Should I switch resorts?

Venym

Mouseketeer
I’m currently booked at All Star Movies preferred room but thinking of switching to Pop Century standard room. I’ve never stayed at Pop Century so I’m not sure if the resort size. Any help on deciding is appreciated.

Both resorts are comparable in size. I’ve stayed at and enjoyed both resorts, but my vote is for Pop Century. As a PP mentioned, at Pop Century you don’t share buses like you do at All Stars. However, at the end of the night at each park there are designated buses for each All Star Resort and I personally felt the wait time was less than waiting for the Pop Century buses. The food court at Pop Century is better though, in my opinion. However, I personally prefer the larger than life Disney themes at All Star Movies. But what really swings the vote for Pop Century is their recent refurbishment of the rooms. The newly updated decor was tastefully done and the bedding is extraordinarily comfortable. I usually look at Pop Century first when looking at value resorts, but wouldn’t hesitate booking All Star Movies.

Pop is one of my faves. Sharing buses isnt a big deal, but honestly it can be a bit of a pain. Its so much better to have ONE dedicated bus for your resort and not share. I love the fact that at Pop i can walk over to AoA and look around, eat at the food court (love their offerings btw), and also check out the gift shop. My other fave thing at pop is being able to get a lake view room. So serene! 60's lakeview is my fave.

I really like POP. I have stayed there two times and one advantage is the buses. I really like having one stop and that's it. Also they have renovated rooms and I really liked the new look. Its a little less Disney but its nice.

I was in Movies a couple of weeks ago and regret staying there. Stayed a week so I had enough time to explore it. I had a refurbished, preferred room in Toy Story and even so it is not a good resort imho. The food court is awful, always dirty and slippery with food people drop plus the food is sooo bad. We shared the buses almost every time and they took forever to pick up from the parks. I always waited over 30 minutes for a bus from the parks which is a bit ridiculous. Housekeeping sucked, I did not opt out and they still didn't clean the room 3 days. I had to call to get service at night. The third time the hk manager stopped by my room to talk about it without me asking so that was nice. The lobby smell is gross, made me want to puke whenever I walked through it. The only good thing it had was the CMs, super friendly and nice.

I've stayed twice at Pop and will always choose them out of all the values. I love the smell of the lobby, the food court is decent, quiet computer pool, never had issues with the buses. Housekeeping is hit or miss though. One stay I had issues with it but they credited me back one night because of it. The last stay HK was excellent. I stayed here during Pop Warner in december and even with the groups it was still better than Movies. I already booked a third stay at Pop.

J have not stayed at any of the All Stars, but I stayed at POP last trip, liked it and would definitely stay here again. Yes, it's a big resort, but seems to have a fairly compact footprint for its size. I had a Preferred room in the 70s and it was a great location. If I booked a standard room there, I would request 70s, too.

Big selling point for Pop: it is a short stroll across the bridge to Art of Animation, which has a really good food court (that also seems less crowded in my limited experience). I haven't done this, but when you're returning from the parks, if the bus line is too long or bus too slow, you can take the AOA bus and walk to POP.

I've done ~10 solo trips and I do them all at pop for a variety of reasons. The current biggest reason is all their rooms were just renovated and I personally like them. It's within walking distance to AoA for better food court options AND you can take the AoA bus back to the resort after the parks if Pop's is too long. The only bus you will share is the DME to and from the airport. I just don't feel that family cramped vibe that I experienced at ASM. You won't regret it. I opt for the 50's as it's my personally favorite music and right off the main building. Enjoy!

Pop is awesome. I believe all the rooms are refurbished. I like an upper floor to avoid noise from upstairs neighbors. The new beds are pretty darn good.

Seconding the AoA bus suggestion. I hop on whatever pulls up first when leaving the park. AoA tends to drop Magical Express people off first, so you can also "Pop" out there and walk over if you're sick of buses and planes.

On a side note. For May a Pop room is $138 standard view. A standard view at Coronado springs is $174. I went with CSR for just a few more $s per night.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the values and we can often find deals on moderates that are only slightly more than a value (plus our family has now sized out of the regular value rooms so there is that) But in comparison, Pop is better than any of the All Stars!

Love POP for a value resort. I’ve stay a few times. The resort is not huge but I usually book a preferred room just to be closer to the pool and food court. The rooms are awesome since they have done the upgrade.

Love POP for a value resort. I’ve stay a few times. The resort is not huge but I usually book a preferred room just to be closer to the pool and food court. The rooms are awesome since they have done the upgrade.

Cool. I booked a preferred room as well. I’m looking forward to checking it out.

I have stayed at both. Both resorts are, room size wise, the same. Both resorts have recently had their rooms refurbished-POP two years ago, Movies last year. Movies is smaller in scale to POP (Movies-1920 rooms; POP-2880 rooms) which means less people in the pools, the restaurant, the gift shop, the bus lines. And, no, Movies, Sports and Music do not share buses all of the time. They only share in the middle of the day when you have to squeeze 6 people total on each bus. My brother has stayed at POP the last three years and he said he repeatedly uses the AOA bus to return at night to POP as their buses are so full and the lines so long, it is worth the long walk to get back to POP from AOA.

POP is my solo resort, I pay extra for the preferred room but even the standard rooms are absolutely fine. Especially now with the refurbished rooms it's a winner for me every time!

I stayed POP last time and enjoyed it, though the grounds are pretty huge. I'm staying ASMu next month. Hoping for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter