church family and weekly worship, yet feel separated from traditional services because of their communication needs. If you are seeking a church family and want to see God's word expressed in American Sign Language, our Deaf ministry offers you a warm welcome.
I always went to Highland Park Methodist when I lived in Dallas (many years), but all of my family now attend Lovers Lane (although they live in Flower Mound).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter