Should I Call Off My Wedding? - Dont know if i will go now.

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
Please dont think that im heartless for even thinking about my trip, i feel so guilty already just thinking about it myself. (Also im sorry for this thread as there are already so many like this, but I need to vent)

Im due to fly to Vegas on Sunday to get married and fly to Orlando via Phoenix on Thursday. I then continue my honeymoon at WDW and then onto to Wonder.

As much as I want to get married, I really dont know if I can make this trip now.

My heart goes out to everyone who has been touched by the events of the last 24hrs. God Bless.

Emma

Is anyone else feeling the same way?

I'm sure you are not the only one thinking about their upcoming trips. I am very saddened by this horrible act of war but I too am concerned about flying in ten days. My DH feels that it will be the safest time to fly because of this horrible act. I don't know if I agree. I would like to know how they got the weapons onboard. One thing that I do know is that these individuals are terrorists. That was their job to terrorize. If they make us too afraid to fly, then they have won. I think that I will have to have a few "adult beverages" before I board the plane but I think I'm still going. If you decide to go, have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. Good luck!

I don't think you are at all heartless... if we stop all of our plans then we are letting those people win on so many more levels. Go on your trip... all of those people who can't anymore, would want you to go... they would not expect you to sit your home and not do anything.

If you don't go, they win. Try to go and enjoy.

DH & I were married in Vegas in July '98 @ the Silver Bell. It was a wonderful experience, and I know yours will be too. Your wedding day will be one of the best days of your life -- and it's one of the few days you're entitled to be selfish!! :) Weddings are about hope for the future and that's one thing that no one can take away from us!! Best wishes to you!

Here on the DIS we have a Wedding Board where this will be a good subject for discussion. I am moving it over for you.

I say go Pixiepower! We have to continue with our lives, and try to get back to normal. A wedding is a joyful event and we need a lot of joyful events right now to reaffirm our faith. Good Luck to you!

Thank you all for your kind words & those that sent me PM's. The kindness on these boards just keeps on flowing!
It just seams so wrong to party and enjoy myself (if i could, im not sure about that either) while there are some many people hurting.
I still dont know as yet if my trip will go ahead, but i think im going to leave it in the hands of God - what will be will be and all that.

Thanks again

Emma

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter