• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we try the cruise?

Paula H

Mouseketeer
This is my first time on the cruise forum, but DH and I are DVC members and frequently seek advice on the DVC board. We're considering a cruise for the first week of December, 2004 - our DD would be 5 1/2 and our son would 1 week shy of 3. We have some questions -

Are the kids a good age to do the cruise with or should we wait another year?

Are the ships decorated for the holidays and are there any special events for the holidays?

We'd probably drive to Florida - would we be able to park at the "dock" area and safely leave our car there?
What are some alternatives?

Would cruise veterans recommend the 3 or 4 day or a 7 day with kids these ages - I personally favor the 7 day, but DH thinks the 4 day and then a few nights at VWL.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

Should we try the cruise?

YES!!!

You should do the 7 day. The kids will be the perfect ages, as long as the almost three is potty trained and you can get him into the kids club. 4 days will not be enough.....7 is not enough for me!! The parking at the port is secured, so you don't have to worry about the car at all. From what I have heard the ship is decorated for Christmas right after Thanksgiving, so you should be good with that. Not sure about special things for Christmas offered on board though. I am going the week after Christmas this year and can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter