Sick on 19 Jan Magic Cruise

We were also on Deck7, room 7560
I'm pretty sure it was something we ate, since the three of us (two boys and myself) all started V & D within about an hour of each other.

Did anyone else go to the Disney Dreams matinee show on Thursday and have the milkshakes. (One of the few things that my wife did not have that the three of us did)

Tommorow when I go to work I'm stop by the travel agent and see if they can get an official response from DCL.

B

When people get the V and the D their first thought as to the cause is usually "food poisoning!" but the majority of the time it is just a nasty ole stomach virus.

Sue had the lobster and I tried it, but she had already been sick for a couple of days. She definitely started feeling bad after Tuesday (St. Maarten). By the end of the cruise, all she wanted to eat was macaroni and cheese, and even that was hard for her to keep down. She got over the V & D, but has since developed a sore throat and cough. She finally went to the doctor Saturday and ended up with a prescription for an antibiotic (amox-whatever). She mentioned to the doctor that I also was showing similar symptoms, so I'm now on the antibiotic as well. (Yike - Antibiotics prescribed without a doctor visit - I know that this is a bad idea, but my sore throat is much better since I started the medicine).

Did everyone that got sick attend the Castaway Club reception?

DS 6 sick on ship, DS 8, sick Monday after cruise, DH sick Thursday after cruise -and guess who is home sick today....me!!!
This virus is traveling fast and far. We did attend the Castaway Club reception but the kid's shyed away from the seafood, which myself and my DH ate and we wre fine until now, so I guess our's is a virus and not food. I always worried about catching something on planes due to the closed cabin, but ship's are more open with alot of interaction among the guests, expecially the kids in the clubs. We had little bottles of that hand sanitizer and used it too. Oh well, just happy we all were not affected by this during the cruise. I feel sorry for some of you that missed so much. Maybe Disney will reply, but I donot think they can control a virus.

We were on the 7 day cruise on 12/22 and all but one of us were sick for one day at least during the week. Our DS got sick the very first night so I don,t know if he got sick on the ship or brought the bug with him. He was sick the longest. My dw was down and out the second night and I got it on the third night. My DD never got it But we still enjoyed the week and would do it aging in a second.

My wife and I are on the DVC cruise in April on the Wonder and are looking forward to that.

:) :) :) :smooth:

3GuysandaMom
I did not see your post as today is the first day I ahve been on the computer at all since I got home Sat very sick.I posted a new thread about the 1-26 cruise . Have you got many respnonses I don't feel up to searching back a few days now I hope we all feel better soon. I am wondering how the new group is faring ??/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!