• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we fly American Airlines or Continental?

P

Pkdcoastrs

Hello,

We just started planning our trip to California! We are looking at airfare and rates are pretty much the same for American and Continental. Now for anyone who usually flies a lot (and flies these airlines), could you reccomend one over the other? We are flying out of Newark (EWR), NJ ..... if there are any NJ people.

Thank you.

Are they both flying in to the same airport? LAX? Orange County? (Like most, I recommend Orange County over LAX if its available and fares are reasonable.)
I'm hardly an expert, but I would chose American, even though I've heard Continental has been rating pretty high in customer satisfaction lately. I flew Continental on a round trip from California to Texas several years ago and hated it! Old planes, delays, missed connections. I've never had any problems with American. That's just my opinion...

If you book through Disneyland.com, I believe there is a special right now that kids are free. I do not remember the time frame for this special, but if you are going soon, look into it.

Have a great day

John
:wave:

Of the two airlines, I would recommend Continental. We have stopped flying American due to lack of customer service and the fact that we always have to go through DFW and have been delayed due to weather more times there than any other city (even Atlanta). Continental has been wonderful since they started serving our airport and we use them when flying west whenever we can.

Those are the only 2 airlines that fly within 50 miles of me. Definitely recommend Continental-DH has had lots of experience with them (VERY FF), all positive.

We are flying continental out of newark in July. Prefer this airline. We booked months ago $306.70 if I remember correctly.

Well we just booked!

The great news is that because of the credit card we had, we were able to get TWO FREE airline tickets! The only available airline was American Airlines, so we are flying that! We had to buy one additional ticket for my dad and it came to $390 with fees! I know that's not hte best rate, but for a direct flight being booked this close to the end of July it's pretty good I guess!

Now we have to do car rental and a hotel in LA :)

Mike

.... saving $600 on airfare sure does make this trip seem that much better!

Pkdcoastrs said:
The great news is that because of the credit card we had, we were able to get TWO FREE airline tickets!
For free tickets I'd probably give AA another shot as well, but may I ask which card you had to use and what the offer was that gave you two free tickets?

poohj80 said:
For free tickets I'd probably give AA another shot as well, but may I ask which card you had to use and what the offer was that gave you two free tickets?

Chase Visa ..... Chase Rewards program. :)

poohj80 said:
I assume you have been earning points when you use this card and those points are good for airline tix?

Yep, exactly! While it took whatever amount of years ( and $$$$ LOL) to get those points ...it still feels good to get something back out of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter