Short trip report. 3 days. One soggy Cheerful Christmas party

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
DDs 25 golden birthday. She lives in Florida now. So I snuck in 2 nights at OKW. DH headed back home Sunday. We dropped him off at Jacksonville airport and drove to Orlando.
We had agreed to stop at an outlet mall and picked 2 stores to shop. The Christmas party started at 4 for us. Everyone got shoes at Nike. DD shoes got WET the first raining night so she happily changed them out.

Signed up for direct to room on the way down. Room was ready before we arrived.
Unloaded. Grabbed our Disney ponchos off we went.
CM are making everyone with a party ticket use the ferry. Started to rain at security. Really rain on the other side of security. Needed the ponchos off and on all night. Thankfully off for the parade, Castle show and fireworks and it was not cold. Going into the party the people held up before the turnstiles, that probably arrived at 3pm looked soaked from the rain. They were all corralled together, no where to go. I hardly saw any rain coats. Yuck. I felt bad for them.

For the party I thought the lines were short and the crowd level small. Another person thought it was crowded.

HM said wait time like 13 minutes and it was walk on. I found the wait times were shorter than posted but for rotr. Frozen, and seven dwarf train was exactly as posted this trip. Tron during the party DS went right before called rode it once, he was going to ride again with one of our bands but the line was all the way down the walk so he passed riding it again. Space was walk on. I heard it was down most of that day. We left 10:30pm. We were beat.

Normally I buy it all. Genie plus, lighten ride. But DD wasn’t sure if we were going to change parks. She works remote half days prior to going to a park. So we decided HS then Epcot for late hours. Everything at HS was 30 or less if we stayed away from the crowd surging at times. But we keep being at the wrong time to hit slinky dog this trip. (By this time it was too late to buy lightening for the rides)
Epcot. We could have gone at rode ratatouille at 10pm for a 20 minute wait. But we were too lazy to walk that f a r.
We do like the chicken dish there over salad. And their pizza portion is almost a whole pizza! We lucked out and got the free guardian ride for the party and that we did get to buy too. It broke down so we chilled in there for probably 15 minutes and it came back up. That ride it so cool.

Last day. We went back to MK all the wait time were down today. It was stroll on up to the ride and wait maybe a ride time and then you got to ride. Only seven dwarfs had the wait time still, but it dropped during the 3 o’clock parade to 30 minutes. We hit that up as our last ride. I snapped a picture of Santa on the way out.
It was funny we could track DS thru the park when he would buy food/snacks. it would tell us our mobile order was ready.

Dumb move. I am from a cold state. I did not bring a winter coat. I watched the weather. I saw the rain move from day to day. DS is 6’ that is why I brought our Disney ponchos max coverage. The temp was supposed to be 73°. Without notice it changed to 53° and at DD’s it was 37° when I flew out this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter