Should I switch?

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
currently booked at WL. I can switch to AKL for almost $600 less. Should I switch? How big a hassle is going to MK when driving. We will have a car

As big of a hassle as it is to goto Epcot, AK and HS.....not really a hassle at all. For $600, its worth it to me to drive to one more park! Plus the ferry transportation is LONG LONG waits. A car is much quicker and easier. Change!! AK is really nice. And best of all...BOMA for breakfast :)

Also, if you do switch, make sure you call and MODIFY your reservation. Cont cancel and rebook, or you will be charged the new parking fee.

As big of a hassle as it is to goto Epcot, AK and HS.....not really a hassle at all. For $600, its worth it to me to drive to one more park! Plus the ferry transportation is LONG LONG waits. A car is much quicker and easier. Change!! AK is really nice. And best of all...BOMA for breakfast :)

Are you taking about the water transport from WL? I stayed at WL last year and never waited a long time for water transportation. I even went to the very last showing of wishes on 5/11 and ride a half full boat back, arriving at WL at 9:31 PM. The water transport was my favorite feature of WL.

That being said, for $600, I’d certainly consider switching!

I have no problem with the bus but my husband prefers to drive. But we could drive to the other parks and use he bus to MK. If we wanted to Uber to MK where would it drop us off?

I have no problem with the bus but my husband prefers to drive. But we could drive to the other parks and use he bus to MK. If we wanted to Uber to MK where would it drop us off?
I would switch to save $600. If you uber to MK they will drop you off at the TTC. We stayed at AKL recently and during one of our midday breaks we mixed it up a bit and did the Minnie van for $25. Ubers are a lot less money but the Minnie van was a cool experience and the BEST part they drop you at the entrance of MK not at the TTC. The Minnie van was unplanned but the bus ride from MK to AKL is long. Not terribly long but longer than the other resorts.

I would do that, MK just puts that extra travel link that can be just aggravating.

Reason I asked though was if it was because you are taking a big stroller or something you didn't want to drag on bus, then the tram at WDW might be a pain if where you park it is necessary.

I would keep WL. We loved taking the boat to the MK and the electrical water pageant plus the theming.

If you have a car, why would you take an UBER? No matter where you are in the lot, there is a tram to take you to the front.

You can take a Minnie Van, which drops you off at the MK bus stop, kind of behind the YC stop (forget the number right now).

We love Wl Lodge too but I actually added the saving and it would be $675 dollars cheaper to stay at AKL. I don’t know if the boat to MK being the only reason would be enough to keep my reservation there.

Love AKL, and with saving money it is even better! Very unique experience, especially if you enjoy animals - amazing for us. Much better QS with Mara vs Roaring Forks, several good TS spots, and 2 pools you can check out(one at Kidani). For the savings, it makes sense to try it anyway!

I would not switch. Reasons are:

Geyser Point
Boat to FW with all the activities
Roaring Forks has the best QS sandwich
Lobby at WL is one of the most relaxing (or perhaps a walk over to the DVC side for an even more relaxing lobby)

What about if you are going to lunch/dinner at chef mickeys. I am sure they drop people off at the Contemporary and then just walk to the MK

I just switched! Our savings was $675 which was worth it to us! We will have a car so if we want to drive, we can and if we want to take th bus we can. Our kids are 12 and 21 so it will be easy for us!

ENJOY! Explore every nook and cranny!

I just switched! Our savings was $675 which was worth it to us! We will have a car so if we want to drive, we can and if we want to take th bus we can. Our kids are 12 and 21 so it will be easy for us!

I’m excited! We have stayed at WL twice so it will be great to stay somewhere different.

I think you made a great choice! We've stayed at both WL and AKL twice and love both for different reasons. The WL is beautiful and the boat from WL to MK/CR is nice, but AKL is just as nice, IMO (especially for $675 savings). Have a great trip :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!