Shore Hotel Santa Monica

skuttle

DIS Veteran
Instead of spending a night in Hollywood, I think we will spend the night in Santa Monica.

Originally we were going to go from the airport to Santa Monica, then spend the night in Hollywood. The stuff I want to see in Hollywood should only take a couple of hours, so we will plan to knock that out on our way to a Dodgers game the next day.

It's been a struggle to fine a place that fits our family of five. The Shore Hotel will fit us. Anyone stay there before?

Santa Monica is one of my favourite places to visit - really get that SoCal vibe there. We had 2 nights at Shore Hotel in 2014, the location is great especially if you are planning on checking out 3rd Street Promenade. The hotel is modern, pool nice but small (not all SM hotels have pools) and service good. The only thing was we paid for a standard room which had a view of an internal courtyard, so may as well been anywhere i.e. not next to the Pacific Ocean.

The following year we had two nights at Loews with an ocean view room and it was superb, some if the best hotel money I have spent. Of course they may not do rooms for 5 (only 4 of us) so may not help... Service was great, pool area fun, and this was our view:

IMG_0639.jpg

Others I have considered include Doubletree, plenty of space but location not so good; and there is a new Hampton Inn and Courtyard but once again location not as good as Shore.

Santa Monica is one of my favourite places to visit - really get that SoCal vibe there. We had 2 nights at Shore Hotel in 2014, the location is great especially if you are planning on checking out 3rd Street Promenade. The hotel is modern, pool nice but small (not all SM hotels have pools) and service good. The only thing was we paid for a standard room which had a view of an internal courtyard, so may as well been anywhere i.e. not next to the Pacific Ocean.

The following year we had two nights at Loews with an ocean view room and it was superb, some if the best hotel money I have spent. Of course they may not do rooms for 5 (only 4 of us) so may not help... Service was great, pool area fun, and this was our view:

View attachment 304604

Others I have considered include Doubletree, plenty of space but location not so good; and there is a new Hampton Inn and Courtyard but once again location not as good as Shore.

Thanks! I did look at doubletree but it seems a bit further away, although we will have a rental car. It’s only for one night. We arrive at LAX around 1030am and plan to head to Santa Monica. Then the next day will knock out Hollywood on way to dodgers game. I have a room in downtown LA for after the game, and we will head to the science center the next day on way to Disneyland. I hate to do two hotels, but with traffic and the location I think it makes the most sense.

And that view from Loews is gorgeous! I’ll have to check them. The one in Hollywood had a suite that would fit us.

We have stayed at the Shore and LOVE it... amazing hotel in a fantastic location. It is only a few years old so still has a nice new feeling about it. The rooms are not huge but a decent size. The rooms at the front (closest to the water) are the nicest but there are rooms towards the back that have little to no views.... you get what you pay for I guess. The pool is lovely and the food service is great. Easy walk to all attractions... across from the pier and short stroll to shops and promenade areas.

The only negative is the price.... we cannot always afford to stay here..... or other back up option is the Whydham at the Pier. They allowed us 5 people last year... but only 2 double beds and certainly no room for a roll away... we had small children so were able to all squeeze in. Rooms are older and much smaller than the shore.... but everything was very clean. They are really close to each other in terms of location.

We have stayed at the Shore and LOVE it... amazing hotel in a fantastic location. It is only a few years old so still has a nice new feeling about it. The rooms are not huge but a decent size. The rooms at the front (closest to the water) are the nicest but there are rooms towards the back that have little to no views.... you get what you pay for I guess. The pool is lovely and the food service is great. Easy walk to all attractions... across from the pier and short stroll to shops and promenade areas.

The only negative is the price.... we cannot always afford to stay here..... or other back up option is the Whydham at the Pier. They allowed us 5 people last year... but only 2 double beds and certainly no room for a roll away... we had small children so were able to all squeeze in. Rooms are older and much smaller than the shore.... but everything was very clean. They are really close to each other in terms of location.

Thanks! Great to hear! I did book it for the one night we need it. My kids are 14, 7 and 5, so we need bigger rooms/beds for sure. Can’t do double beds anymore.

I actually thought about staying two nights, but just doesn’t make sense to drive way back over there after the dodgers game when i can get a nice, cheaper place in downtown LA and we plan to do the science center the next day on the way to Disneyland. Good back to Santa Monica unfortunately doesn’t make sense!

However, our flight arrives at lax at 1030 am so we will have a decent amount if time there before we have to check out the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!