Sierra Tower 11th floor Room ?

churchlady

Mouseketeer
We leave this Friday for our 1st trip ever to DLR! (Can't wait to pick up our 1st visit button at Guest Relations or City Hall!) :cheer2: We have 4 nights and 3 days to spend. We are staying at DLH Concierge level, which I understand is in the Sierra Tower 11th floor. Anyone have some advice regarding a room with a good view? :confused: There are 5 in our family, with DD's princess: 9, princess: 12, & princess: 14, and we really don't know what to expect. They say you can view the fireworks from the Concierge lounge, but I understand the normal lounge is under renovations and we will be using suite 2957 as the lounge (and this is on the 11th floor?).

We plan MK on Sat. (only day for fireworks pixiedust: and Fantasmic :smickey: ) and think we will eat at the Rancho. We plan CA on Sun. and have a PS at Ariel's Grotto at 11:30 and a late dinner at Rainforest. Monday we will see a bit more of CA, and catch up on anything we missed. Anyone have any opinions on what is "not to be missed"?

I dont know about anyone else but I never spend a whole day in CA...I like to go over there when they open as it is rarely crowded and do soarin or TOT(a few thousand times) :rotfl2: and then if we have PS at AG I will do that and if its warm outside I will definitely do GRR but other than that I go back to DL and stay until a couple hours before CA closes and go ride TOT again another 1000 times and then go back to DL for fireworks or fantasmic or whatever :confused3 ...maybe with this new project on DCA I might want to stay longer on any given day but for right now :sad2:

churchlady said:
Monday we will see a bit more of CA, and catch up on anything we missed. Anyone have any opinions on what is "not to be missed"?

Make sure you take some time to go into the Animations Studio in CA (in the Hollywood backlot area). Besides "Turtle Talk with Crush," there are some really fun things to do in the Sorcerer's Workshop in there. You can record your own voices in a cartoon scene or song, and you get to take a quiz to see which Disney character you are most like.

My kids LOVE this area (and they are older TEENAGERS! :teeth: ) It's an especially good way to get out of the heat for a while, or to just have a little downtime out of the crowds.

actually, concierge is 10th and 11th floor of Sierra tower. We were there a few weeks ago, and unless something happened, they finished the renovations, and are back into the regular lounge. They had the lounge set up in the presidential suite during the remodel. Our room had a killer view, but we paid for DD view.

churchlady said:
They say you can view the fireworks from the Concierge lounge, but I understand the normal lounge is under renovations and we will be using suite 2957 as the lounge (and this is on the 11th floor?).

Well, I'm not sure what to recommend as a great view, but as a long time lover of the DLH concierge level, I can tell you that in order to determine your floor, you add the first two digits of your room number, so 2957 is indeed on the 11th floor. Enjoy your stay! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the hint on the room number digits, Gail! How clever! :thumbsup2

I also appreciate the park hopping advice, Lynn. I'm still in the WDW frame of mind so the idea of such close park proximity is exciting and new. :yay:

We leave this Friday. Now I'm wondering if the Concierge lounge is on the 10th or 11th floor. Guess I will see firsthand in a couple days! We've never done anything concierge before! :woohoo:

I'm guessing the room for 5 will be 2 doubles and a futon.

Thanks, Guys! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter