Should I change resorts?

I think a better question to ask is where will you be spending most of your nights at? If your Epcot half days are in the evening then it will be better to stay at the

Does Disney transport your luggage to the other resort? Do you then have to check in to that resort?

Yes. When we have done this, you call the front desk to let them know you will be checking out and that your luggage needs to be moved to "x" resort. Bell services came up to get it, tagged it for us and took it. We then left for the park for the day. That night, we arrived at the new resort, checked in at the front desk, told them we had luggage transferred over. It was brought up to our room. Very easy.

We love Wilderness Lodge. Its our close second favorite resort in Disney, coming in just behind the Polynesian. However, we really like Beach Club and Yacht Club as well!

For a July trip I would prefer Beach or Yacht. We tend to enjoy the more tropcial\summer inspired resorts during the summertime. We often base our resort on the time of year. Fall\winter, and Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays we pick WL. Spring and summertime we pick Poly, YC, BC, CBR.

No question I'd switch to YC/BC but we are Epcot/HS fans and love being able to walk to the two. MK is just a part day park for us, we might hop over there a couple of times a trip but we never spend more than 3 or 4 hours. If it's morning we just take the bus, if it's later in the day we have probably been at Epcot so we take the monorail. We have actually started doing split stays with our first night or two at a less expensive resort then moving to an Epcot resort. We knock out AK on our first full day there since you have to take a bus there no matter where you stay and on arrival day we just get on the first bus to arrive. We drive down and get to our resort around 2, park our car and never get in it again until we move resorts. We use Disney transportation the entire time we are there. We always have with once exception, we had an ADR at V&A's and it was August and we didn't want to bus to MK then get to GF in dress heels for me and a sport coat for my son so we took Uber.

Can only comment on Beach Club, I have wanted to visit WL for many years, maybe our next trip at Christmas. We loved Beach Club for the accessibility. My daughters did not like the small food court, but otherwise everything else was great. We walked to Epcot at least 4 out of our 8 days, even just to get ice cream or dessert. We took the boat to HS and it was SO convenient.

They’re both beautiful resorts. I would stay with WL if you plan on being at MK more. If you plan on spending more time at EPCOT and HS then I’d switch to BC/YC. But as others mentioned, maybe a split stay would be perfect for you to get the best of both worlds.

They are two very different kinds of vacations in my book, and your decision should depend on how your family tours and what they want from the resort. We are EP and HS folks, so staying at the EP area resorts are part of our regular plans, now. We maybe go to MK once during our stay. I would LOVE to try WL out--really really would love to--but my kids and husband feel like they can't give up the access to the two parks by foot and boat; being able to go in and out of the parks and back to the resort without having to wait for transportation is a really great thing. So, my vote is for both, if you can do a split stay (only if you are staying a full week or more) and can arrange to do MK during one part of the trip and the other parks while you're at Beach Club. If not, figure out where you will spend most of your time and go with that. Even the greatest resort isn't always worth spending all your time at the bus stop...

Why would you think you would have the possibility of a discounted stay? Do you know a castmember? Any of reason for getting a discount? Discounts around the holidays are hard to find.

Well, personally, I would say Wilderness (full disclosure, I own DVC @ VWL). If you are going to spend considerable time at the resort it’s Wilderness for sure - awesome theme and more to do. Access to everything around Bay Lake is so easy. Want monorail? Just take the boat over to Contemporary and use it. Go to any monorail resort for dinner or cocktails. I love the boat to MK, especially coming back as it is the closest to the entrance/exit and gives my feet a break before getting back to the resort.

Having said that, if it’s an adult trip with cocktailing around Epcot planned then the Beach Club is an awesome choice ( I have stayed at the BC hotel and loved it- very spacious rooms comparatively. This walking to Studios thing is a bit overrated as I think it’s a bit too far for my taste.

Any way you go it will be a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter