Show your wooden Musket Mickey sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWFebruary2012243_zps05106601.jpg
This is awesome!!!

Any recommendations on the height you hand your signs. Do you bring your own stands to campgrounds or is there a spot on the front post?

Any recommendations on the height you hand your signs. Do you bring your own stands to campgrounds or is there a spot on the front post?

Ajmullin,

Here is my sign at the Fort. I use two of the mid-height plant hooks that you can get at Home Depot in the garden center.

Bama Ed

PS - welcome to the DIS Camping Board :welcome: :disrocks:

We just received our sign, and it is FANTASTIC! The quality is even better than I had imagined. We like it so much we're hanging it in our house! We went with the double-sided......

IMG_4796.JPG IMG_4799.JPG

Luv2Camp, I LOVE your sign. The colors are so vibrant and they LEAP out at the viewer.

I realize you can't get a 3-sided sign (and get MM too) but I love the Chip & Dale artwork.

Thanks for showing it - it's very creative and hopefully will give people ideas.

Bama Ed

Please, if you could, I would love to get the info on ordering one of these signs. My Parents stay there all the time. It would make a great anniversary gift!

If you hang it outside a lot, be sure to spray it with a protectant to keep it safe from the elements and fading. :)

Please, if you could, I would love to get the info on ordering one of these signs. My Parents stay there all the time. It would make a great anniversary gift!

GrumpyShawn,

This thread is only for showing off your Musket Mickey signs (or totally custom sign like the one Luv2Camp got).

We have a thread here for making requests for the sign info https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...ead-starting-2017-please-read-post-1.3583032/

I don't want to be hunting all over the DIS for sign requests because I might miss one so to make it easy for me, I monitor the sign linked above and send the info out based on the requests there. I don't check all DIS Camping threads all the time (even this one) and don't want someone to be disappointed so the thread linked above is the way to get the info.

Thanks, Bama Ed

It looks great, morrik5. The picture is full size across and big. Not a thing wrong with if from my point of view.

It's neat that you went with the long rv in your sign and the one before you, Luv2Camp, went with a small trailer on the right. Shows the variety available.

Bama Ed

PS - for others reading, if you use the "Upload a File" option for a picture, make sure you choose the "full image" option bubble after you do so it appears full size as long as you are logged into the DIS.

What are your suggestions everyone, for where you purchase the shepherd's hooks for displaying at the campground or what do you use to hang on the front of your RV? Does the wind catch it when it's hanging off your RV front? Thanks.

Got ours today at Lowe's - 40" high - can't wait to use it for the first time this summer.

Ajmullin, the sign looks great!

And that was cutting it close, too. 8 days - glad it didn't take any longer.

But those coats your kids are wearing in the picture? Hopefully you won't need those on your trip to sunny Central Florida. :beach:

Enjoy your Fort visit and thanks for sharing the picture.

Bama Ed

Love seeing all of these signs! We've had ours for a few years now and it still looks like new! I'll have to get a picture next time we camp. We get so many comments and people walking by who stop and ask us about it (or better yet, stop to chat about how great FW is!) It's hands down my favorite camping decoration!

Go ours and its BEAUTIFUL! Can't show it off yet because it's a gift for my parents. What should we spray it with to protect it from humidity down here in FL?

Thomson or Rustolem makes a wood sealer. We got one for our "Name" sign (at our house) that we bought at a local fair. You probably need to spray it once a year.

Alternatively, you could "Polyurethane" it but I think that would be a LOT of work. It would, however last MUCH MUCH longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!