Should we book a Cabana for our honeymoon?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I've never booked a Cabana before and I know they are a pretty hot commodity. I'll be sailing in Concierge so I'm pretty sure we'd get one if we requested. What are the benefits of having one? Since it's our honeymoon we'd definitely be at the adult beach. Would it be romantic to get one?

SHould you get one? If you can afford it, probably. They are really convenient. But, as others have implied, don't plan on engaging in any "honeymoon activities" in it -- they aren't private, and the changing area is a corner that can be screened off for one person standing.

What do you get with the Cabana? When we went to Castaway Cay we hung out in the water or on the beach, so I'm not sure if it's beneficial to us. I wouldn't want to take one away from someone who'd really want it. But I doubt we'll be sailing in concierge for a long time so it's probably our last shot at getting one.

Hey FSU girl - congratulations! :)

I agree with others - if its not a deal breaker then go ahead. Its a special perk for a special trip! IMO it would make the island a bit more private and more "resort-ish". No sharing and rushing... And since its probably a 1 off event... take advantage of it!

What do you get with the Cabana? When we went to Castaway Cay we hung out in the water or on the beach, so I'm not sure if it's beneficial to us. I wouldn't want to take one away from someone who'd really want it. But I doubt we'll be sailing in concierge for a long time so it's probably our last shot at getting one.

In order of likely relevance to a honeymooning couple:
1) semi-private room.
2) hammock.
3) private changing area on the island.
4) Safe on the island.
5) refrigerator.
6) Drink service to your location.
7) rentals included.

With only two people it's less "worthwhile" than with a bigger group, but it could easily be worth it for a once in a lifetime honeymoon trip.

In order of likely relevance to a honeymooning couple:
1) semi-private room.
2) hammock.
3) private changing area on the island.
4) Safe on the island.
5) refrigerator.
6) Drink service to your location.
7) rentals included.

With only two people it's less "worthwhile" than with a bigger group, but it could easily be worth it for a once in a lifetime honeymoon trip.
Thanks! This list is really helpful. For rentals included is that like bikes and snorkeling gear? We love snorkeling and biking so this could be a great benefit. Especially with a place to change since those two activities require different types of clothing.

My biggest thing to think about with the snorkeling and biking is...

How much time are you going to be out for those activities? Renting that equipment individually is infinitely less expensive than a cabana. If you’re going to be out doing stuff most of the day, that is a LOT of money to pay for someplace to put your bag.

We had one - my parents and I - in Feb and it was a godsend for us because my dad was awaiting hip replacement surgery so having the golf cart to and from was essential for him. I doubt we would have been on the island long at all without that. But outside of that, we didn’t find it something necessary to enjoy the island - and we DID stay at it most of the day.

My biggest thing to think about with the snorkeling and biking is...

How much time are you going to be out for those activities? Renting that equipment individually is infinitely less expensive than a cabana. If you’re going to be out doing stuff most of the day, that is a LOT of money to pay for someplace to put your bag.

We had one - my parents and I - in Feb and it was a godsend for us because my dad was awaiting hip replacement surgery so having the golf cart to and from was essential for him. I doubt we would have been on the island long at all without that. But outside of that, we didn’t find it something necessary to enjoy the island - and we DID stay at it most of the day.
Hmm that's a good point. I'm not sure we'd find it worth it, but it's probably the last time we'll have a chance to actually get one. We haven't tried the snorkeling or biking there yet, the last two times we just relaxed at the beach.

Hmm that's a good point. I'm not sure we'd find it worth it, but it's probably the last time we'll have a chance to actually get one. We haven't tried the snorkeling or biking there yet, the last two times we just relaxed at the beach.

Relaxing at the beach is all I do (last time being the exception) and I have never felt deprived. :D

FWIW - Especially if you are looking for Serenity Bay it is not always a lost cause. I booked ours Presidents Week on the Magic as a Silver.

We had one for our honeymoon-as well as our Remy dinner and the couples' villa spa experience. Those three things were very nice to have for a honeymoon but ended up being "one and done" type of experiences (maybe someday with a big family group we'd get a cabana on the family beach...maybe).

I don't think any were "necessary" for a nice honeymoon trip but since we could, we did. Honestly we used the floaties in the water and the hammock by the cabana and enjoyed the cooler of drinks but have enjoyed every other non cabana CC visit almost as much (and obviously for much less).

If you have the money, then sure, why not?

Yes.

And get #25 on Serenity Bay if you can. It's the one who will feel the most "private" (but like other say, don't use it for the honeymoon fun LOL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter