Shuttles to Port Canaveral from Universal or MCO

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

DH and I don't have drivers licenses and we are looking for a safe and affordable way to get to Port Canaveral after a Universal stay. We prefer shuttles and shared rides to taxi cabs.

We are currently contemplating two options:

A) Taking a shuttle from our Universal Hotel to the Airport and then another shuttle to PC.

B) Taking a shuttle from our Universal Hotel to PC (which would most likely be much more expensive).

What would be your recommendation? How do you travel from your Universal hotel to PC?

Thanks in advance!

We booked our round trip transportation with Tony Hinds - if you google him, you'll find his web site. He has drivers that work for him as well. Its a private vehicle, so no sharing like you would on a shuttle. He picked us up from the airport and took us to our Universal hotel. A few days later, he picked us up from our Universal hotel and took us to Port Canaveral. At the end of our cruise, he picked us up in Port Canaveral and took us to the airport. Everything was smooth and the price was decent. He even offered to stop to pick up wine for our cruise if we wanted! Lots recommend him on these forums.

We booked our round trip transportation with Tony Hinds - if you google him, you'll find his web site. He has drivers that work for him as well. Its a private vehicle, so no sharing like you would on a shuttle. He picked us up from the airport and took us to our Universal hotel. A few days later, he picked us up from our Universal hotel and took us to Port Canaveral. At the end of our cruise, he picked us up in Port Canaveral and took us to the airport. Everything was smooth and the price was decent. He even offered to stop to pick up wine for our cruise if we wanted! Lots recommend him on these forums.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Can you define "decent" (price)? :)

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the recommendation.

Can you define "decent" (price)? :)

Thanks in advance!

Our total price for all the transfers was $300 (plus tip). This was two years ago and I don't know what method he uses to figure out pricing, so your quote may vary.

We had 4 people, but he charges a flat rate rather than per person. I found the price to be slightly less than what a taxi or town car service would charge. If you just need a transfer from Universal to Port Canaveral, it would obviously be less.

We are currently contemplating two options:

A) Taking a shuttle from our Universal Hotel to the Airport and then another shuttle to PC.

B) Taking a shuttle from our Universal Hotel to PC (which would most likely be much more expensive).
I'm not familiar with shuttle options between Universal and the airport but unless its free, I would think the single Universal to PC trip would wind up being less expensive that two separate shuttles.

I'm not familiar with shuttle options between Universal and the airport but unless its free, I would think the single Universal to PC trip would wind up being less expensive that two separate shuttles.

I don't see anything under 150$ one way for 2 when I look at direct shuttles. :/

Which is why I was thinking about going for Option A.

Last edited:
I don't see anything under 150$ one way for 2 when I look at direct shuttles. :/

Which is why I was thinking about going for Option A.

Email Tony, who I mentioned above, for a price quote. Our three-leg trip with him was $300 total, so I have to assume he charges less than $150 each way between Port Canaveral. But it's worth an email.

Keep in mind that Port Canaveral is an hour's drive. I'm not sure how much shared shuttles cost, but a shared shuttle will add to the time it takes to get there. I'd weigh the extra time spent against any cost savings and decide from there.

Another vote for Tony's service. We used him last year from the Grand Floridian Villas to the port and then from the port back to MCO and I believe it was $280. We are using him again this year. Loved his service and yes the large van for 2 of us was overkill but this year there will be 4 of us and we will split the charge between 2 couples but as I said DH and I paid it last year when it was the 2 of us (it was our 25th anniversary).

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking for a similar transfer situation. MCO to Universal. Universal to Port Canaveral. Then Port back to MCO. Would Tony do this for five people?

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking for a similar transfer situation. MCO to Universal. Universal to Port Canaveral. Then Port back to MCO. Would Tony do this for five people?

We had Tony give is a quote for this similar itinerary (except it was to wdw post cruise not MCO). At the time he quoted 330$. I know his prices have gone up but not sure how much.

We were originally quoted 60$ for one way to universal from mco but has since gone to 75$.

He quotes a total price not per person. And that doesnt include gratuity.

We booked shuttles with Universal between the hotel and the airport (I would probably not recommend it for 5 people).

Then we used Go Port Canaveral between the airport and the port for 15$/pp each way.

We booked shuttles with Universal between the hotel and the airport (I would probably not recommend it for 5 people).

Then we used Go Port Canaveral between the airport and the port for 15$/pp each way.

Thank you! Wow. $15pp each way is a great price! I'll look into that. I wish Universal had the same system as Disney with their transportation :p It makes it so much harder to commit to visiting Universal, haha. If it wasn't for my kids being obsessed with Harry Potter I'd happily skip it. I wonder if we should just look at a car rental for the Universal portion!?

Thank you! Wow. $15pp each way is a great price! I'll look into that. I wish Universal had the same system as Disney with their transportation :p It makes it so much harder to commit to visiting Universal, haha. If it wasn't for my kids being obsessed with Harry Potter I'd happily skip it. I wonder if we should just look at a car rental for the Universal portion!?

Car rental... or a cab? I believe it's about 75$ each way to and from the airport?

Okay, this looks great! I think we'll book that for our Port Canaveral transfers and just book the Universal transfers for our hotel portion.

Yes - his vans hold up to 12 people I believe.

We did the same itinerary (MCO-Universal-Port Canaveral-MCO) and he charged us a flat $300. This was in 2018, so definitely possible prices have gone up since then. Perhaps the extra $30 in PP's quote was because they went to WDW post-cruise rather than MCO.

Yes - his vans hold up to 12 people I believe.

We did the same itinerary (MCO-Universal-Port Canaveral-MCO) and he charged us a flat $300. This was in 2018, so definitely possible prices have gone up since then. Perhaps the extra $30 in PP's quote was because they went to WDW post-cruise rather than MCO.

Thank you! Did you find that to be a good itinerary? Versus doing Universal AFTER the cruise? We're from the West Coast.

Thank you! Did you find that to be a good itinerary? Versus doing Universal AFTER the cruise? We're from the West Coast.

We enjoyed doing it this way. Its always advisable to arrive into town at least a day or two before your cruise anyhow, so we thought it would make the most sense to do Universal first because of this. We also find we have more energy at the start of our trips, so Universal is definitely better when you're fresh and full of energy. At the end of the cruise, we were beat and were able to head straight to the airport and be home by 3pm which was nice.

We enjoyed doing it this way. Its always advisable to arrive into town at least a day or two before your cruise anyhow, so we thought it would make the most sense to do Universal first because of this. We also find we have more energy at the start of our trips, so Universal is definitely better when you're fresh and full of energy. At the end of the cruise, we were beat and were able to head straight to the airport and be home by 3pm which was nice.
Good call. Thanks for your thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter