Should We Try Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas

katyjeka

DIS Veteran
We have been visiting Orlando for over twenty years and enjoy staying offsite. We discovered Bonnet Creek several years ago and have never looked anywhere else. We love it!!! We are planning a extended family stay and my sister informed us over the weekend that she can get us a 2 BDR for 67.00 a night with her employee rate at the Sheraton. I'm not familiar with the resort and would love opinions. I understand it is old but has it been refurbished? Is it an easy drive to WDW.. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

We have been visiting Orlando for over twenty years and enjoy staying offsite. We discovered Bonnet Creek several years ago and have never looked anywhere else. We love it!!! We are planning a extended family stay and my sister informed us over the weekend that she can get us a 2 BDR for 67.00 a night with her employee rate at the Sheraton. I'm not familiar with the resort and would love opinions. I understand it is old but has it been refurbished? Is it an easy drive to WDW.. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

There is a great thread devoted to SVR that you would probably find helpful - https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/

Thank you for asking this question. I read thru the SVR thread all day yesterday on my 12 hr drive from KY. I'm a WBC fan. Love it. But I stumbled upon the SVR thread and now I'm intrigued. Do I stick with what I know, WBC or save about $100 and try SVR?

Has anyone stayed in both and can share the pros and cons? Or are they more the same than different?

I'm not a loyalist and don't mind trying different places in Orlando.

O and money is not an issue. I had already planned $750 for WBC.

Distance from Disney is pretty similar. The resorts are 2 miles apart as the crow flies. Vistana Resort has great access to the parks via World Center Drive. Maybe one or two more traffic lights than from WBC.

The resort styles are very different. WBC is a cluster of tall hotel style buildings with inside corridors and large surface lots. SVR is a villa type resort with a couple of hundred(ish) buildings on 135 acres. Parking in most sections is at or near your door. There are no inner corridors. Buildings are 2 to 5 stories high, with elevators in buildings over 3 stories (Lakes and Cascades sections). Anytime i have seen the two compared it is the building configuration that seems to make the biggest difference. Vistana does not have any 3BR configuration villas.

I like the space that Vistana offers and the amenities and dining options are to our liking. Vistana does not have a pirate ship or lazy river. Vistana has 7 pools of varying sizes. That means there is generally something for everyone. We are March break travelers and can find a quiet pool for adults, safer pools for smaller kids, and active pools for teens. Vistana also has lots of (13) tennis courts, basketball courts, play areas, beach volleyball courts, shuffleboard, and mini-putt.

From a quality perspective, I can't compare the two directly - we own at Vistana and Silver Lake so have never needed to stay elsewhere in Orlando - but we have stayed at several Wyndham timeshares elsewhere in the US and I would say that Sheraton is a cut above Wyndham on the whole. Actually the Wyndhams I have stayed at remind me more of Silver Lake for quality. Quality is highly subjective, and to me that is usually about fit and finish, bedding and linen quality, things like that. I have had exemplary (and lousy) service at both timeshare chains so I don't put that into my rating quite as much (any worker can be having a bad day).

To answer "should we try it" I can only say yes, if you think the differences won't bother you and you are open to trying something new. We love Vistana and it feels like home to us. Sounds to me like WBC feels like home to you. Vistana IS going to different from that. Not bad different, but different.

Thx bankr63 for the in depth comparison. It gives me a lot to consider.

That is a great rate, We stay at the sister location of the Sheraton vistana on I drive. I love them we wouldn't stay anywhere else. I pay 650 for a two bedroom for a week. there is a thread of the two on here if you want more info.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try to find time to read through the many pages.

We LOVE SVR and I just booked our 4th stay in two years for the first week of September!

The rate you posted is really good and I would jump on it, if it were me. For reference, purchasing a "get away" through our timeshare can range from $600-$750 for the times of year we like to go. (Spring and Fall) I just got a two bedroom get away for $594, all taxes included. Last September I got a one bedroom for $399 through skyauction. There are good deals out there, but you have to look. (Not you OP, you got the best deal for a two bedroom that I've seen!)

As @bankr63 mentioned, it is different than WBC (although I've never stayed there personally) but that's not a bad thing. I've stayed at different timeshare resorts around WDW property and before the Sheraton Vistana became my favorite, we stayed the Marriott timeshares and I would say SVR is very comparable to the Marriotts. Very upscale feel, tons of room, great location, no daily resort, parking or wifi fee, several pools, bars/restaurants, daily activities, not a hotel feel at all.

Definitely check out the SVR thread, especially the last few pages to get an idea of recent experiences. I posted pictures of our units in Fountains 2 and Lakes sections and there are lots of other pictures of the other sections also.

I have stayed at both multiple times. Personally I prefer WBC but SVR has some pluses as well such as where you park your car since we drive to parks from those places. We choose SVR when we can save a minimum of $250 vs WBC, and usually it's over $300. Anything less than that I would choose WBC. Every time I have stayed at SVR it's been in a 2 bedroom for under $70 per night. At WBC I have stayed in one and two bedrooms - depends on how many of us are going.

The biggest and simplest definition I can give you is that architecturally WBC looks like a resort/hotel while SVR is like condo/apartment complex. WBC is high walkability without ever going out by cars while SVR is spread out and you traverse parking lots and cars to get where you want .... and we found most pools were not walking distance for us. They are both well decorated but we like the furnishings in SVR better, but due to the upward tower at WBC vs under tree growth found at SVR .... WBC is brighter and more cheerful. Both offer in house dining options but we use the kitchen if we are staying in for a meal. Driving from WBC is much easier than SVR, but SVR is not difficult at all. WBC can only be accessed from Disney property so you feel like you are on property, SVR is cornered in at I-4 and 535 ... but the plus is quick access to offsite dining and shopping.

I would gladly stay at both. The decision maker is that SVR has to save me at least $250 and it has to be a park-centric trip. The best suggestion I can make is to pour over the photographs of both to compare to see what clicks for you.

Thx hopperfan for your view. I'm strongly leaning towards WBC. Just cause I Like It. I'm not seeing any huge differences. Just like cruising on the mass market. Im a big time cruiser. My fav is RCCL but I've cruised on 4 different cruise lines. Each has it's on flair but they're more alike than different.

Anyway I'm in a good position. Hoping prices fall after the 60 day mark. I don't believe it will be crowded in Sept. I'm not a star wars fan. I'm hoping everyone is at HS during my stay. LOL!! I would love to ride FOP multiple times while everyone is at HS for SW.

I have stayed at both multiple times. Personally I prefer WBC but SVR has some pluses as well such as where you park your car since we drive to parks from those places. We choose SVR when we can save a minimum of $250 vs WBC, and usually it's over $300. Anything less than that I would choose WBC. Every time I have stayed at SVR it's been in a 2 bedroom for under $70 per night. At WBC I have stayed in one and two bedrooms - depends on how many of us are going.

The biggest and simplest definition I can give you is that architecturally WBC looks like a resort/hotel while SVR is like condo/apartment complex. WBC is high walkability without ever going out by cars while SVR is spread out and you traverse parking lots and cars to get where you want .... and we found most pools were not walking distance for us. They are both well decorated but we like the furnishings in SVR better, but due to the upward tower at WBC vs under tree growth found at SVR .... WBC is brighter and more cheerful. Both offer in house dining options but we use the kitchen if we are staying in for a meal. Driving from WBC is much easier than SVR, but SVR is not difficult at all. WBC can only be accessed from Disney property so you feel like you are on property, SVR is cornered in at I-4 and 535 ... but the plus is quick access to offsite dining and shopping.

I would gladly stay at both. The decision maker is that SVR has to save me at least $250 and it has to be a park-centric trip. The best suggestion I can make is to pour over the photographs of both to compare to see what clicks for you.
Thanks for your help. We really love Bonnet Creek. We stayed back in the day when they had only a couple buildings and have never been disappointed. We may pay a little more and stay with them again.

Hi, I just stayed at the Vistana Villas two weeks ago. I did put up a small review on the thread. We loved the resort. It had everything we wanted and a great location. My family can't wait to stay here again.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/page-98

My review is the last post.

Good luck with your choice.

Thanks so much. Great pictures. I didn't realize we would get housekeeping. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
You're welcome. Yes they give you an option. They will either give you 2 vouchers for 4 days for the breakfast buffet or points if you are a rewards member. They offered me the breakfast vouchers but it wouldn't cover the 4 of us. I believe it is 25.00 per person. I am glad that I had housekeeping. They were very good.

Thank you we did and will be back there in the future.

I agree 100% . We prefer WBC, but SVR wins out if there is a significant cost savings. Otherwise, it's WBC all the way because the resort is compact and easy to navigate, closer to WDW and just has more of a resort feel than SVR.

Last edited:
You're welcome. Yes they give you an option. They will either give you 2 vouchers for 4 days for the breakfast buffet or points if you are a rewards member. They offered me the breakfast vouchers but it wouldn't cover the 4 of us. I believe it is 25.00 per person. I am glad that I had housekeeping. They were very good.

Thank you we did and will be back there in the future.

Was this because you booked direct in a hotel/per night reservation. I have stayed several times booking as a week long stay and have never been offered ANYTHING.

Just thinking perks depend on how you book ... which is understandable.

Was this because you booked direct in a hotel/per night reservation. I have stayed several times booking as a week long stay and have never been offered ANYTHING.

Hi I don't know for sure why I was offered it. I think you could be right because I booked it right through them and they treat it like a regular hotel reservation where you get daily housekeeping. I was thinking that the timeshare bookings wouldn't get the full housekeeping service. I don't have one so am not sure, just my guess.

I did like the opportunity to decline it though.

Hi I don't know for sure why I was offered it. I think you could be right because I booked it right through them and they treat it like a regular hotel reservation where you get daily housekeeping. I was thinking that the timeshare bookings wouldn't get the full housekeeping service. I don't have one so am not sure, just my guess.

I did like the opportunity to decline it though.
As I've posted before, I've stayed here three times in the past year and a half and each time have had a once-during-the-week housekeeping. Two times were through Interval (timeshare co) and once through skyauction (also considered timeshare booking). We're staying here again at the end of August next month through Interval again and offered housekeeping once during our week. I've never been offered a choice of a "breakfast" over housekeeping. ????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter