Shopping @ World of Disney outlet--worth the trip?

Scrap'nPatty

Earning My Ears
I leave in 15 days for my first big vacation trip.
I won 5 3day hoppers and I fly to SanDiego to meet up withy my brother and his kids. My son is 11 and I never thought I would get to go to Disneyland because my husband is in no way a part of any rides etc.(Wont even go to our local fair)

Thankfully I stretched things out for the airlines(1 full week) Good thing because my brother just found out his leave(Navy) was changed and he can't go when we first thought. I had to call the hotel and change dates a bit to cover it. He still will have to work, drive us up to Disney on the 30th for Mickeys trick/treat then he has to drive back for duty the next day, then back to meet with us for the following 3 days at the parks.

I figured the kids and I could go shopping down town and maybe make the journey up to the Disney outlet store(if it is worth it). Then we could hang out at the hotel pool(Paradise Pier) until he can make it back up.

I told him to just leave me his debit card and all will be fine! :)

So if anyone traveling at the end of October ends up at the World of Disney store, could you keep an eye out for snow globes, plus size clothes and sweat shirts for about $20-$25 Please!

I can't wait to go!

I havent been to the one in CA, but I have been to the one that moves around our area. Its actually not a World of Disney outlet, its operated by this company http://www.ams-liquidation.com/index.htm Right now they have a lot of 50th merchandise. Some prices are really good, others not so much. I've heard the stores outside of CA have better prices then the one closest to the park.

I'm not sure where in WA you are, but I've heard that the one that just closed in Burlington will be moving to Totem Lake in the next couple of weeks. The site doesnt reflect that, but I find its not updated very often. Seems like they have a store in the Auburn Supermall every year or two.

Have a great trip!

hlbtimes2 said:
I'm not sure where in WA you are, but I've heard that the one that just closed in Burlington will be moving to Totem Lake in the next couple of weeks.
Seriously?! I just drove an hour to Burlington last week, and it's going to be in my neighborhood in a few weeks? Hahahahaha!

If this is true, it will be in the Totem Lake Mall in a space currently occupied by a (temporary) Halloween store. They were there several years ago and we bought a few things, but most of the stuff then was dated the year before, and a lot of stuff for California Adventure, which was not popular then. Burlington had lots of merchandise that was 50th but also lots that was not, and not dated or anything. I bought quite a bit there.

I'll be eager to check on the Totem Lake store now and then to see what comes in.

Thank you everyone!

It is so funny, I have coworkers that are just as excited for me!
They are doing the "count down" along with we too.

I think my brain has already left for Disneyland! :cloud9:

13 1/2 days till I leave!!

Patty

Scrap'nPatty said:
I leave in 15 days for my first big vacation trip.
I won 5 3day hoppers and I fly to SanDiego to meet up withy my brother and his kids. My son is 11 and I never thought I would get to go to Disneyland because my husband is in no way a part of any rides etc.(Wont even go to our local fair)

Thankfully I stretched things out for the airlines(1 full week) Good thing because my brother just found out his leave(Navy) was changed and he can't go when we first thought. I had to call the hotel and change dates a bit to cover it. He still will have to work, drive us up to Disney on the 30th for Mickeys trick/treat then he has to drive back for duty the next day, then back to meet with us for the following 3 days at the parks.

I figured the kids and I could go shopping down town and maybe make the journey up to the Disney outlet store(if it is worth it). Then we could hang out at the hotel pool(Paradise Pier) until he can make it back up.

I told him to just leave me his debit card and all will be fine! :)

So if anyone traveling at the end of October ends up at the World of Disney store, could you keep an eye out for snow globes, plus size clothes and sweat shirts for about $20-$25 Please!

I can't wait to go!

Congratulations to you! and please say thank you to your brother for the service he gives to our Country. I appreciate his willingness to serve.

I don't think the outlet is worth it if you have to squeeze it in and it takes away time from the park. If you have extra time - and transportation - then go for it. I have yet to buy anything there - but others have found some great buys. I guess my timing has been off. :)

You might want to infestigate the train to San Diego to make things easier on your brother - there is a terminal in OC - not sure of the cost - check with Amtrack for the schedule and rates. It may be cheaper than gas :confused3 - certainly saves some time for him if he is dropping off and picking up only and not staying.

The kids and I will have all day Halloween to find something to do.
I want to save our hoppers when all of us are together to go.
But I think a day at Down Town Disney should do fine for us.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to vist other resort pools?
I have read it somewhere, but then I read stuff that it no longer is allowed. ??

So any imput would be great!

Thanks again for the info.

minnietoo Thanks for the military support. My brother is almost ready to retire now(1 year until his 20th) He did several tours of the first gulf war and plenty of other(undisclosed at this time) runs.
Thankfully he is not over there now.

Take care,
Patty

When we stayed at PP last Oct pool hoppng was not an option. We asked a few people, and were always told no. We even tried our room key in the gate at the DLH, it didnt work. The last day, we got a note that our pool at PP was closed and we could use the DLH. Of course, it was check out day and we didnt have time!

So, I guess you should ask when you get there, but I wouldnt count on being able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter