Shore Excursions cancellation policy?

What is cancellation policy for shore excursions?

You need to cancel three days before the cruise begins. If something occurs once you are on the cruise, you can discuss that with guest services, but there may still be a charge.

And if something happens (even after the cruise has started)and the excursion is cancelled they will refund your money.

And if something happens (even after the cruise has started)and the excursion is cancelled they will refund your money.

Yes. If Disney - or the vendor - cancels the excursion you will be refunded. But if the something that happens is say it rains and YOU do not want to go but the excursion goes, you are out that money.

I ask this because we were only able to book 1/2 our group on 2 different excursions because of last min booking. I was hoping to talk to someone once we boarded but that doesn’t seem possible. I’ll have to cancel and hope someone cancels other. Thanks.

You need to cancel three days before the cruise begins. If something occurs once you are on the cruise, you can discuss that with guest services, but there may still be a charge.
Our cruise leaves this Saturday!!!!! Do I have until Wednesday night or Tuesday night? How do they count 3 days. I don't think it's 72 hours.

Our cruise leaves this Saturday!!!!! Do I have until Wednesday night or Tuesday night? How do they count 3 days. I don't think it's 72 hours.

Since Disney seems to consider the start point on the day when you can first begin to book activities as midnight, I would guess it is midnight for canceling also. That would lead me to believe that tonight at midnight would be the cancellation point.

Yes I would like to know this too. I have a beach day planned next Tuesday and as of today it is showing thunderstorms all day. If that stays the same I'll cancel the excursion and take my chances on finding a beach excursion if the weather pans out. But with a cruise leaving on Monday do I have until Thurs night, friday night, or 72 hours before departure?

If you are on the FAntasy saturday with us, then yes, tomorrow is the last day to cancel (or is it tonight at midnight)

Just FYI, I leave saturday and I am still able to log into my reservation and change port adventures. Not sure when it locks them but so far I am able to.

Good to know. So it's probably midnight EDT tonight. We've decided to stick with the excursions we had planned.

Yes, today is probably the last day to modify. I sail on Friday and could make changes all day yesterday but not today.

Right before our last cruise, my weather app showed thunderstorms every day of our cruise. Every day was sunny, not a drop of rain, hopefully yours will be the same.

I added some room amenities today. I asked the DCL member on the phone. He said today is the last day to add things to the room, which is a three day prior limit. So he said canceling is the same thing. He said 11:59 EDT is cut off tonight for Saturday's cruise.

I completely understand Disney's policy on excursion cancellations and won't complain about them. What I'm disappointed about though is from my understanding (and I could be completely wrong here) that even if an excursion is sold out online that some availability is still there for booking on arrival date. If this is true, it's not worth it for me to chance it and not book something in advance with the hope I'll get lucky when I arrive. Is this true, or is that just the case for reservations such as Remy & Palo and onboard activities?

I completely understand Disney's policy on excursion cancellations and won't complain about them. What I'm disappointed about though is from my understanding (and I could be completely wrong here) that even if an excursion is sold out online that some availability is still there for booking on arrival date. If this is true, it's not worth it for me to chance it and not book something in advance with the hope I'll get lucky when I arrive. Is this true, or is that just the case for reservations such as Remy & Palo and onboard activities?

I have one experience where we were not able to book the excursion we wanted ahead of time. Went to Port Adventures once onboard and they said the excursion was full. This leads me to think that they do not hold spaces.

Is this true, or is that just the case for reservations such as Remy & Palo and onboard activities?

Yes, they do with Remy and Palo; maybe with tastings now that those can be booked online, though I'm not sure.
I do not believe they hold any port excursion slots to book onboard - if it's sold out online, expect it to be sold out onboard unless someone is trying to cancel very last minute.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter