Showing up with 1 extra for dinner?

lark

DIS Veteran
So, we have a reservation for Ohana for 1A and 2C. We would now like to add an adult. Naturally, it's solidly booked at this point.

I'll keep trying every now and again to add one by calling in, but assuming we can't make the change, has anyone had any success getting a restaurant to squeeze an extra person in? Three to four seems like it might be possible given that parties of 3 are often put at tables for 4. Or will they simply treat it as us having no ADR at all and put us in the queue for those without ADRs? If the latter, we'll probably just have to tell the extra adult (me!) "sorry charlie" since the Poly will be a bit of a haul for us that day so I'd just stay at our resort.

We were a party of ten at Biergarten for dinner, when my cousin showed up - totally unexpected and asked the waitress for a chair to stick at the end of the long table . . . I was mortified. Turns out, it was no big deal - waitress was completely unfazed and dinner was great! (Especially since my cousin was a cast member and got us a nice discount : )

From 3 to 4 is most likely no problem at all - it's nice to try to do it right and I commend your efforts!!! :yay:

If its going from 3 to 4 i dont think it is a problem. I cant see you losing your reservation over one additional person which can fit at the table. I say just go and take it from there.

Since tables in restaurants are set up in twos - two-tops, four-tops, six-tops, etc. It is much easier to go from three to four, five to six, etc.

We once ended up with 5 instead of 4 for tea and were accomodated with no problem, and the seating there is limited, you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks all. After looking off and on, on the web site, a reservation for 4 popped up today, so I grabbed it and cancelled the one for 3. Figure better safe than sorry. Again, thanks for the help!

We have gone from a party of 4 (2A, 2C) to a party of 5 (3A, 2C) and I'm unable to change two of our ADRs. Le Cellier & Crystal Palace. Do you think we should even attempt to get in with the extra person? The CP ADR is at 8:05am so if they don't let us in, we'll have an hour to kill before the park even opens & have empty bellies to start the day.

We have gone from a party of 4 (2A, 2C) to a party of 5 (3A, 2C) and I'm unable to change two of our ADRs. Le Cellier & Crystal Palace. Do you think we should even attempt to get in with the extra person? The CP ADR is at 8:05am so if they don't let us in, we'll have an hour to kill before the park even opens & have empty bellies to start the day.

Crystal Palace you'll probably be OK, especially if you get there a good 15 minutes ahead of time - they're always busy, but not slammed unless you're going on a holiday. Le Cellier probably not going to work--it's VERY tight quarters in there & the tables are already quite small (4 at a 4-top is barely enough room for the 4 place settings) Don't think they'd consider trying to put 5 at a square table for 4. Only have a few bigger tables in there & sure they're solidly booked. You might just want to change the Le Cellier one now...Les Chefs is good (not as good as Le Cellier, though;))

CP you may be ok
Last Oct we were traveling with another family, the only ARD's they had were the group ones I had made. They were going to wing the rest:scared1:

we had planned some days apart but one of their wing it days they asked if they could tag along to CP, I said fine but just so she knew there was very little chance they would be able too it maybe totally booked,
So we got there and asked, told the CM if it couldn't be done it was no problem we figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, but they were able to add the 4 extra people to our ADR,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter