Should I allow almost 18 year old daughter to bring boyfriend?

isn't 18 an adult?
you do not have to pay for them.
they can pay for themselves if you want
but not allowing her to bring or not to bring her boyfriend.
You are allowing her to go on your dime.
she is an adult well almost.adults make decisions they need to live by

isn't 18 an adult?
you do not have to pay for them.
they can pay for themselves if you want
but not allowing her to bring or not to bring her boyfriend.
You are allowing her to go on your dime.
she is an adult well almost.adults make decisions they need to live by
Do you have older kids?

my comment was stupid. sorry.
No I have no kids. my comment was idiotic . I give it a 1 out of ten . My comment that is
No, it wasn’t stupid. A lot of people agree with you :).

I pay for my 18-year old adult DD because I want to spend vacation time with her.

My issue is . Is that education is key. You need to teach them when you play with bees you get stun. (I am trying really really hard to write a good euphemism) Thats why you need protection. Two beds might help. But you might want to have some boundaries . Maybe book a couple of adrs to allow them to talk but not get stun. I hope this message makes sense. Maybe I should mind my own beeswax. You might even want to rent a villa. I would suggest you have a good talk with your daughter and boyfriend about your concerns too.

I realize this is an old thread but I would definitely let the boyfriend come. The more the merrier. I let my daughters boyfriend vacation with us and it’s always a good time. He is coming to Disney with us in October and has traveled with us before. They will both be 16 on this trip.

Maybe I’m wierd but I don’t worry about pictures, sharing a room/bathroom ect. It all works out and besides we are getting a condo. I also don’t care if they do their own thing sometimes when we travel but they mostly always choose to come along and join the family in whatever activity we are doing. If they wanted to stay behind in the condo I’d let them but I know they won’t. My 18 year old son used to just sit alone in the condo when we vacationed with him the last few times so now he’s not invited!

Last edited:
Coming from someone who married their high school boyfriend, we always thought it was really nice when we both got included in family activities. He went to Disney with us, we went to Italy with all my extended family, I went on beach vacations with him, we went to visit each other at our different colleges when family would visit...

Because of this we are both really close friends with eachothers siblings and cousins and parents. We all enjoyed growing up together, and it made for a great wedding

Also, I can honestly say that we never thought about umm...doing anything when we were sharing a room with our parents. That's a little icky.

I do not have teenagers yet==my oldest is 11. But my instinct would be to say no. You will want some family time alone with your dd! You have some valid concerns, and if your gut is telling you no I would listen.
This, plus who knows if they'll even be together in July. I'd take what would probably be our last Disney trip as a family of however many before dd graduates and enjoy just as a family.

At 18 probably not. My dd is now 20 and we will invite her BF with us on our next vacation, they have been dating since she was 18.

I see that this is an old post, but for other parents who are lurking, looking for advice for a similar situation, here's my 2 cents....if there's a will, there's a way. It's better to educate your child on the proper way to handle adult matters versus just shielding them from the world and adulthood. Besides, serious significant others shouldn't have to be left out of a trip just because of these types of problems. I highly doubt in the OP's situation that the boyfriend and her daughter would have the nerve to fool around in the same room as the rest of the family for pete's sakes!

Yeah, I don't know how these old threads get bumped. The OP's position was kind of strange - not wanting to take the boyfriend because they might leave the park early and try to be intimate in the hotel room? I mean, are parents of older teens intentionally naive about their kids having sex? I don't see the point in being in denial about those kinds of things.

I wouldn't have wanted a boyfriend along in high school. In that small of a room, I'd have been mortified if he went in the bathroom after I had #2'd. I would not have been ready to spend 24/7 with a boyfriend at that age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter