Shopping stops between MCO and Royal Pacific?

ImarriedGrumpy

AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
We are looking ahead to our trip next year, and have booked a flight that will require us to pay for our checked bags (that was the best flight time and cheapest price). We're going to try and keep what we have to check to a minimum to save money, so we're planning on shipping some things ahead of time, and we'll buy some things when we arrive.

One person in our group has a number of food allergies and restrictions, and he will need to either buy or bring some pretty specific food items with him to stay healthy during the trip. He normally shops at Whole Foods or Sprouts for these things, and we did a quick google search and found a Whole Foods that looks like it's between MCO and Universal.

For those who know the area well, is that Whole Foods in a reasonable spot for a stop on our way from the airport? Our plan is to hire a car service of some kind (5 people in the group) and request a grocery stop.

And another question, is there a drug store or something similar in the same area as the Whole Foods? In a perfect world, we'd be able to divide and conquer and have a couple people do the WF run, while the others hit a Walgreens/CVS/Target/Walmart/etc.

If he can't buy stuff when we arrive, he'll have to check a suitcase worth of food items, so we're hoping this Whole Foods stop will be doable.

Thanks!

When I use Tony Hinds for my transportation in Orlando, I contact him in advance and tell him I need a stop on the way to the hotel

He knows where all the stores are and goes wherever I ask
He will go to any store you request
He knows places and store hours of them all
So I’m no help with your question on locations for your groups shopping needs

Hopefully, you will use car service that will take you wherever you need to shop before reaching your hotel

We are looking ahead to our trip next year, and have booked a flight that will require us to pay for our checked bags (that was the best flight time and cheapest price). We're going to try and keep what we have to check to a minimum to save money, so we're planning on shipping some things ahead of time, and we'll buy some things when we arrive.

One person in our group has a number of food allergies and restrictions, and he will need to either buy or bring some pretty specific food items with him to stay healthy during the trip. He normally shops at Whole Foods or Sprouts for these things, and we did a quick google search and found a Whole Foods that looks like it's between MCO and Universal.

For those who know the area well, is that Whole Foods in a reasonable spot for a stop on our way from the airport? Our plan is to hire a car service of some kind (5 people in the group) and request a grocery stop.

And another question, is there a drug store or something similar in the same area as the Whole Foods? In a perfect world, we'd be able to divide and conquer and have a couple people do the WF run, while the others hit a Walgreens/CVS/Target/Walmart/etc.

If he can't buy stuff when we arrive, he'll have to check a suitcase worth of food items, so we're hoping this Whole Foods stop will be doable.

Thanks!
There is both a Whole Foods and a Walgreens near the "intersection" of Sand Lake Road and I-4 (just south of Universal property) - they are not on the same side of I-4 but they are pretty close. As mac said, if you were to go with Tony or another similar service, they would know the best stops for you.

Thanks! We decided we'd book with Tony Hinds and let him know when we book where we need to stop. It's worth it to pay him a little extra if necessary to keep us from bringing an extra suitcase (or two) of special food items with us. Traveling with severe food allergies always involves multiple extra steps.

Trader Joe's is also on West Sand Lake Rd-1.3 miles from Whole Foods-might have options there too. And usually cheaper than Whole Foods.

Trader Joe's is also on West Sand Lake Rd-1.3 miles from Whole Foods-might have options there too. And usually cheaper than Whole Foods.

Thanks! We have TJ's and WF both out by us, so it's good to know both are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter