should I take my laptop?

Tinker Bell

BWV 2001
Hi. I am staying at BWV starting on Sunday. Do Disney hotels, the Boardwalk in particular, offer a way for guests to get on the internet -- those who don't bring a computer?

Thanks a bunch!!!:smooth:

We always bring ours and just use the phone to dial out. It's very slow, but you can eventually do what you want to do. If you access this site from one of the resorts I would recommend that you go to the User CP and turn off signatures and pictures before going on vacation.

There are spots for computer access but expensive. We bring our laptops and use the phone line, making sure to change the access phone number to a local one. The hotel operator can help you figure out which number is really considered local for their billing.

my cousins brought one last time they left and they barely touched it - i dont' think you really need it - theres not alot of time for it - but if you want to bring it - its quite easy

I've taken mine the last two times but barely used it. I was so tired when we get back to the rooms that I was never in much of a mood to surf.

I brought my laptop last month when we stayed at the Contemporary. I never could get it to access the Internet at all. The phone system just never worked right with my laptop. I connected the laptop to the phone and added the settings needed (like dialing 8 and then the number or something). I wasted repeated local calls (at .75 cents a call) to try to access my service provider (At&t) but never could actually get the modem to work. Oh well! :rolleyes:

I just got the laptop so perhaps I just didn't know what I was doing! :)

We take ours. We'll get on the internet for extra info, news, etc. I also keep my WDW information files on it. After a day at the parks, I'll empty my digital camera pics onto it. It's worth the trouble for us. The one thing that's a pain is the 75 cent charge for connecting to an ISP. If the connection flubs, you have to pay to reconnect. That can be annoying.

I usually bring mine, but only because I am responsible for the web site of a Fortune 500 company, and if anything goes wrong while I'm gone, I might have to fix it.

In all honesty, most of the time it just sits in the safe the entire trip. If I didn't have to bring it, I'd leave it at home.

This summer we're doing WDW and the Magic, and the laptop is definitelys taying home. I will probably check e-mail from the cruise though :)

Anne

I enjoy bringing mine, and using it almost daily to check weather and keep up with business in the evenings after the kids go to sleep.

The .75 phone call charge is a pain; I personally have learned to use a calling card and get the laptop setup properly at home befor I leave to minimize the number of calls I need to make from the room. I've actually gotten pretty decent (40K plus) connection rates with my MN ISP via long distance.

Also, some of the resorts (the WL comes to mind) have special phone booths in the lobby with jacks and even desks where I think you could make an 800# phone card call for free, or for a smaller connection charge.

We brought Holly's laptop on our last trip. We originally wanted it to watch a movie on the flight but we found it more useful for downloading pics from our digital camera and also for sending email and getting on the Dis.

If it is not too much extra baggage, I say bring it.

We used it every day for pics and almost every night for Internet access.

Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter