Short notice 4th of July trip

BeachMama13

Mouseketeer
Our next trip wasn't supposed to be until Thanksgiving but, I have extra leave to burn at work and the family couldn't decide where to go in July. I happened upon a week at FW and booked it.

Our park AP's are blocked out currently so we are thinking about getting Water Park passes and checking out BB & TL--plus enjoy the Fort pools, too. Do a little resort hopping, too--to check out restaurants, etc.

What can you tell me about the 4th at the Fort? Additional Fireworks or just plan to watch MK's from the new beach? There's a golf cart parade, too, right?

Currently on the fence if we want to upgrade our passes so we can go to the parks. We will be there for 10-12 days. I'm a FL resident, so I know it's hotter than the surface of the sun during the days, but still thinking about going in the evenings. This would probably be our last trip on this year's pass as we have to renew before the Thanksgiving trip.

I've been down once over July 4th week. It has been a while (10 years or so), but I don't recall it being any busier than other Summer weeks- 8-10 on crowds. You already know the weather. I'd consider upgrading the passes. I love resort hopping, checking out DS and other non-park things, but I don't think I could fill 10-12 days with just that.

j

I think we may wait to upgrade our passes until the renewal and do a few days at Universal. The kids are getting older and want more thrill seeking rides. Since we're military, we can pick up a pass for a few days there.

Who knows, once they drive under the gate and are within the bubble, they may change their minds! Mom is always ready to go to Disney!

Enjoy your time there - at least you know what temp. to expect. I love the heat (southern too) but we no longer have any desire for summers and Disney. Our son & wife are there now, and said they prefer the heat to the freezing they had in Feb. We don't want either!! :-) We prefer late April.

I think we may wait to upgrade our passes until the renewal and do a few days at Universal. The kids are getting older and want more thrill seeking rides. Since we're military, we can pick up a pass for a few days there.
Great plan! As the kids get older they enjoy camping at the Fort but definitely get jaded about doing Disney parks (boring) especially if they spent their younger days there. It becomes a huge waste of money. Universal will give them the thrills they are seeking and hold their interest. BUT consider purchasing Express Passes to make the day more fun and less tedious.

Universal was a nice thought... Our main reason for going was to check out Volcano Bay (water park). They just redid the military tickets and blocked out VB for June/July. Same with the FL resident passes. We were going to get a 4 day pass and save a couple of the days for during our Thanksgiving trip. Meh, it's ok...

Probably go to Kennedy Space Center one day, too. My dad worked there during the Apollo days and I love visiting any time we're down there.

Busch Gardens just came out with a single day pass for Vets & 3 family members. We're going to start the trip in Tampa, stay at Sun n Fun for a couple of days and do Busch Gardens then. Kids haven't been there.

Then we will head to the Fort on the 2nd. Thinking since this is the last trip before the passes expire, I won't upgrade from Weekday Select to Gold, but maybe do the Theme Park Select. We could go to HS and Epcot then. AK isn't our favorite park and MK can wait a few more months.

Looking forward to getting away, doesn't really matter what we're doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!