Should I Switch?

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi :wave:

We are massive fans of Portofino Bay and have stayed there twice before and had a wonderful time on both occasions.

On our next trip we thought that we should give Hard Rock Hotel a try - so we went ahead and booked it. What should we expect, we haven't really found out that much information regarding this resort and are strongly considering swtiching back to POBay.

Is HRH worth a try or should we change back with POBay?

We were planning on having 2 nights at one of the USF resorts, but maybe we should consider 1 night POBay and 1 night HRH - will this be too much hassle? (Do USF transfer bags/ check you in etc.)

Thanks for any advice/help!!

Richard.

I would stay with HRH if it were me. Most everyone loves it there, and it will give you a bit of a change. Plus, you are SO close to the parks...if you walk out past the pool, you will find yourself right at the entrance to USF! Go and enjoy the HRH.

Go and enjoy, the Hard Rock is awesome. Loews did a great job with both of these hotels and though they are different, there are lots of similarities.

I, personally, NEVER go to the same hotel twice! This wouldn't be a problem for me at all!

I personally LOVED Hard Rock. I've never stayed at Portofino but I'd sure give it a try! We're staying at RPH this time because we're like Robin - we like to try new places. Anyway - if you don't like HRH you're close enough to Portofino to spend plenty of time there! You can pool hop with the Universal resorts - and I plan to do that when we go in May!

Hi there...

I "heard" that you could not pool hop to portofino and that they checked hotel ID's- it is for guests only... has this changed?

Thanx

>>^..^<<

My vote is to give HRH a try! You know you love Portofino you may find you love HRH just as much for different reasons. My family has stayed at both. I just cant wait to give RPH a try too!
If you find it isnt your cup of tea you should have the option to change over without a problem providing there is availability.

>>^..^<<

Unless things have changed recently, we have always been able to pool hop. Maybe the villa pool is the exception?

You can pool hop just an FYI. I have stayed at all of them & like HRH the least. I don't like to be in crowded spaces all the time. I can't understand why they don't have a larger pool or a second pool. I hate fighting for a pool spot.
I have had a pool view room & I'm not a morning person, the music starts at 8:00am! I could hear it from my room. The second time I stayed there I asked for a garden view & that was much better.
I just prefer the PBH or RP any time over HRH. I personally stay where I get the best rate.
If you feel like you have gotten a great rate & want to try it, you should!

Thanks for your tips everybody.

Is HRH's pool small then?

And....

Do you think it would be too much hassle to have one night at HRH followed by one night at PBay???

Thanks!

As you can see, we have decided to cancel HRH and book POBay instead.

We weren't sure whether HRH was right for us, and I know that we should of gave it a try to find out, but we are happy with POBay again.

We'll make sure we visit HRH on our next visit and have a long look round to decide whether it will be suitable for our next visit.

Thanks anyway, Everyone!

It's not that HRH's pool is small, but for that size resort they don't have enough lounge chairs and there isn't much room around them. PBH has three pools and RP has a huge pool! with plenty of lounge chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter