Sick on 19 Jan Magic Cruise

tyusik

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,
Did anybody else get sick (vomiting and diarrhea) on the Jan 19th Magic the last two days of the cruise.
Other than that and the water conditions at St. Martin, the cruise was wonderful.
Thanks
B

My daughter Emilee got sick on the cruise, but it was a high fever and double ear infection. Wed, Thurs, Fri................she didnt eat for three days.............Irish Cowboys son Billy was sick with something also. When we went to the doctor on board there were a lot of kids there and the DR said it had been a busy week.
The cruise was perfect otherwise.

After St. Maarten, my wife started having problems keeping her food down. We thought that it might have been something that she drank at Great Bay on St. Maarten or the rocking of the ship, and she never suspected anything else. She spent the rest of the cruise trying to avoid spicy foods.

It wasn't until we returned home that we heard about other people on the ship having similar problems.

Gretel is correct. My DS Billy (5) had a fever and ear infection that lasted about 24-36 hours. We visited the ship's medical center and they gave us some medicine/antibiotics. The medical staff was great! We were told that many children on board had been sick that week.

Even with my son's brief illness, we had a great time!

I got the V and the D on the Magic sailing October 20, 2001. Started later in the day on the day we were in St. Maarten. Had nothing to eat or drink off the ship after embarking. Bad enough that I saw the doctor on board. Totally missed St. Thomas / St. John. Pretty much slept through the whole day. Stomach was queezy on and off the rest of the cruise.

Going on western Caribbean sailing October 12, 2002.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi, we were on the 19th cruise also and had a little visit by the virus bug. We were lucky, it wasn't until Thursday that our 4 year old came down with the the vomiting and then a fever for 24 hours then switching to a real nice cold. Luckily, I travel with the whole darn medicine cabinet on vacation since we have 5 children and almost every vacation we are on, someone gets something. By Friday he was able to atleast get back to some kind of normal but I took three of the kids (4, 8 & l0 year olds) to Doctors at home on Monday sporting ear infections for all. Just get the "family size" of amoxicillin. Other than that bump in the road, it was an outstanding trip and we are in "cruise withdrawal". It was our first, and won't be our last.

Hummmm.....my 6 year old DS had the D on the 19th cruise....didn't think to much of it until reading this. This was not our first cruise but the first time one of us got sick like that.

Originally posted by spotssister
I got the V and the D ...

I'm sorry that you got sick on your cruise, but I was laughing so hard about the V..D.. I understand what it stood for, but without spelling out vomiting and the runs, it's just way to funny to have V and the D right after it. VD

Yikes...and I thought VD came Feb 14 !! :earseek:
Sorry for you all -
being sick on a cruise sure does not sound like fun!

Just back from the 1/26 cruise. I have a new thread on the same subject, after I saw yours. Yes, we all got the V & D. Terrible, terrible virus. Much pain involved. What a waste of what would have been a great vacation.

DD who is 5, ended up with it Thursday night but quickly recovered enough to make it to Castaway Cay about noon.......

Sorry to hear so many of you were sick. There is nothing worse than being sick on a vacation. I wasn't on that cruise and was never sick on our 4 day, but, I have to say that this post just made me laugh as I have had V and D all day today!! I guess that is why I read this thread!

Hope you are all feeling better now.

Hello,

We were also on the 01/19 cruise.

Me too, I got sick on fridaymorning ( Castaway Cay ). I think I had fever and also D. So I slept all day long and had to cancel Palo for the evening.

2 days later my wife had more or less the same symptoms. ( D & V )

We both ate the lobster tails on thursday evening and I kind of suspect that this had something to do with us becoming sick.
Anyone else that also ate the lobster and got sick ?

Greetings

I had the lobster that same night and it was wonderful. Fortunately, I had no signs of illness during or after my cruise.

Sue

I ate the lobster tails on Thursday night, 1-26 cruise. I also got the V & D on Friday. But.....my entire family was sick beginning on Tuesday, Wed and Thursday. It hit me Friday. I don't think it was the lobster for us. There was quite a virus going around.

Kajo - we both saw the same thing of Castaway Key - from our rooms!

What room was everyone in who got sick? We were in 7584....was it on one floor maybe?

Hmmmm...right down the hall on 7 and sick. Anyone else on Deck seven?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter