Should I do FP+ at Epcot or DHS??

mi*vida*loca

Collect memories, not things
In the past we've gone in late August and always done our FP+ in our PM park. We would do RD AM park, midday break by the pool and PM park with FP+. Next trip is Jersey Week. :scared: Much busier and I have a mix of AM FP+, some PM days and some starting around noon. We have 10 day park tickets and right now I have my FP broken into 2 MK, 3 AK, 4 DHS and 1 Epcot. I'm wondering if I should drop one of the DHS and move it to Epcot. DHS is DD's favorite park and it's a mother daughter trip.

Should I change day 3 to Epcot? I've been looking and same day FP+ for Soarin or TT isn't very hard to get but during Jersey Week it may be much more difficult. Opinions? We are also staying at BWV the last 7 nights which makes it easier to get in and out of Epcot and DHS.

MK all day - FP+
BOG lunch 1:45 pm

AK AM EMH - FP+ starting at 10:00
Midday pool break
HDDR 6:15 pm
MK PM

DHS - FP+ - Starting at 10 - SHOULD I SWITCH FP+ TO EPCOT???
Lunch – VN 1:00 pm
Midday Pool break
Epcot PM

MK - CLOSES AT 4:30 THIS DAY. EXPECTING LOW CROWDS
Midday pool break if we want
DHS PM – FP + Starting at 5 pm

sleep in
AK by 12 pm- stay all day– FP+ starting at 12

Epcot- FP+ Starting 2 pm
11-2 F&W - Lunch
Midday pool break
Epcot PM

Sleep In
MK- FP+ - Start 2 pm - JC, PP, Splash
MVMCP

Sleep In
Epcot 11-2 F&W
DHS
FP+ TSMM, RnRC, ToT – Starting at 2

4 Parks One Day
AK – DHS – Epcot – MK PM EMH
FP+ FOP, roll over to next park – Starting at 9 am
Midday break
BOG 6:50 pm

Check Out 11 am
DHS – FP+ Starting 11:30 am
MK – Leave for ME by 5 pm

What would you FP at DHS?

What would you FP at Epcot?

That makes a big difference.

I've never been during Joisey week, but have been during Thanksgiving, Xmas, 4th of July weeks...so I know the big crowd thing quite well. I've never found FP+ for Soarin' or TT super hard to get, even during busy times. To be sure, it's easier during a random Tuesday in June, but not impossible during busy times. Besides, Epcot (Futureworld) really empties out the last hour or so. If you're there for a park close, you can get on a lot of things standby. I've never actually tried TT at park close, but I know Soarin' is a walk on, FEA line is really short...and of course the rest of the rides have no lines at all (Nemo, SE, etc....).

I'd stay with FP+ at HS, simply because I'd want FP+ for RnR...over and over and over and over...and the Toy Story stuff, specifically SDD and AS.

DHS would be RNRC, ToT and either SDC or TSMM. depending on which one we could get. That would probably be our mix everytime we FP DHS. We would do each tier 1 once and then TSMM the additional time.

At Epcot it would be soarin, SE and MS.

I've never been during Joisey week, but have been during Thanksgiving, Xmas, 4th of July weeks...so I know the big crowd thing quite well. I've never found FP+ for Soarin' or TT super hard to get, even during busy times. To be sure, it's easier during a random Tuesday in June, but not impossible during busy times. Besides, Epcot (Futureworld) really empties out the last hour or so. If you're there for a park close, you can get on a lot of things standby. I've never actually tried TT at park close, but I know Soarin' is a walk on, FEA line is really short...and of course the rest of the rides have no lines at all (Nemo, SE, etc....).

I'd stay with FP+ at HS, simply because I'd want FP+ for RnR...over and over and over and over...and the Toy Story stuff, specifically SDD and AS.

I’m looking now for today and soarin has lots of availability. I think we will just stick with DHS.

I'd stick with DHS too -- the only (easy) way to get onto Slinky Dog Dash is going to be via pre-booked FastPass.

For comparison, I moved an Epcot day around during my visit last week, and I had no issue getting FastPasses for Frozen Ever After a day before. Things are a lot more chill at Epcot this year.

For reference, during 4th of July week...Epcot was very easy to do without FP in the morning. We got on FEE, Soarin, and TT between 9 and 11:30. TT we did single rider, and rode it about 4 times...DD favorite ride at epcot. DHS on the other hand had 60min waites on RnR, and sometimes on ToT. Star tours wasn't bad. Toy story land was a crapshoot. So I would definetly stick with DHS for fp+

DHS would be RNRC, ToT and either SDC or TSMM. depending on which one we could get. That would probably be our mix everytime we FP DHS. We would do each tier 1 once and then TSMM the additional time.

At Epcot it would be soarin, SE and MS.

Keep in mind that TSMM is a straight walk on the last 20-30 minutes the park is open, so you can do it then w/out FP+. This past trip, on two different nights, we rode it 3x in a row.

SE is an absolute walk on in the evenings, and MS goes way down.

But still, on the whole, I'd save FP+ for HS if I had to pick.

Keep in mind that TSMM is a straight walk on the last 20-30 minutes the park is open, so you can do it then w/out FP+. This past trip, on two different nights, we rode it 3x in a row.

SE is an absolute walk on in the evenings, and MS goes way down.

But still, on the whole, I'd save FP+ for HS if I had to pick.

Oh yes. We did TSM last trip multiple times the last 30 minutes. The same with TOT another night. We loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter