Short Trip To Epcot

jazzbrk

Earning My Ears
I just found out that DH is taking me to Epcot May 23 - 25. Yes he is wonderful. It will be my first time there.

We plan on arriving late afternoon on the 23rd. I got reservations at All Star Sports (he requested football) with the code for $49.00. We'll leave the morning of the 25th to head back home to Tampa.

1. Should I buy the 4-day pass for Florida residents or Just buy the tickets for Epcot? We may go back before the 4-day pass expires.

2. What should we do on Wednesday night? Go to Epcot or check out downtown Disney?

3. Can I get a Disney club card there or do I have to send away for it?

4. Go back to Epcot on Thursday evening or somewhere else?

Thanks for your help. He's leaving all the planning up to me.

Susan

hi, 1. the good news is 4 day hoppers don't expire!!and you can "hop" to differant parks! especially good if one park is too busy. Or you want a change of scenery!! But if you are going back within the year Buy a worry free Annual Pass,and you may find a Ap rate on a room!

2. For Wed. why not do a Fantazmic dinner pkg? You can have a nice dinner and then see the Best Show in Disney Fantasmic and get reserved seating!!

3. You go to the DC web site and when you purchase the card they e-mail you the number so you can use it,then send you a card in the reg. mail with a welcome kit.

4. It takes me at least 2 days to do Epcot!! the 5 lands and innovations in the front half is one day and then World Showcase is another day!! the World Showcase doesn't open till 11:00am, but the TON parade and Illinations are in the evening and these are must see's! Find a place to eat in the WS. A late lunch 4:00 is cheaper than a dinner. But the Electric Umbella has a few good bargins,especailly the fruit ?platter and chicken strips!!

Any more questions just ask!!

I agree with tink2dw.

Check the prices of the passes and compare. It was the same price for my mom visiting 4 days to buy a FL seasional AP rather than a 4day pass. I don't think the AP would save you any more money ont he room rate though. We have that rate in Sept. and CM friends of mine are being charged $47 so $49 is a great price.

Fantasmic is a great idea and something not to miss. As is ToN parade.

The 4 park FL hoppers have an expiration date, I'd buy them and plan go back. You can R/T in a day if you're on a budget.

thanks for all the help!!

I'll check into the Fantzmic dinner. It sounds like a good idea. DH mentioned something about the ESPN sports bar, but I'd rather do that during football season or the world series.

I'm thinking about making reservations at the Rose & Crown for dinner Thursday night so we can watch the Illuminations (?) from there. Or is ther a better place to eat with a view?

For Florida residents the 4-day park hopper pass is $99.00. It does expire 9/30/01. I know I'll be going back in November when my sister and her family come down to visit. I'm planning on saving up and spoiling her kids rotten before they go home. I've heard that is rule #1 of being a good aunt.

Does the All Star Sports have coffee makers in the rooms? I need my coffee in the morning and my hot tea at night.

Thank you all for your replies to me and all the helpful items I have found on this board.

Susan

All Stars Do Not have a coffee maker or a hot pot. They don't even have a Hair Dryer!!

My All Stars room had 2 beds,1 night stand,a table and

2 chairs, a tv,chest of drawers[no desk], a clothes rod,

1 luggage rack, 1 mirror,1 small sink, a bathroom with

just enough room for a toilet [door barely passed by

toilet] and a tub/shower w/a too short x length plastic

shower curtain and a soap/shampoo dispenser[that

Never was Fill,even after 2 requests!] and that is all.
:( :( :( :(

Is the email that DC sends you enough to get a discount at the hotel? When I called up DC to find out about it for our upcoming trip on Thursday she told me that you HAVE to have the card in hand to get any discounts. If this isnt true then I could see if the 149.00 I am paying for CBR could be discounted if I joined DC tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter