Should they build a theme park in Africa?

I would go if they did :) But I would much prefer one in Australia!

I wonder, how would it promote conservation when they have to buy a place in nature where there are no buildings/people and plant down an entire theme park? It's like the irony of the movie The Circle of Life in Epcot.

I wonder if there is a country in Africa, where the people who are brought up with Disney to justify a theme park. South Africa maybe, they do have Disney on Ice and I know the musical of Beauty and the Beast has been staged there.

Disneyland Paris is the closest for most African countries, some of them have a connection with France due to the colonies, but I don't believe these countries flock to go to DLP.

I wonder, how would it promote conservation when they have to buy a place in nature where there are no buildings/people and plant down an entire theme park? It's like the irony of the movie The Circle of Life in Epcot.

I wonder if there is a country in Africa, where the people who are brought up with Disney to justify a theme park. South Africa maybe, they do have Disney on Ice and I know the musical of Beauty and the Beast has been staged there.

Disneyland Paris is the closest for most African countries, some of them have a connection with France due to the colonies, but I don't believe these countries flock to go to DLP.

Totally agreed. It doesn't really promote conservation when they are ripping up part of the country to build a huge theme park as such.

There is such a thing as land that's already been developed in Africa. You make it sound as if the only way to build in Africa is to use some nearly unspoiled land.

How would a Disney theme park promote conservation?

I think there would be too many problems with political/religious instability and disease in many parts of Africa for Disney to deal with, and I think the population in general is too poor to be able to sustain a Disney resort. Africa is expensive to visit, and the people who go there generally do so for the wildlife, and possibly culture, not for anything like a theme park experience.

I wouldn't EVER see that becoming a thing. Besides it not really promoting environment like pp's have said, there's also the fact that the population wouldn't be able to afford it, travel to Africa is warned against most days now, and it's not really a stable place. Shanghai had enough troubles getting opened as is, I couldn't imagine the gong show an Africa park would be!

I think unfortunately we won't see that in the foreseeable future. Many countries in Africa are facing so much unrest right now that I can't see many people having the money and/or ability to travel to a Disney Park. For the handful that do they would probably be able to just go to Disneyland Paris. I would think that long before we see an African Park we will see a park in Australia. Australians would be likely give a park a lot more traffic than an African park would get and they are also completely cut off, so they have to take a relatively long flight to get to any Disney Park, with Hong Kong probably being the closest for them. Like others have said, I couldn't see many countries in Africa as they stand currently being willing or able to support a Disney Park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter